The bench mark is set

Jusoda Kid

by the players themselves today. Thought Shearer was excellent as were the rest of the team, why don't they play like this every game and then the fans wouldn't be on their case? - strange.

Scott Parker - Warrior - fact

Poor bastard lost a tooth today, not nice, eventually ran out of steam after giving his all.

Parker is a Geordie :lol:

So are you admitting that it's the players too, and not just the manager? Because I didn't see a lot of difference in tactics today, as what I saw the previous week, difference was, we had players performing well individually.

66617[/snapback]

The players put in a lot of effort and so made up for the lack of individual skills and an organised team play. It was a nice win, but still too few chances created. Arsenal look a bit half-arsed these days, playing some nice football and dominating in the first 30 mins but then weren't able to cope with Newcastle's aggression.

What the win means remains to be seen. With two away fixtures coming up it could be just another false dawn.

The players put in a lot of effort and so made up for the lack of individual skills and an organised team play. It was a nice win, but still too few chances created. Arsenal look a bit half-arsed these days, playing some nice football and dominating in the first 30 mins but then weren't able to cope with Newcastle's aggression.

What the win means remains to be seen. With two away fixtures coming up it could be just another false dawn.

66636[/snapback]

Exactly. One swallow does not a summer make. One win, against a lethargic-looking Arsenal (imo) should not detract from what was, basically, a performance lacking much skill.

The 'tactics' seem confused to me. On one hand we have the desire to hoof the ball up the field at the earliest possible moment hoping that Shearer will get it (on more than a few occasions the ball going straight out of touch :lol: ), then when Owen is virtually begging for an early ball over the top to run on to, the ball is passed short in midfield :lol:

Yes there was great endeavour on our part, but is that not for the likes of Cola league teams and the likes of Bolton and Wigan; swapping skill for brawn??

I'm sure we could have spent a lot less than £50m to assemble a team of cloggers, if that is what Souness wanted to have. Where's the skill and finesse Souness?

So are you admitting that it's the players too, and not just the manager? Because I didn't see a lot of difference in tactics today, as what I saw the previous week, difference was, we had players performing well individually.

66617[/snapback]

Of course it's the players but it doesn't help being sent out with no game plan and as we all know that's the managers responsibility.

66617[/snapback]

Of course it's the players but it doesn't help being sent out with no game plan and as we all know that's the managers responsibility.

66685[/snapback]

Yeah, I know that, but was there honestly any difference in gameplan between the Villa & Arsenal games? I couldn't see any difference, just the players played 10x better yesterday in general.