New Radiohead album out this Saturday

dbsweeney

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No band has still been producing the goods after that long have they?

Radiohead...

On my third listen now and I do like the album. But nothing has surprised me...apart from how much certain songs call back to previous albums. Perhaps they only needed to push boundaries so far to find their niche and they're happy with it. But aye, they are probably the band with the more respectable longevity than any other.

What were other stadium bands doing 18 years after their debut....

The Stones - Undercover :lol:

U2 - Pop :lol:

Genesis - Invisible Touch :o

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut ;)

The Who - It's Hard :blush:

No band has still been producing the goods after that long have they?

Radiohead...

On my third listen now and I do like the album. But nothing has surprised me...apart from how much certain songs call back to previous albums. Perhaps they only needed to push boundaries so far to find their niche and they're happy with it. But aye, they are probably the band with the more respectable longevity than any other.

The Stones - Undercover :lol:

Genesis - Invisible Touch :o

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut ;)

The Who - It's Hard :blush:

Bowie had Let's Dance about 17/18 years after his debut and that's a pretty good album.

Well Park Life, the surprising thing was I was only smoking a bit of leftover tac, as I was rummaging through an old cigarette box and found some in there to save the day.

Although it was probably mixed with a load of plastic, which could explain why I liked the album at the time. :lol:

Apart from one or two tracks I find Pop pretty much unlistenable as a U2 fan but at the same time you can't exactly say it showed no change of direction from their early stuff.

I think it was you who also said Kid A sounded like the future of rock - I may have a narrow definition which I fully admit to but I don't see how any album with virtually no guitar on it can be described as rock of any kind.

Apart from one or two tracks I find Pop pretty much unlistenable as a U2 fan but at the same time you can't exactly say it showed no change of direction from their early stuff.

I think it was you who also said Kid A sounded like the future of rock - I may have a narrow definition which I fully admit to but I don't see how any album with virtually no guitar on it can be described as rock of any kind.

kid a has optimistic and the national anthem on to name 2. They rock the house down.

kid a has optimistic and the national anthem on to name 2. They rock the house down.

and Idioteque.......