Tiote signs until 2017

Del Pede

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :o

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

are you still conceding inferiority to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs ?

Try not to derail a positive thread for once.

relevant comment that needs an answer tbh.

Your a one trick pony bore mate. Lifes too short for your ilk.

more irony.

You might think we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but some of us don't. The club should be aiming to get above these teams asap.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said this means fuck all, absolute typical Ashley manoeveur, get a front man to shout the fanfare for something that in the grand scheme of things means nothing. At the end of the season Tiote, would've had two years on his deal, now it's going to be five, and as we all know the longer a contract the higher the likelyhood of a high fee. He got Hughton and Llambias to shout from the roof tops about it:

Friday 8th October

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias was equally thrilled with the 21-year-old's new deal.

He said: "We're dedicated to bringing exciting young players through our youth academy to play for the club.

"Andy Carroll certainly fits that bill, having graduated through the ranks here, and we're extremely pleased to have agreed with him a new long-term deal.

"Players like Andy are the future of this club and we have spent a long time putting together a deal that is right for both him and Newcastle United."

31st January 2011

Newcastle United have sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool in a record £35m deal.

My pro Ashley mate on the text already "great news for NUFC this"

pipe down #naivemugs

If we're going to sell we'll get more money. You yourself said we'd be nuts to turn down £35m for a player 'none of us thought was worth £10m 6 months earlier'.

Nobody's saying he's now unsellable but it does show that he's at least prepared to risk the fact that he'll be here for a long time.

Aye I know that but all of this amazing news for the club is bollocks is so misguided, they'd sell their nana's the cunts if the price is right. I wouldn't sell Tiote at any price. Someone was mentioning pie in the sky bids for the likes of Milito, there are better strikers than Carroll out there, there's no one better than Cheik who we could get in.

it is good news though whichever way you look at it. better he's signed than not, regardless of whether the club decide to cash in before the end of his new contract.

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

more irony.

You might think we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but some of us don't. The club should be aiming to get above these teams asap.

Couldn't agree more! If we keep selling our best players to the likes of Liverpool, we simply make them stronger and ourselves weaker. I have no doubt that if we had kept AC, Liverpool would not be where they are now in the league, despite him not playing. It just gave Liverpool a massive lift which produced results on the field.

Hopefully we will see the same in the summer if we get Enrique, Barton and Colo signed up and we bring in some quality players to give the lads a huge lift and a belief that they can and should be challenging for the CL.

Guest LeazesLad
Stevie you're being a bit hypocritical re: carroll and bringing him up here, you even said at the time we had to sell him for that money

Carroll is a different matter, and I'D STILL have taken the money for him, because it's the only way we could improve the squad cos that fat horrible bastard isn't going to put anything else in. Tiote is absolutely integral to this side, I think we'd be in the bottom three, straight up, without him such is his influence.

We were below Liverpool and spurs when Freddy sold up weren't we?

Look up how many times we finished above those clubs before The Halls and Shepherd sold up, and stop trying to derail the thread.

We should be looking to get back above the likes of Liverpool and Spurs again asap is all I said. Most people will agree with this, i suspect, although there are a few others who for some reason bracket them with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. Probably through ignorance and inferior expectations.

more irony.

Couldn't agree more! If we keep selling our best players to the likes of Liverpool, we simply make them stronger and ourselves weaker. I have no doubt that if we had kept AC, Liverpool would not be where they are now in the league, despite him not playing. It just gave Liverpool a massive lift which produced results on the field.

Hopefully we will see the same in the summer if we get Enrique, Barton and Colo signed up and we bring in some quality players to give the lads a huge lift and a belief that they can and should be challenging for the CL.

so true and staggeringly simple

I reckon he's the main difference between our being where we are and right down in the relegation fight like, because he allows the likes of Barton and Nolan to concentrate on their strengths as well as helping out the back four and generally allowing us to dominate rather than being dominated in the middle of the park.

Wonder which way this thread is heading btw :o

We were below Liverpool and spurs when Freddy sold up weren't we?

Look up how many times we finished above those clubs before The Halls and Shepherd sold up, and stop trying to derail the thread.

We should be looking to get back above the likes of Liverpool and Spurs again asap is all I said. Most people will agree with this, i suspect, although there are a few others who for some reason bracket them with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. Probably through ignorance and inferior expectations.

You're definitely Fred! It wasn't just me it was them too!

I reckon he's the main difference between our being where we are and right down in the relegation fight like, because he allows the likes of Barton and Nolan to concentrate on their strengths as well as helping out the back four and generally allowing us to dominate rather than being dominated in the middle of the park.

spot on.

Our ability to win the ball in midfield, with these players, is the best we have had for some time.

An interesting angle from a poster on the chronicle website...

In any business you need quality people at the top,this club is putting the right people in the right places on long-term contracts.Therefore securing the long-term future of the club.

This together with the structures being put in behind the scenes and the investment into the academy tells me that maybe this club within the next 2 years will go to the city.....or be sold to a foreign investor !

Doubt whether it would still be possible to float a football club in this climate, but it would tie in with all the long term contracts etc.

spot on.

Our ability to win the ball in midfield, with these players, is the best we have had for some time.

His powerful surging runs forward with the ball are a quality I've never seen in our team from that position too. He's an animal

spot on.

His powerful surging runs forward with the ball are a quality I've never seen in our team from that position too. He's an animal

forgive me if I view this post with a small amount of scepticism.

spot on.

Go on...?

Wonder which way this thread is heading btw :(

spot on.

Go on...?

you making an observant football post doesn't really add up somehow....

Lets not derail the thread though.

:o

more irony.

Is literally what every post of yours boils down to and it's only shorthand for "outspend everyone" at the end of the day, however you dress it up.

You could save time by abbreviating each one of your posts to: 'asap' and we'd still get the message.

I said in the Enrique thread that imo he makes about 6-9 places difference in the league and that win % just shows that to be true. Alex is spot on about his influence and impact on those around him.

This lad is special, my firm favourite player this season and i think any early comparisons to Batty have been firmly put to one side. I remember 2 months going by with Batty not making a forward pass, this lad is head and shoulders the best combative midfielder we have had at this club since i can remember. He has made the odd mistake which is down to his age but i see him improving as a player and i hope its with us.

It was nice to see some reflection on the player's comments too (everyone else seemed to rush into Professor Brian Cox mode "Yes but what does this MEAN??" as if it might reveal the answers to life the universe and everything. It doesnt, it is what it is, which is an improved contract for our best player. People put too much influence on Ashley regarding whether the player stays or not, the most important person is the player himself and then the agent. The next most influential are the buying club and Ashely. All the owner (or chairman) does is set a price. If clubs dont match it, he goes nowhere. If the club matches it but the player doesnt want to go, he goes nowhere.

So what price Tiote? Well hopefully this means he isnt 'for sale' but what it does not do is stop other clubs putting a bid in or making enquiries, using agents to influence his agent and try and put pressure on the player. We cant stop any of that happening and it will go on this summer, am sure. If he is on £40k a week then thats a £10m contract. Using price/wage/contract length ratios for other top midfielders, my rule of thumb puts his price above £25m.

Does the player want to stay?

"This is a great club and the fans have been brilliant - I have never known support like it.

Signs are good.

Wonder which way this thread is heading btw :(

spot on.

Go on...?

you making an observant football post doesn't really add up somehow....

Lets not derail the thread though.

:o

You made one without the word decline or ambition so I saw an opportunity ! :(

I said in the Enrique thread that imo he makes about 6-9 places difference in the league and that win % just shows that to be true. Alex is spot on about his influence and impact on those around him.

This lad is special, my firm favourite player this season and i think any early comparisons to Batty have been firmly put to one side. I remember 2 months going by with Batty not making a forward pass, this lad is head and shoulders the best combative midfielder we have had at this club since i can remember. He has made the odd mistake which is down to his age but i see him improving as a player and i hope its with us.

It was nice to see some reflection on the player's comments too (everyone else seemed to rush into Professor Brian Cox mode "Yes but what does this MEAN??" as if it might reveal the answers to life the universe and everything. It doesnt, it is what it is, which is an improved contract for our best player. People put too much influence on Ashley regarding whether the player stays or not, the most important person is the player himself and then the agent. The next most influential are the buying club and Ashely. All the owner (or chairman) does is set a price. If clubs dont match it, he goes nowhere. If the club matches it but the player doesnt want to go, he goes nowhere.

So what price Tiote? Well hopefully this means he isnt 'for sale' but what it does not do is stop other clubs putting a bid in or making enquiries, using agents to influence his agent and try and put pressure on the player. We cant stop any of that happening and it will go on this summer, am sure. If he is on £40k a week then thats a £10m contract. Using price/wage/contract length ratios for other top midfielders, my rule of thumb puts his price above £25m.

Does the player want to stay?

"This is a great club and the fans have been brilliant - I have never known support like it.

Signs are good.

I made a similar point re: the player, i.e. if he did want away in the near future, then signing the contract is actually an obstacle to that.