Cricket World Cup

paulwynuk42NUFC

It's looking like the Aussies might lose their first WC match in 34. 12 years without losing - pretty crazy.

Australia all out for 176, Pakistan on 92-2 with 29 overs left

Edited by JonGoodwyn

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know in the batting powerplay only two fielders are allowed outside the circle. What happens in a bowling powerplay?

They let Murali chuck it.

:jesuswept: It's the same rules isn't it, only the batting side chooses when to take the batting one and vice-versa. Windies getting tonked btw.

During the first 10 overs, Powerplay 1, only two fielders may be outside the fielding circle and at least two must be in catching positions.

Powerplay 2 and Powerplay 3 are five-over spells in which only three fielders may be outside the fielding circle, but there are no requirements about close catchers. They must be taken within the 50-over innings.

The fielding side decides when to take one of these powerplays, and in a rule change introduced in October 2008, the batting side decides when the other powerplay is taken.

BBC

:jesuswept: It's the same rules isn't it, only the batting side chooses when to take the batting one and vice-versa. Windies getting tonked btw.

That's what I thought, but I could see how it could be an advantage to the batting side (only two men on the boundary encourages fours & sixes) but I wasn't sure how the same rule could prove advantageous to the bowling side.

I know in the batting powerplay only two fielders are allowed outside the circle. What happens in a bowling powerplay?

They let Murali chuck it.

And Malinga too. Anything to promote cricket in the third world, eh? (that's my opinion, and goes against all the technical tests the two overcame to 'prove' their legality :jesuswept: )

See that Michael Yardy is coming home suffering from clinical depression. Poor fella. The last thing he needs is someone calling him mentally weak. Apparently Geoffrey Boycott has told him to pull himself together and he's mentally weak. :jesuswept: You have to love Yorkshire sensitivity like. What an absolute tosser.

That's what I thought, but I could see how it could be an advantage to the batting side (only two men on the boundary encourages fours & sixes) but I wasn't sure how the same rule could prove advantageous to the bowling side.

As I understand it, it's not an advantage as such, other than you choose when it happens so you could call it straight after the fall of a wicket or two, i.e. especially when two new batsmen are at the crease, for example.

See that Michael Yardy is coming home suffering from clinical depression. Poor fella. The last thing he needs is someone calling him mentally weak. Apparently Geoffrey Boycott has told him to pull himself together and he's mentally weak. :( You have to love Yorkshire sensitivity like. What an absolute tosser.

Didn't Marcus Trescothick (sic) have a similar problem?

What is it with you fucking poms?

Weak as piss man. :jesuswept:

See that Michael Yardy is coming home suffering from clinical depression. Poor fella. The last thing he needs is someone calling him mentally weak. Apparently Geoffrey Boycott has told him to pull himself together and he's mentally weak. :( You have to love Yorkshire sensitivity like. What an absolute tosser.

Some survey was done, and depression is linked in some parts to intelligence levels. The higher your intelligence the more likely you are to get it. Makes sense when you never hear of a depressed Aussie.

Some survey was done, and depression is linked in some parts to intelligence levels. The higher your intelligence the more likely you are to get it. Makes sense when you never hear of a depressed Aussie.

Probably more to do with the weather tbh. I reckon I might even cave in living over there long term.

Wasn't there some patter about Vaughan knobbbing Trescothick's wife as a sub-plot?

Haven't heard that but Vaughan didn't even go on the tour he came home from did he?

Wasn't there some patter about Vaughan knobbbing Trescothick's wife as a sub-plot?

Haven't heard that but Vaughan didn't even go on the tour he came home from did he?

That's why Trescothick's wanted to get home. :jesuswept:

That's why Trescothick's wanted to get home. :jesuswept:

:( Good point.

Probably more to do with the weather tbh. I reckon I might even cave in living over there long term.

It's offset by the fact English people are much funnier than Aussies, and there's 100 times less chance of your fair skin resulting in skin cancer.