13 Aston Villa 12 13

14 Stoke City 10 12

15 Wolverhampton Wndrs 10 12

16 Birmingham City 10 12

17 Wigan Athletic 11 12

18 Blackburn Rovers 11 11

19 Blackpool 11 10

20 West Bromwich Albion 10 5

Not bad having taken over in 13th place.

better than expected. i'll give him that.

tbf though, this is still hughton's team. the real test for pardew is the kind of players he brings in over the summer and whether the team spirit can be carried on into next season.

i'm not optimistic it'll be a good summer for incomings and outgoings but pardew knew that he'd be working under these constraints when he took the job. the real test for him comes next season. can he persuade ashley to invest a bit? or, if he's working on a shoe string, can he work a bit of magic in the transfer window and get in the right kind of player?

all to prove imo

tbf though, this is still hughton's team. the real test for pardew is the kind of players he brings in over the summer and whether the team spirit can be carried on into next season.

i'm not optimistic it'll be a good summer for incomings and outgoings but pardew knew that he'd be working under these constraints when he took the job. the real test for him comes next season. can he persuade ashley to invest a bit? or, if he's working on a shoe string, can he work a bit of magic in the transfer window and get in the right kind of player?

all to prove imo

You are well named.

Can we not just enjoy this, so far so good, season whilst its happening, next summer/season will take care of itself.

Personally i think he is doing a pretty good job. You can argue it is CH's team and it is but he has made his own stamp on it. We are at times looking a better "footballing side" and we seem to be playing with a bit more freedom than we did under CH.

I for one like what he has to say as well.

Like people have said, his big test will be what he does over the summer with regards to transfers.

We need at least 5 new faces imo. Cover for LB and RB, either a creative CM or and productive RM depending on where we will use Barton next year. Personally i'd continue to use Barton out wide, thats where he's played his best football. We then need two new strikers.

We HAVE to spend at least 30mil in the summer.

Suggestions on players for those postions?

RB...Gunter?

LB...Mattock?

CM...Tarrabt

ST's....Derdiyok and who?

If we brought those in and didnt sell anyone of importance then id be quite happy tbh.

---Krul---

---Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Barton---Tarrabt---Tiote---Jonas---

---Derdiyok---Vuckic---

Id like that.

The late bids after we signed Carroll worried me greatly. N'Zogbia? :lol: I can't even remember some of the others. The consensus on here seems to be they were fake bids, the whole thing baffles me tbh. Why fake those bids? I believe MA could very well be a stupid man, but to believe a bid for N'Zogbia would placate the fans after selling Carroll would take an incredible lack of logic and brainpower, beyond even him imo.

If we lose the core of this squad and bring in the likes of N'Zogbia (there's 12 mill gone from the transfer kitty already), we will be absolutely fucked. If we can retain the core and spend 20 mill + on some first team players, we can improve, even with Rapedoo. This is stating the obvious really, I am willing to suspend belief and hope we will do this in the summer, because thoughts to the contrary make me despair.

Currently Rapedoo has exceeded my expectations, I thought he would be fucking woeful. He deserves credit for the 4-4 and the level of performances when we could have easily broken mentally after the affairs at the club. This squad has bonded under Hughton and has a strong spirit now, credit to Nolan et al for that, but if Rapedoo was that bad he could have destroyed this spirit, Souness did this albeit with a weaker and less professional bunch of players. Praise to him for keeping us going and seeing us to safety now (I believe we're safe now, bar a bizarre end to the season)

Personally i think he is doing a pretty good job. You can argue it is CH's team and it is but he has made his own stamp on it. We are at times looking a better "footballing side" and we seem to be playing with a bit more freedom than we did under CH.

Like people have said, his big test will be what he does over the summer with regards to transfers.

We need at least 5 new faces imo. Cover for LB and RB, either a creative CM or and productive RM depending on where we will use Barton next year. Personally i'd continue to use Barton out wide, thats where he's played his best football. We then need two new strikers.

RB...Gunter?

LB...Mattock?

CM...Tarrabt

If we brought those in and didnt sell anyone of importance then id be quite happy tbh.

---Krul---

---Derdiyok---Vuckic---

Id like that.

Jesus sobbed

RB...Gunter?

LB...Mattock?

CM...Tarrabt

---Krul---

---Derdiyok---Vuckic---

Id like that.

Jesus sobbed

Hatem Ben Arfa too.

I forgot about Ben Arfa haha :icon_lol:

Him in place for Vuckic...id just like to see him get a chance.

And aye Krul...he's better than Harper you mongoloid.

No he's not :D

I think Krul is failing to live up to his potential, doesn't the GK coach want rid of him or something?

I forgot about Ben Arfa haha :D

Gosling should be back soon too, non?

Decent piece in the Times today. Reckons we are interested in Connor Whickham.

all to prove imo

You are well named.

Can we not just enjoy this, so far so good, season whilst its happening, next summer/season will take care of itself.

i don't think that's a particularly gloomy response. pardew's done a decent job so far. i expected a deterioration after hughton left. the players didn't want him out, but tbf the spirit is still intact, despite carroll going even, so pardew does deserve some credit for that - they obvioulsy don't hate him, or blame him for ashley needlesly sacking hughton.

nontheless it is blatantly still hughton's side. formation is the same and he's using the players in exactly the same positions. he hasn't changed anything so far that i can see. the real test of pardew as a manger will come when he has to make some real decisions.

fwiw, i have enjoyed this season. it's been the most fun for some time but that wasn't what the thread was asking was it?

No offence intended Tiotez nuts but you're a bit of a numbskull, aren't you? Fucking Vuckic and Krul :D Fack off.

:icon_lol:

tbf kevin, you've upped your level of craic recently haven't you

I forgot about Ben Arfa haha :D

Krul is better than Harper, sure he tells himself that after Harps keeps another clean sheet. Like fuck is he better

We need a new goalie.

I would say a winger, a couple of strikers and full back cover is more pressing. Reckon we can get another season out of Harper and the kid at Celtic is doing well. Loan him out for another season then have him back here as number 1