Tiote signs until 2017

Del Pede

Regardless of how much sceptecism you apply this is good news.

My main hope is that it helps to leads to Enrique and Barton also extending their deals.

Facts of the matter are that every player has their price. The sooner some people on here realise that it doesn't need to be proclaimed every minute the better.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If contract extensions, new contracts for incoming transfers etc are to be factored into the equation when mentioning the ambiguous & loosely defining line peddled by the club that 'the Carroll money will be reinvested back into the club', then a sizable chunk of Pardew's potential summer transfer kitty has just evaporated. I really hope this isn't the case.

Incoming transfers, and their outlay, must match the money received for Carroll - pound for pound minimum............... as will be the case with Liverpool because they will continue build their attacking 1/3 around him, re: the cash received for Torres, and then some.

Edited by Year Zero

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :o

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

are you still conceding inferiority to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs ?

Try not to derail a positive thread for once.

relevant comment that needs an answer tbh.

Your a one trick pony bore mate. Lifes too short for your ilk.

more irony.

You might think we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but some of us don't. The club should be aiming to get above these teams asap.

Is literally what every post of yours boils down to and it's only shorthand for "outspend everyone" at the end of the day, however you dress it up.

You could save time by abbreviating each one of your posts to: 'asap' and we'd still get the message.

obsessed.

Like it or not, what I said in the other thread is exactly what Ashley has done to the club.

And you're still an obsessed wanker, that posts a load of old bollocks.

There was an annoying as fuck Budweiser advert a few years ago where all these Yank blokes shouted "whaasaaaap?!" down the phone to each other. Well you could do one for John Smiths; you sat there in your y-fronts surrounded by empty tins shouting "asap!!!!" down the phone, to the talking clock.

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :o

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

more irony.

You might think we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but some of us don't. The club should be aiming to get above these teams asap.

Is literally what every post of yours boils down to and it's only shorthand for "outspend everyone" at the end of the day, however you dress it up.

You could save time by abbreviating each one of your posts to: 'asap' and we'd still get the message.

obsessed.

Like it or not, what I said in the other thread is exactly what Ashley has done to the club.

There was an annoying as fuck Budweiser advert a few years ago where all these Yank blokes shouted "whaasaaaap?!" down the phone to each other. Well you could do one for John Smiths; you sat there in your y-fronts surrounded by empty tins shouting "asap!!!!" down the phone, to the talking clock.

W T F :(

It's really sad what FCB has done to us that so many of us aren't feeling very positive about this! Personally while I don't believe for a second we'll be able to hang onto him for the length of his contract, I think its now much more likely he'll be here next season and that in turn makes it more likely our other better players will want to stay too.

That said you'd have to be blind not to realise that every player has a price and all this does is increase that price. Given Ashley's lack of reinvesting money he's brought in from transfers in the past, the question remains whether getting a higher fee for a player benefits anyone but the fat cunt himself.

Regardless of this, I'm determined to see the positives of this more than the negatives because when I last let Ashley fuck me off that much it made me miss one of the most amazing comebacks in history!

It's also worth remembering when we talk about players having a price for us, that Woodgate was sold by the previous regime when we were at a much higher point than we've been since. We don't like it but it is a fact that when one of the very top teams comes in and is prepared to offer massive money for our players it becomes almost impossible to stop their heads from being turned.

And no Leazes i'm not saying that we should accept that Liverpool and Spurs should be clubs that can do that to us, but if the likes of manure and chelski come in we're going to struggle to hang on to a player.

Nothing negative whatsoever in this. Good news for the player and the club.

What disgusts me is shite like Bremner has written in the sun about a statement of intent. Utter horseshit. A statement of intent would have been offering Carroll this contract, or telling the player and Liverpool to fuck off, or using the money to steal Suarez....or match Anelka's wage. The only statement of intent Ashley has given is to break even.

Contracts are not there to tie a player to a club, they're there to protect the incomes of the club and the player until both parties are happy with another deal being offered...whether it's in 4 months (like Carroll) or 4 years.

What disgusts me is shite like Bremner has written in the sun about a statement of intent. Utter horseshit. A statement of intent would have been offering Carroll this contract, or telling the player and Liverpool to fuck off, or using the money to steal Suarez....or match Anelka's wage. The only statement of intent Ashley has given is to break even.

Contracts are not there to tie a player to a club, they're there to protect the incomes of the club and the player until both parties are happy with another deal being offered...whether it's in 4 months (like Carroll) or 4 years.

Spot on

Spot on

For me the real statement of intent will come in the Summer. Nevermind spending the £35Mil from the Carrol sale I want to see Ashley also put some of the money the club has made this season from TV/etc. Getting Tiote on a long term deal does nothing other than ensure we'll get top dollar should we sell him.

Guest Your Name Here

More crud about this today with the Sunday Sun claiming Tiote turned down ‘overtures’ from Real Madrid to sign his new deal with NUFC. It’s bad enough Pardew treating us like idiots without the local media joining in the bullshit fest.

More crud about this today with the Sunday Sun claiming Tiote turned down ‘overtures’ from Real Madrid to sign his new deal with NUFC. It’s bad enough Pardew treating us like idiots without the local media joining in the bullshit fest.

:(

Its true, they hired a 50 piece orchestra to play Beethoven down the phone to him.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :(

more irony.

obsessed.

:lol: not content with being obsessed, and in awe of my knowledge and perception of the football club to yours, you're an odd cunt.

It's also worth remembering when we talk about players having a price for us, that Woodgate was sold by the previous regime when we were at a much higher point than we've been since. We don't like it but it is a fact that when one of the very top teams comes in and is prepared to offer massive money for our players it becomes almost impossible to stop their heads from being turned.

And no Leazes i'm not saying that we should accept that Liverpool and Spurs should be clubs that can do that to us, but if the likes of manure and chelski come in we're going to struggle to hang on to a player.

not necessarily, but the point is that it wasn't Manu or Chelsea who bought Carroll, but Liverpool. And it was Villa who bought Milner and Beye, and Spurs who bought Bassong, and worst of all, Wigan who bought N'Zogbia - all of whom couldn't wait to get away and they all went for career reasons or even worse monetary.

I'm quite surprised this point appears to have by-passed you tbh, skidders I could understand, and mancmag too who is so obsessed he just disagrees with anything I post.

Edited by LeazesMag

exactly. Now if I had said that.....

'If you come to a new club in a new country it is important there is a good atmosphere at the club.

'As soon as I arrived here the players made me welcome. They helped me settle in and meant I could do a good job on the pitch.

'Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people.

'Newcastle is not so busy. That makes it easier to focus on your job. For me it is important. I would like to be here for a few years. I can learn here.

'I feel settled here. I enjoy it here. The fans are good and the new manager likes me. The club has looked after me and I do my best for the team and the fans.'

not necessarily, but the point is that it wasn't Manu or Chelsea who bought Carroll, but Liverpool. And it was Villa who bought Milner and Beye, and Spurs who bought Bassong, and worst of all, Wigan who bought N'Zogbia - all of whom couldn't wait to get away and they all went for career reasons or even worse monetary.

I'm quite surprised this point appears to have by-passed you tbh, skidders I could understand, and mancmag too who is so obsessed he just disagrees with anything I post.

So you think we should judge an offer by the club offering and not on the size of it? So, for example, if Man Utd had offered 15 mill for Carroll you'd prefer us to give preference to that offer?

MORON.

'If you come to a new club in a new country it is important there is a good atmosphere at the club.

'As soon as I arrived here the players made me welcome. They helped me settle in and meant I could do a good job on the pitch.

'Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people.

'Newcastle is not so busy. That makes it easier to focus on your job. For me it is important. I would like to be here for a few years. I can learn here.

'I feel settled here. I enjoy it here. The fans are good and the new manager likes me. The club has looked after me and I do my best for the team and the fans.'

:lol:

I dont like that though....thats like me saying to my girlfriend...

"im happy now, i'd like to be with you for a few years, i can learn from you"

:lol:

So you think we should judge an offer by the club offering and not on the size of it? So, for example, if Man Utd had offered 15 mill for Carroll you'd prefer us to give preference to that offer?

MORON.

exactly. Now if I had said that.....

...does that not tell you something Leazes?

If I couldn't make a common sense post without people ripping the piss based on the majority of my other posts, I'd realise I might have become a caricature and tone it down. Unfortunately it's not 2 days since you last mentioned Shepherd, and rarely does it go that long. This, almost 4 years since he sold his stake in the club.

I think you and I must agree on almost everything about the running of the club, it would be brilliant to have a lad like you post on what's happening on and off the pitch WITHOUT framing it in terms of what happened in the late 90's

It's not passed me by at all it's just simply not the point I'm making. When Woodgate wanted to go we were a team that was regularly competing in Europe and could have conceivably challenged for the title and we couldn't keep him. We didn't need the money desperately he just wanted to leave for another club. So there are times when you can't stop a player wanting to go.

I clearly said however that I don't think we should accept Liverpool and Spurs can do this to us and I don't think Carroll or Milner left for the same reason as Woodgate.

I do believe we could have stopped Carroll going to Liverpool had we wanted to and the same goes for Milner but the fat cunt wouldn't pay them a contract which matched what we were supposed to be valuing them at and most importantly he wanted the money. Carroll was on a long contract so we could have just rejected his request and I think Milner was the same so we could have pretty much made them stay.

In the instances of both Carroll and Miler I think the club were at fault (less so Milner as I never thought he was worth what we sold him for, and still don't, but the problem again was that he wasn't replaced).

You make no sense in mentioning the other players though. N'Zogbia had been agitating for a move away for ages and it had got to the stage where he just wanted to be anywhere else and the other two both left because we'd been relegated so obviously premier league teams were more attractive options to them.

:rolleyes:

It's not passed me by at all it's just simply not the point I'm making. When Woodgate wanted to go we were a team that was regularly competing in Europe and could have conceivably challenged for the title and we couldn't keep him. We didn't need the money desperately he just wanted to leave for another club. So there are times when you can't stop a player wanting to go.

I clearly said however that I don't think we should accept Liverpool and Spurs can do this to us and I don't think Carroll or Milner left for the same reason as Woodgate.

I do believe we could have stopped Carroll going to Liverpool had we wanted to and the same goes for Milner but the fat cunt wouldn't pay them a contract which matched what we were supposed to be valuing them at and most importantly he wanted the money. Carroll was on a long contract so we could have just rejected his request and I think Milner was the same so we could have pretty much made them stay.

In the instances of both Carroll and Miler I think the club were at fault (less so Milner as I never thought he was worth what we sold him for, and still don't, but the problem again was that he wasn't replaced).

You make no sense in mentioning the other players though. N'Zogbia had been agitating for a move away for ages and it had got to the stage where he just wanted to be anywhere else and the other two both left because we'd been relegated so obviously premier league teams were more attractive options to them.

I understand, and I agree. Most clubs, even the very biggest ones, sometimes lose their best players when other attractive offers become available. Even ManU lost Ronaldo to Real Madrid, but that doesn't make them a selling club, he had won everything at ManU and wanted another challenge. If they can't stop Ronaldo leaving, how can we stop Woodgate ?

You can understand players wanting to leave for certain other clubs, like ManU, Barcelona, Real etc, but they should not be because they see clubs like Villa, Liverpool and Wigan as career moves.

This is also a reply to HF. We should really have just told Liverpool to fuck off, same as Spurs, Villa and Wigan. This in itself is a statement of intent, doing exactly this, and strengthening when in a strong position in most cases halts the process of players becoming unsettled and looking elsewhere anyway. My guess is that if we had made such a statement, Carroll would still be here and Enrique and Barton would have signed new contracts by now.

Edited by LeazesMag

:rolleyes:

I understand, and I agree. Most clubs, even the very biggest ones, sometimes lose their best players when other attractive offers become available. Even ManU lost Ronaldo to Real Madrid, but that doesn't make them a selling club, he had won everything at ManU and wanted another challenge. If they can't stop Ronaldo leaving, how can we stop Woodgate ?

You can understand players wanting to leave for certain other clubs, like ManU, Barcelona, Real etc, but they should not be because they see clubs like Villa, Liverpool and Wigan as career moves.

This is also a reply to HF. We should really have just told Liverpool to fuck off, same as Spurs, Villa and Wigan. This in itself is a statement of intent, doing exactly this, and strengthening when in a strong position in most cases halts the process of players becoming unsettled and looking elsewhere anyway. My guess is that if we had made such a statement, Carroll would still be here and Enrique and Barton would have signed new contracts by now.

Yeah that's fair enough and I certainly agree in the case of Carroll (Milner I'm still not bothered that we lost just that we didn't re invest that money). As I've said before though, I don't think the case of N'Zogbia fits into your argument as I don't for a second think that he went there because he thought they were a bigger club that he could fulfill his ambtions with. He just wanted out and as no big club was coming in for him, he just went to whoever came in (probably with the view that it would be easy for him to leave Wigan whenever someone else came in for him). The players sold after relegation are irrelevant to the argument also.