Red Nose Day/Week/Month etc etc

snakehips

The Beeb seem to be milking this for all they can. Dross programmes left, right and centre with Red Nose Day the excuse to show any sort of shite. They seem to think that they can show any crap they want as we (the taxpayers) surely can't complain as it is all for charity etc etc.

Other companies are jumping on this band waggon as well.

I'm all for charity, yet feel it's getting all a bit too much.

Maybe I'm just a curmugeonly old twat (please tell me if that's the truth as I really don't mind), but it's beginning to get on my tits. Anyone else feel this, or do I need to shave my head and body, paint myself pink, for Red Nose Day to show how caring and wacky I am at the same time?

WTF is red nose day?

It's a big charity event that happens every 2 years in the UK in aid of abolishing poverty in the UK and abroad (esp Africa). People do all sorts of sponsored things to raise money for it and one evening/night of television is devoted to comedians etc putting on a show trying to get people to donate money.

Obviously, from the responses before yours you can see that this is clearly a terrible thing and should be stopped immediately.

:lol:

WTF is red nose day?

It's a big charity event that happens every 2 years in the UK in aid of abolishing poverty in the UK and abroad (esp Africa). People do all sorts of sponsored things to raise money for it and one evening/night of television is devoted to comedians etc putting on a show trying to get people to donate money.

Obviously, from the responses before yours you can see that this is clearly a terrible thing and should be stopped immediately.

<_<

I thought it was every year?

Where does the money actually go? I would love to see how much of it gets over there correctly!

I give to a couple of charities regularly and sponsor people when they're doing runs etc., so I don't tend to bother with Comic Relief or Children In Need. Glad it's there as a prod in the ribs for people who think they ought to do more, I suppose.

EDIT: Sorry, that came across as very "well I'm great". <_< You know what I mean though, I'm sure we all could give more, but yeah.

Edited by Meenzer

I give to a couple of charities regularly and sponsor people when they're doing runs etc., so I don't tend to bother with Comic Relief or Children In Need. Glad it's there as a prod in the ribs for people who think they ought to do more, I suppose.

EDIT: Sorry, that came across as very "well I'm great". <_< You know what I mean though, I'm sure we all could give more, but yeah.

Same here, we have direct debits set up to several charities.British Red Cross, Amnesty and Shelter specifically. Buy the noses and stuff for the kids, but I don't ring in to donate.

The bolded bit is unnecessary mate, nowt wrong in saying it.

Have the newsreader women done their song & dance thing in their pants yet? Or is that Children in Need?

It's all my Christmases and birthdays at once is what that is

Susannah Reid, Kate Silverton

<_<

Have the newsreader women done their song & dance thing in their pants yet? Or is that Children in Need?

It's all my Christmases and birthdays at once is what that is

Susannah Reid, Kate Silverton

<_<

I'd donate a weeks wages for Susannah in her frillies like.

Hate shit like this and never donate to charity.

Think It's all a scam, though I can't justify that.

Might be lenny Henry's fault. The awful cunt.

Edited by Happy Face