Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

I have to say the Simin Bird artticle makes sense but its as likely to be true as it is he made it up to make sense of events. That's what journalists do.

I was beginning to think that all of this was about Ashely wanting out of the game/club and that engineering chaos, fan unrest, pantomime headlines etc was some bizarre ploy to stimulate buying interest. That made very little sense either by none of this does. The Bird article at least brings some rational perspective however idiotic the actual events.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew saying the players are not good enough sounds like excuse 117 on his Rolodex.

Carr seems to me to be justified in rejecting that which infers that Pardew is unable to make the best of them.

I can't see Kinnear improving this stand off in any way whatsoever.

Pardew saying the players are not good enough sounds like excuse 117 on his Rolodex.

Carr seems to me to be justified in rejecting that which infers that Pardew is unable to make the best of them.

It's really all about the last line and what his instructions are.

Llambias probably wasn't able to explain to Ashley, (not being a football man) why Carrs great buys were under performing. (According to Pardew).

The problem is this will now create a vipers nest of back biting until its resolved by either a change of scout / scouting policy or change of manager.

Exactly, he's hardly a world class diplomat. He's more likely to take one side and alienate the other.

Any way you look at it this seems to be an unmitigated clusterfuck, which I think means we'll have an inexplicably storming season or, more likely, be relegated.

Edited by trophyshy

I see the chronicle are saying that part of Kinnear's job could be to introduce new players to the media! Just when I was wondering how he could get himself in the press any more here comes the answer.

You can just imagine it, "welcome everyone, I'd like to introduce you to our new signing Darren Bender".

I have heard on through the jungle drums that Carr is unhappy with Pardew to be fair, doesn't think the players that he scouted and brought in are being coached to potential.

Still, the idea of employing Kinnear as a peacemaker is akin to sending George Bush Jnr to North Korea for diplomatic talks.

So all of a sudden we don't believe Simon Bird, even though he's been held up by many as one of the best journalist covering Newcastle for years :lol:

Sounds more to me like some are just upset that there is logic and reasons to Ashleys actions and it doesn't quite fit with their "he's doing it to be nasty" agendas.

Hes not doing it to be nasty, hes doing it because he doesn't really appreciate the dynamics he's tampering with, and for some unfathomable reason he appears to not to give two hoots as to the consequences of his actions, which is strange for a billionaire. Basically, and I think beyond speculation such as this, I can be pretty sure saying Ashley's incapable of making more than two good decisions in a row. Don't know enough about his history at SD to say its the same there, but to me it just sums his nature up, a gambler to his marrow. Simon Bird is a good lad and I'd be surprised if he was trotting out some mis-information fed to him by the club to turn the PR tide tbh, but these are strange times. Maybe what Chez says is closer, he's come up with a logical explanation, but it doesn't read like that.

I quite enjoyed everyone being united in disgust at Kinnears appointment. Then CT comes back and starts his shit stirring. Doesn't blame Ashley? Clueless as ever

It's almost like he's got form for it.

Hes not doing it to be nasty, hes doing it because he doesn't really appreciate the dynamics he's tampering with, and for some unfathomable reason he appears to not to give two hoots as to the consequences of his actions, which is strange for a billionaire. Basically, and I think beyond speculation such as this, I can be pretty sure saying Ashley's incapable of making more than two good decisions in a row. Don't know enough about his history at SD to say its the same there, but to me it just sums his nature up, a gambler to his marrow. Simon Bird is a good lad and I'd be surprised if he was trotting out some mis-information fed to him by the club to turn the PR tide tbh, but these are strange times. Maybe what Chez says is closer, he's come up with a logical explanation, but it doesn't read like that.

See the posy before yours. Is SLP on the payroll now? Is there no limit to Ashleys reach :lol:

See the posy before yours. Is SLP on the payroll now? Is there no limit to Ashleys reach :lol:

:lol: from Birds piece:

"A Toon insider explained: "

What do you think that means?...

Edited by PaddockLad

That someone's spilling the beans but doesn't want to lose their job.

What about you?

Always fucking Beans with you isn't it?

;)

That someone's spilling the beans but doesn't want to lose their job.

What about you?

How could Bird check if it was true?.... basically him doing that piece is him being used by somebody at the club who wants to peddle that version of events. The source may be impeccable, Birds got a good reputation, his pieces usually have the ring of truth to them. But a piece this week blaming it all on a fall out between Carr and Pardew is just too fuckin convenient. Am not saying theres no element of truth in it, but usually when an article appears with those words in it the more lucid among us dismiss it out of hand. This is a propaganda piece iyam, and if you're daft enough to fall for it completely fair enough.

:lol:

CT!..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ689162bR8

Didn't a 'club insider' make sure some journalist was made aware that KK was wanting to sign Thierry Henry, Zinedine Zidane, Zico, Socrates, Wayne Rooney and any other outlandish transfer you could think of about the time that situation kicked off? These club insiders seem to have a habit of stirring the shit in favour of the hierarchy whenever there's a contentious issue, mind. :whistle: