If you could own one piece of art……

Monkeys Fist

Well, I can draw. :o

My brother got the lions share of the artistic genes in our family, he's a graphic designer.

I do love art though, me and Mrs. Fist will have a stroll down Armstrong Bridge now and again, although most of the stuff there is pish.

I can stand in front of an image,sculpture or building and marvel at it for ages though , if it's something that catches me.

With an impeccable taste in books I have to say!

:(

Has he bought one?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skunkers, will be going mental about this place like: top three threads about art, recipes and keeping yourself trim :o

What about this.....

You have mentioned toontastic and i think that is much more your sort of board, that board has cracking debates on hiring childminders and gardeners and how to do the guardian crossword. I would add that in your quest to win a shitty fucking competition you spammed this board 24/7 for a month.

they were debating the cost of childcare and commenting how much money they are all on it reminds me of the Gosforth park hotel in the old days full of fucking tossers i prefer this place more spit and sawdust and like a dirty old boozer where you can spit and fart and no one gives a fuck.

Well I say, I thought some people had manners :(

Skunkers, will be going mental about this place like: top three threads about art, recipes and keeping yourself trim :o

What about this.....

You have mentioned toontastic and i think that is much more your sort of board, that board has cracking debates on hiring childminders and gardeners and how to do the guardian crossword. I would add that in your quest to win a shitty fucking competition you spammed this board 24/7 for a month.

they were debating the cost of childcare and commenting how much money they are all on it reminds me of the Gosforth park hotel in the old days full of fucking tossers i prefer this place more spit and sawdust and like a dirty old boozer where you can spit and fart and no one gives a fuck.

We might as well whack up a poll about which is the best fabric conditioner :(

Guest LeazesLad

My brother got the lions share of the artistic genes in our family, he's a graphic designer.

I do love art though, me and Mrs. Fist will have a stroll down Armstrong Bridge now and again, although most of the stuff there is pish.

I can stand in front of an image,sculpture or building and marvel at it for ages though , if it's something that catches me.

Aye buildings for me, mainly cathedrals. I think how the fuck did those fuckers with nee scaffolding etc ever build that. Just incredible be it Durham or notre dame.

I actually like moody sea scapes a lot to be fair.

What about this.....

careful what you wish for

What about this.....

careful what you wish for

Aye buildings for me, mainly cathedrals. I think how the fuck did those fuckers with nee scaffolding etc ever build that. Just incredible be it Durham or notre dame.

Yup, this is very sad, but Ive often passed some of the old peoples bungalows in South shields perched right on the cliff edge with views out over the sea and think that would be a marvellous spot to retire. (Failing loads of cash and somewhere in the south of France of course).

Love a good old Winter storm smashing into the light houses etc.

Seaham_Harbour_17_A3_Crop_Colour_Version.jpg

(Seaham, but you get the drift)

Can ye? I just think fuck this, I need a bacon sandwich. I remember being dragged round the national gallery by me sister and nana when I was about 10, and I resented being there, all I could think about was how the toon were getting on at Watford.

There's an awful lot of pretentious bullshit in art. I think it's also how things are presented.

To your average 10 year old, the National Gallery will be torture. Present the art in a way that engages people and a lot more "ordinary" folk will be in to it.

Art is everywhere though, The Tyne Bridge, posters, record sleeves/ Cd covers.

And no, I don't sit down to piss :(

Guest LeazesLad

Yup, this is very sad, but Ive often passed some of the old peoples bungalows in South shields perched right on the cliff edge with views out over the sea and think that would be a marvellous spot to retire. (Failing loads of cash and somewhere in the south of France of course).

Aye looks like a real photo that at a first glance. Nice picture tainted by location though.

If I had a few grand to commission a painting and justifiably afford it. I'd get someone good to go to Bamburgh. Go to the northern bit of the beach in relation to the castle and paint the crashing waves coming in with a grey sky and the castle on the right. One of my favourite places in the world.

I think most of the stuff in The Baltic is garbage, but I absolutely love the building.

Guest LeazesLad

Can ye? I just think fuck this, I need a bacon sandwich. I remember being dragged round the national gallery by me sister and nana when I was about 10, and I resented being there, all I could think about was how the toon were getting on at Watford.

There's an awful lot of pretentious bullshit in art. I think it's also how things are presented.

To your average 10 year old, the National Gallery will be torture. Present the art in a way that engages people and a lot more "ordinary" folk will be in to it.

Art is everywhere though, The Tyne Bridge, posters, record sleeves/ Cd covers.

And no, I don't sit down to piss :(

Aye maybe like I say I love those moody sky type paintings. Generally though unless it's an artists drawing of a football stadium or a big pair of tits it's not gonna draw my attention. Rocky's son drew a canny painting in Rocky 4 iirc.

Aye looks like a real photo that at a first glance. Nice picture tainted by location though.

If I had a few grand to commission a painting and justifiably afford it. I'd get someone good to go to Bamburgh. Go to the northern bit of the beach in relation to the castle and paint the crashing waves coming in with a grey sky and the castle on the right. One of my favourite places in the world.

Good call. I love the coastline from Craster up to Holy island.

Bamburgh_Castle_Sunset.jpg

Bamburgh_Castle_Sunset_4.jpg

Any good for you?

Well, I can draw. :(

I think most of the stuff in The Baltic is garbage, but I absolutely love the building.

Agreed. Remember the huge red effort they put up when they started doing the Baltic?

Anish Kapoor - the scale of the thing was gobsmacking.

anish-kapoor-TARANTARA-1999.jpg

anishkapoor_big_mid.jpg

Guest LeazesLad

Any good for you?

Not moody enough and I'm not impressed by the detail. Needs to be one of them neets even tramps find somewhere warm to stay. Exactly the right spot. I loved that advert of that very spot nationwide with "Every breath you take" as the song.

Edited by LeazesLad

Any good for you?

F1000003.jpg

Wouldn't be a painting... unless it was the roof of the sistine chapel (with the chapel attached and without the thousands of gawkers).

I'd say a number of building would be classified as art, but they too are impractical. So if it was to be something to go in my house I'd like it to be something that I can look upon from multiple angles so would be leaning toward a sculpture. David wouldn't fit in my house. Venus de Milo would, but isn't that interesting. Quite like the Thinker but it too is too large.

So all said and done I'd have Tutankhamun's Mask. being able to gaze upon something so ancient yet beautiful would be amazing. If I thought about it more I'd probably come up with some alternatives..

Art's a load of shit tbh. I wouldn't take any of these if offered for free, unless i could sell 'um for profit.

Oh, Kevin, you have soooooo much to learn in life. I hope you re-read this thread in 10-20 years time.

I have various classic artworks as my moving wallpaper, but the one picture I am choosing is one I don't have downloaded: Girl With A Pearl Earring - a most majestic painting.

Art's a load of shit tbh. I wouldn't take any of these if offered for free, unless i could sell 'um for profit.

Oh, Kevin, you have soooooo much to learn in life. I hope you re-read this thread in 10-20 years time.

I have various classic artworks as my moving wallpaper, but the one picture I am choosing is one I don't have downloaded: Girl With A Pearl Earring - a most majestic painting.

Thought you would have preferred: Girl With A Pearl Necklace.

Me it has to be the Mona Lisa love that Painting

:o Spoken like someone who genuinely can't think of another painting.

This would be mine.

Lowry,_Huddersfield.jpg

It's grotty, it's grimy, but it's real. I've got no art culture in me at all really, which is strange seeing as though my mother was a professional artist, but see this painting by Lowry it tells it's own story to me, as nearly all of his do. They say to me he's just some cunt from the gritty North West of England who liked a pint, he's nee van Gogh but he had a gann. If you look at this picture here, not only did he have a go, he tells a story within his painting look at it. It screams "we're hard working northern cunts who are trying to get by", and he has his own ultra unique style. Give me this anyday than some fuckin elaborate pish with some fuckin naked Italian with his small cock stickin oot pointing. I really like Lowry's work.

Me too, you beat me to it. His paintings don't depress me, they take me to another time and place. They have feeling.

Me it has to be the Mona Lisa love that Painting

:o Spoken like someone who genuinely can't think of another painting.

This would be mine.

Lowry,_Huddersfield.jpg

It's grotty, it's grimy, but it's real. I've got no art culture in me at all really, which is strange seeing as though my mother was a professional artist, but see this painting by Lowry it tells it's own story to me, as nearly all of his do. They say to me he's just some cunt from the gritty North West of England who liked a pint, he's nee van Gogh but he had a gann. If you look at this picture here, not only did he have a go, he tells a story within his painting look at it. It screams "we're hard working northern cunts who are trying to get by", and he has his own ultra unique style. Give me this anyday than some fuckin elaborate pish with some fuckin naked Italian with his small cock stickin oot pointing. I really like Lowry's work.

Spent a lot of time in Gateshead btw. His main muse after Salford as he enjoyed the similarity of the people, apparently.

I realise that's still OOT btw. :(