Holidays 2011

smoggeordie

New York and then Barbados for my main one. Also got a week in the Italian lakes and a week in Fort William. Probably head to the lakes and North Wales and then Liverpool for the match too. All this costs far too much like.

When are you and how are you doing this?

New York and then Barbados for my main one. Also got a week in the Italian lakes and a week in Fort William. Probably head to the lakes and North Wales and then Liverpool for the match too. All this costs far too much like.

Whereabouts in Barbados are you going? Didn't really seem like the dream holiday spot when I was there. When you going?

I'm off to Barcelona for a few nights over May bank holiday then somewhere in August for the main summer holiday.

How have you guys sorted tickets and where are you staying?

I went easter last year to barca to watch barca-bilbao and was thinking of going milan this year. Managed to find a website which delivered the footy tickets straight to the barca hotel, meaning that they weren't as ridiculous expensive as buying them and having them delivered here (via viagogo or something similar). Anyone aware of something similar for milan

Cheers

Off to Milan to see A.C Milan vs Cagliari so I'll be there for a couple of days but other than that nowt exciting. :rolleyes:

Taking kids on their first holiday, thats to Salou in May as we wanted a short flight. Going to Milan for 3 days in April (to see AC v Inter) and hoping to get to Dubai to the Rugby 7's in December but thats still a bit in the air.

When you going to NY Nick?

Am going to Miami for 5 nights in April, then to the West Coast (LA, OC, San Diego) and on to Vegas for 4 nights. Never been to America before so pretty excited!

Going to Turkey in September for an all inclusive gig with the mrs. Seems like ages away.

Nah i've never been to yankland either mate. Along with Sydney, NYC is one of the main cities in the world I want to visit. We're going 28th may - 3rd June straight after my summer exams. Just booked up Statue of Liberty today, going to try to book most other things fairly sharpish too to guarantee good seats. Going to broadway show, Mets game etc...

Hope you save plenty of your spending money for Vegas mate :rolleyes:

;) It's lucky we're doing Vegas last otherwise I could have ended up a bit financially buggered for the trip. Was reading up about Miami yesterday, meant to be really expensive if you don't know where you're going.

If you (or anyone else going to Miami/Orlando/Florida in general) needs any tips or advice, let me know. Just live up the road a bit and know some places that the in-laws from the UK seem to enjoy.

As for me... going to "lovely" Portsmouth for three weeks or so with a trip to Manchester for a wedding and hopefully another little trip up to Scotland to stay with a friend up in Inverness area. Later on in the summer, a trip to California for wine tasting and then finish it all up in the mountains of North Carolina before going back to work in August.

Whereabouts in Barbados are you going? Didn't really seem like the dream holiday spot when I was there. When you going?

I'm off to Barcelona for a few nights over May bank holiday then somewhere in August for the main summer holiday.

I'm staying in the Almond beach resort which is next to Sandy Lane on the west coast (the beach is amazing). I've been before and it's a nice enough Hotel, I'm only staying for 5 nights after NYC so won't get bored. I'd agree Barbados is massively over-rated though, but it was the only viable Carribean option in our case. If I was going straight to the Carribean I'd go to Cuba probably.

Lets see, Weekends away; 3 hen do's, my Birthday and ladies day at the races.

And 2 1/2 weeks in the good old US of A, Washington DC, Dallas and San Antonio.

Ohhhhhh and a business to run.

Its going to be a busy year

:rolleyes: