Hi, I'm drinking Pinot Grigio at midnight on Tuesday

Gene_Clark

I think Chez has won there.

Really?

Semillon is enjoyed an appreciated here but generally it's a house of red wines.

And although cellaring is near impossible in our house, at the moment there is a 1999 Wolf Blass Black Label, 2005 Zema Cluny & a few other early noughties reds (cab sav and cab blends) waiting to be drunk.

The lass is on holidays atm, so a brilliant Two Paddocks Picnic Pinot Noir was a fine way to wash away a shitty day of work.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinking Pinot grigio at any time of day or night should result in automatic ban.

Pinot noir on the other hand....

Some Pinot Grigio / Pinot Gris is really nice but I think it's just most British drinkers like bland shite so that's what most of the stuff you get here is (same reason Carling, Fosters etc is so popular).

i just recently discovered dry reisling. like a lot of brits, i naively thought all reislings were sweet and nasty but it's actually an absolutley lush grape. really minerally and crisp with some citrus fruits in there. about £10 a bottle for a good one mind so not cheap but well worth trying if you haven't already.

Various Australian dry rieslings are some of my favourite wines, found some pretty nice ones from the likes of Oddbins for around £10. Goes lovely with a Chinese too. :(

One of the best wine experiences I've ever had was a bottle of Petaluma Riesling and Chinese food.

Another was the world's cheapest shitty white the then lass bought and a goat's cheese salad.

I think I'll try the Petaluma again!

This is the one I was on about btw: http://www.nzhouseofwine.co.uk/product.php...pinot_gris_2008

Matakana Estate Pinot Gris 2008 is a graceful wine with a light lemon hue. The bouquet offers delicate, sensuous aromas of sun-ripened pears, soft peach, subtle quince and a whisper of cloves. Rich and luscious flavours of ripe melon, succulent apple and lychee are wrapped seductively in a soft creamy texture. The full, stylish palate surrenders to a long smooth finish.

love that shit :(

I have a cellar. Got 18 bottles ready to drink this year which i put down 4 years ago.

Mainly pinot grigio.

If anybody's not getting the Alan Partridge/Tony Hayers BBC canteen scene in response to this theres something wrong with them.

I'm seein Bob doing "jazz n jewellery" too

Really?

Semillon is enjoyed an appreciated here but generally it's a house of red wines.

And although cellaring is near impossible in our house, at the moment there is a 1999 Wolf Blass Black Label, 2005 Zema Cluny & a few other early noughties reds (cab sav and cab blends) waiting to be drunk.

The lass is on holidays atm, so a brilliant Two Paddocks Picnic Pinot Noir was a fine way to wash away a shitty day of work.

:lol: I was taking the piss.

About the pinot grigio, not about the cellar.

Really?

Oh, thank fuck for that. I was half expecting to read something in tomorrows news about some English twat run up at the guillotine wearing an "I am win t-shirt" in a Pinot Grigio spectacular!

Edited by sammynb

Really?

fritzl_bitches_don_t_711.jpg

:D

Drinking Pinot grigio at any time of day or night should result in automatic ban.

Pinot noir on the other hand....

Some Pinot Grigio / Pinot Gris is really nice but I think it's just most British drinkers like bland shite so that's what most of the stuff you get here is (same reason Carling, Fosters etc is so popular).

i just recently discovered dry reisling. like a lot of brits, i naively thought all reislings were sweet and nasty but it's actually an absolutley lush grape. really minerally and crisp with some citrus fruits in there. about £10 a bottle for a good one mind so not cheap but well worth trying if you haven't already.

jilly.jpg

:lol: