Given the choice would you go back?

Would you swap?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

There really should be an entrance exam.

I said that a long, long time ago. Me doing the questions.

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :lol:

Should be a points system. You need 50% to get in. 10 questions about the toon (3 points for each correct answer). 10 questions about football in general, and a 200 word written statement "why you aren't a mug". To be given a mark out of forty by a panel of five appointed adjudicators.

To be honest, this is Toontastic. So I'd also want a recipe, a film choice and a story about either: breaking up with their girlfriend/wife, shitting, or their cock.

I broke up with a lass because she wouldn't shit on my cock.

Can I have a gold star?

No, Where's the recipe?

Edit wait, not a recipe for the shit!

Edited by The Fish

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :lol:

Should be a points system. You need 50% to get in. 10 questions about the toon (3 points for each correct answer). 10 questions about football in general, and a 200 word written statement "why you aren't a mug". To be given a mark out of forty by a panel of five appointed adjudicators.

Bit unfair like, half the Admin team, myself included wouldnt be allowed on :lol:

I'm a big fan of how ASM writes fuckin' instead of fucking, like it makes him some kind of hard man. "'Ere lad, come on and have a go. Fuckin' pussy!" :lol: I can just see him hunched over the computer, drooling on the keyboard, muttering "Aye, that's it, that's them fuckin' telt" over and over again.

Cue him showing up to hurl invective that he thinks is supremely clever (viz. Gemmil and "alpha male", Leazes and "deluded old fuckwit") at me, probably something involving the word "yank." Like that hasn't been done a few hundred times before on this board, bit like his and Leazes' endless quote pyramids.

I voted for the 2006-2007 squad, but it's a close one. '07 has this season's squad beat comfortably in midfield and in goal, this season's has '07 beat in defence and even discounting Carroll, I don't think they're far off in attack.

Our midfield this year is COMFORTABLY better than the one back then. Not even debatable. We've got the top goalscoring midfielder in the league ffs. I write fuckin' how it's pronounced over here, I couldn't give a fuck about giving you any abuse, I don't care about your opinions on soccer enough to warrant it, because your comments re: the midfield prove that they aren't very clever ones. Run along, sport!

I'm not even counting Ben Arfa because he's played 4 games for us. He may as well not be in the squad at the moment. The likes of Solano (better creatively than anyone we have at the moment), N'Zogbia (better than Jonas), Milner (also better than Jonas; can play in CM), Dyer (attitude issues but still better than our CMs) and yes, even Duff are simply better than Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Routledge, Guthrie and unknown qualities in Gosling, Ireland and HBA (good in his first 4 games - not sure what he'll be like after recovering from injury.) The difference is Tiote, who is far and above anyone similar we had in the '07 team.

So I will actually revise my position to state that '07's midfield was actually not comfortably better than today's, but I maintain that technically it was superior. And if we're talking plainly in terms of ability, I don't think there's any way that today's side could be considered technically better than '07's squad. If we could have the '07 squad with the team ethic and spirit instilled in them by Hughton, that would be optimal.

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :D

Bit unfair like, half the Admin team, myself included wouldnt be allowed on :lol:

:lol: failing to see a down side...

Our club has a maxim: 'Howay the Lads!' The current team actually makes me feel like that means something again and I'm pretty grateful for that tbh.

The situation's far from straightforward due mainly to ownership issues (of the owners own making, and you never know how far that's going to jeopardise things for the team), but give me 2011 over 2007 any day of the week.