Baby Gloom

Dr Gloom

As of 5am this morning I'm a proud parent to a baby boy, Jonah James, weighing in at an impressive 9 lbs. Labour went well. Mrs G was Herculean in her efforts - and I did some top notch spectating.

Only thing that strikes me now as I sit next to snoozing mrs and baby is what the fuck do I do now? Shame they don't come with instruction manuels. And is it too soon to declare him as a toon fan?

Congratulations matie.

Its never to early to sign him up for baby magpies.

Let his life of torture while watching all things Toon commence.

Hurray! Many congrats :D Don't worry about the instruction manual - you just make it up as you go along :D

It was a mega babyfest at work last night, there can't be any pregnant women left in Gateshead!

Thanks guys. Just out of interest, did any of the parents here feel like knew WTF they were doing with your first bambino. The magnitude of what's happened hit me like a bomb when he made eye contact with me for the first time. I have literally no idea what I have to teach this person I helped bring in to the world. I suppose it's mainly a case of making it all up as you go along.

Defintely the most overwhelming experience of my life. Can't imagine even a toon treble winning season matching it.

Hurray! Many congrats :o Don't worry about the instruction manual - you just make it up as you go along :D

It was a mega babyfest at work last night, there can't be any pregnant women left in Gateshead!

:icon_lol: Never fear, I'm on my way :D

Congrats The Glooms; never too young to announce his doom. Although a "JJ" at Newcastle :o ... don't get him a fish!

Thanks guys. Just out of interest, did any of the parents here feel like knew WTF they were doing with your first bambino. The magnitude of what's happened hit me like a bomb when he made eye contact with me for the first time. I have literally no idea what I have to teach this person I helped bring in to the world. I suppose it's mainly a case of making it all up as you go along.

Defintely the most overwhelming experience of my life. Can't imagine even a toon treble winning season matching it.

I felt the same when we got the kittens. You just learn as you go along.

I felt the same when we got the kittens. You just learn as you go along.

:D

Hurray! Many congrats :o Don't worry about the instruction manual - you just make it up as you go along :D

:icon_lol: Never fear, I'm on my way :D

Congrats The Glooms; never too young to announce his doom. Although a "JJ" at Newcastle :o ... don't get him a fish!

Or a mobile phone.

Only thing that strikes me now as I sit next to snoozing mrs and baby is what the fuck do I do now? Shame they don't come with instruction manuels. And is it too soon to declare him as a toon fan?

Teach the fucker to spell better than you for a start.

Many congrats - all the best.

Nice one Gloom. :icon_lol:

Advice- ignore all advice.

You're right, just make it up as you go.

That was my advice :D

On the bairns first birthday I remember thinking "Bloody hell, I've had him a whole year and I haven't broken him yet!" :D