Danny Williams Vs Audley Harrison

Jimbo

Could be a cracking fight tonight depending on Williams mentality, if he's up for it it Harrison could be in trouble, I expect Harrison to come through eventually but it could be a struggle.

Either way its good to see a good domestic fight live on council telly at last !

As much as I'm convinced it'll be a truly terrible fight I can't say I'm not excited by seeing the spectacle. The fact that Williams weighed in at 19 stone 6 suggests a one sided contest but I'm sure old Audley can make a meal out of it. I'm predicting a fifth or sixth round stoppage in favour of Harrison. He's a clown but I reckon he'll wipe the floor with Williams tonight.

Jesus you can say that again. One of the worst fights I've ever seen. Two semi-decent rounds in a twelve round contest. Shots thrown at an absolute premium. One cuffing knockdown. Williams lumbering forward throwing nothing, Harrison backing off throwing little non-jabs. For ten rounds people. Ten rounds. Jesus, it was worse than I could ever have imagined. A truly shocking fight.

Let's hope we never have the misfortune of watching either boxer again. The verdict is immaterial, boxing lost tonight. Both fighters and the sport itself. Absolute rubbish.

Jesus you can say that again. One of the worst fights I've ever seen. Two semi-decent rounds in a twelve round contest. Shots thrown at an absolute premium. One cuffing knockdown. Williams lumbering forward throwing nothing, Harrison backing off throwing little non-jabs. For ten rounds people. Ten rounds. Jesus, it was worse than I could ever have imagined. A truly shocking fight.

Let's hope we never have the misfortune of watching either boxer again. The verdict is immaterial, boxing lost tonight. Both fighters and the sport itself. Absolute rubbish.

66585[/snapback]

Too true, it could have been so much better, I'm disapointed at the result, it should have been a draw in my opinion, both boxers showed a total lack of commitment, Williams was very fortunate to have scored that knockdown, it won him the fight, I'm dissapointed for Harrison, I hoped he would win.

I could have chucked the remote at the TV when Williams had Harrison hurt in the 11th and just stood there and let him off the hook, on that display neither deserved the win at all.

Truely crap.

I hoped he would win before the fight but only because I thought he was the man going places. That he had the talent to actually do something at world level. After that performance I'm glad he lost. To be honest I wish both of them could have lost. That would have been the only just result. If they are the best of British heavyweight boxing then we might as well all go home now. After laughing previously at the talentless Matt Skelton I'm afraid to say that on this showing he'd knock them both, yes that's right, into a cocked hat.

The Amir Khan opener wasn't much better. He looked like he was fighting someone two or three weight divisions down. It'll no doubt be four or five years before he fights anyone who could ever possibly hope to even have a miniscule chance of actually beating him. Still, at least he shows promise, although his complete lack of defense is at this stage a slight worry. There's no chance he'll be pitted against anything other than part-timers until they sort that out.

amir khan put them both to shame, he weighs less than harrisons leg and knocked his man down 3 times in 2 rounds. reminds me, did anyone see fatty nazeem claiming hes going for a comeback! id fight that fat bastard now!

66700[/snapback]

Naseem now looks like an asian Shaun Rider with those chins.

The fight was a pile of shit like- Williams doesn't have the ability and Harrison doesn't have the aggression. As someone has said they should both jack it in.

To think I left the pub early to watch that shower of shit. What a contest eh? Harrison has no heart and Williams is lacking in the talent department.

What a pair of cunts, and they call themselves fighters!

It was a farce, Harrison looks scared shitless of getting hit and Williams has no idea of how to finish a bloke off when he's on top. The 2 of them are a disgrace to the profession.

I fell asleep in the 9th round and missed the last few rounds where apparently some punches were actually thrown, I'm not convinced like!

It was a farce, Harrison looks scared shitless of getting hit and Williams has no idea of how to finish a bloke off when he's on top. The 2 of them are a disgrace to the profession.

I fell asleep in the 9th round and missed the last few rounds where apparently some punches were actually thrown, I'm not convinced like!

66954[/snapback]

The last three rounds were the best of the fight by a mile with some decent action. That said, virtually anything would have been an improvement on what went beforehand.

66954[/snapback]

The last three rounds were the best of the fight by a mile with some decent action. That said, virtually anything would have been an improvement on what went beforehand.

66956[/snapback]

True, i wasn't too impressed wiith the Khan fight either, although i'm not doubting Khan's class and ability, it makes a mockery of the sport when such fighters are pitched against useless nobodies. It would be like me fighting Wacky ffs! My reach advantage for a start would be ridiculous! :lol:

Edited by Smooth Operator

Worst fight (from a spectator POV) I ever saw was the Prince Naseem fight which preceeded the Bruno/Tyson fight back in 1996.

Sky had been billing it as "a fantastic night of boxing" and that we'd be entertained in the run up to the big fight by Hamed.

The bell rang, Naz ran over to the bloke, landed a punch on his chin, the bloke hit the deck and didn't get back up! All over!!

You could tell that Sky had thought of no contingency should that happen and in the end had a shit-load of very pissed customers who had paid for one of the first PPV sporting events.

True, i wasn't too impressed wiith the Khan fight either, although i'm not doubting Khan's class and ability, it makes a mockery of the sport when such fighters are pitched against useless nobodies. It would be like me fighting Wacky ffs! My reach advantage for a start would be ridiculous!  :lol:

66958[/snapback]

And your weight advantage

:lol:

Oh i forget you used to fancy yourself as a contender, what was your fighting name? Kid Candle :lol:

True, i wasn't too impressed wiith the Khan fight either, although i'm not doubting Khan's class and ability, it makes a mockery of the sport when such fighters are pitched against useless nobodies. It would be like me fighting Wacky ffs! My reach advantage for a start would be ridiculous!  :lol:

66958[/snapback]

Oh i forget you used to fancy yourself as a contender, what was your fighting name? Kid Candle :lol:

67062[/snapback]

I might hold a stone over you tops, all the more force to pack into my punches.

I dabbled a bit back in the day with boxing, i was a classy southpaw. I stopped for a few reasons, firstly my nose was getting out of shape and being a ladies man i couldn't have that, it's still not straight now but i had to stop before it got any worse and secondly i had to decide between football and boxing and it wasn't a hard decision tbh.

66958[/snapback]

Oh i forget you used to fancy yourself as a contender, what was your fighting name? Kid Candle ;)

67062[/snapback]

I might hold a stone over you tops, all the more force to pack into my punches.

I dabbled a bit back in the day with boxing, i was a classy southpaw. I stopped for a few reasons, firstly my nose was getting out of shape and being a ladies man i couldn't have that, it's still not straight now but i had to stop before it got any worse and secondly i had to decide between football and boxing and it wasn't a hard decision tbh.

67180[/snapback]

More like you rapped because you were appropriately named after one fight, Kid candle, one blow and he's out