3 months salary

tooner

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Gemmill I'm touched! I don't get on here much anymore mainly due to a busy new job with IT restrictions (unlike my old doss of a job) by the time i get home on a night I rarely go on the laptop. Not logged on for ages tbh, had a good laugh in the Gold section last night, I'd forgotten all about the Hitzfeld hoax!

Hope you're doing well mate. I don't think anyone has ever thought I'd died before, I trust you went into mourning.

Oh aye, Argos are renowned for selling the best diamonds on the market ;)

The moral of the story is, don't ask the sad sacks on here for any real world advice involving ladies

:) Come on then ladies man, how many women you shagged and how many long term relationships?

3 long term relationships including the wife

Simpsons_Ladies_Man_Brown_Shirt.jpg

Edited by ChezGiven

I proposed to my girlfriend just before Xmas. We're buying a house and need a deposit by March so all our available cash is going on that. I proposes without a ring and we bought a 'token' £100 ring for her to wear in the short term until we get the house sorted. She's getting quite attached to the cheap ring now though so might save a few quid after all!

I did they same for Mrs W 30 odd years ago and she won't change it... thank God!!

The moral of the story is, don't ask the sad sacks on here for any real world advice involving ladies

thank you. FWIW, I also [for once] agree with what RobW says in the post below this one I've quoted.

I proposed to my girlfriend just before Xmas. We're buying a house and need a deposit by March so all our available cash is going on that. I proposes without a ring and we bought a 'token' £100 ring for her to wear in the short term until we get the house sorted. She's getting quite attached to the cheap ring now though so might save a few quid after all!

congratulations. Sounds good, what counts is what the ring signifies.

Edited by LeazesMag

I spent one moths wages. Bought it online and it came with an independant authentication and valuation of £4,400.

Remenber to read up on it, remember the 4cs.

Cut, Carrat, Clarity and colour.

The same rings on the high street were massively more expensive.

Vodafone pay their call centre workers £50k+ a year? ;)

:) Come on then ladies man, how many women you shagged and how many long term relationships?

3 long term relationships including the wife

Simpsons_Ladies_Man_Brown_Shirt.jpg

:lol:

Don't be dissing the Swordsman of CLS.

I spent one moths wages. Bought it online and it came with an independant authentication and valuation of £4,400.

Remenber to read up on it, remember the 4cs.

Cut, Carrat, Clarity and colour.

The same rings on the high street were massively more expensive.

Vodafone pay their call centre workers £50k+ a year? :)

HA! no from what i've seen, the valuation is usually double what they want you to pay DDB probably spent 1/3 -1/2 of 4400. Seems rather dodgy to me, i went out "looking" the other day and came away feeling that jewelery sales people may be worse than used car sales people.

Only a f*cking pr*ck would go above more than a months wage. What does it prove? F*ck all and the hoare will just f*ck you up in the divorce courts eventually and you'll be wishing that money back or that you hadn't spent it on her in the first place. If you have that kind of money to spend then you are a lunatic (unless you are a cleaner on less than the minimum wage and works less than 3 hours per week in which case yeah, go for it).

Well said that man

• 2 months later...

ok ring sorted, gonna pop the question this weekend. one more question though, should i be asking her dad for his permission to marry his daughter? is that an antiquated bit of hoop jumpery or a serious consideration? how many of you did this before proposing?

i'm nervous as fuck even though i know she'll say yes, so i'm over thinking this ....

Ring him and just tell him you're going to ask her and then make a joke out of you needing his permission. Then say you just wanted to let him know. He'll appreciate that i reckon.

thats what I figured (and planned). he's a fairly traditional kinda guy so i figured he'd appreciate it...cheers

Good luck btw. Obviously you'll need your phone handy at the time to let us all know how it goes. :lol:

cheers....you'll have to wait till I'm back in cell service range. going to a remote secluded natural hotspring, hope the snow is gone from there as it is north facing and the hike in could be significantly more arduous if it isn't.

ok ring sorted, gonna pop the question this weekend. one more question though, should i be asking her dad for his permission to marry his daughter? is that an antiquated bit of hoop jumpery or a serious consideration? how many of you did this before proposing?

i'm nervous as fuck even though i know she'll say yes, so i'm over thinking this ....

its a nice touch, I did it, go ahead and do it. When my daughter decides to get married, I'd like whoever its going to be to ask me.

Edit. I would ask her first though, then probably tell her you want to ask her dad......not sure I did this, but I can't imagine asking her dad first then she says no ! And it might piss her off if you sort of took her answer for granted too.

Edited by LeazesMag

Good luck btw. Obviously you'll need your phone handy at the time to let us all know how it goes. :lol:

cheers....you'll have to wait till I'm back in cell service range. going to a remote secluded natural hotspring, hope the snow is gone from there as it is north facing and the hike in could be significantly more arduous if it isn't.

It'll be a fucking sight more arduous coming back if she says no.

:D

Best of luck mate, hope it all goes well. :D

its a nice touch, I did it, go ahead and do it. When my daughter decides to get married, I'd like whoever its going to be to ask me.

Edit. I would ask her first though, then probably tell her you want to ask her dad......not sure I did this, but I can't imagine asking her dad first then she says no ! And it might piss her off if you sort of took her answer for granted too.

fair enough but how do i keep it a 'surprise' and do all that, to me the surprise factor out weighs the uncertainty factor. i figure its all in the question asked, not for permission to propose, but rather for his blessing/best wishes for me to propose. that way the answer is not assumed.

cheers for the input

Good luck btw. Obviously you'll need your phone handy at the time to let us all know how it goes. :D

It'll be a fucking sight more arduous coming back if she says no.

:icon_lol:

Best of luck mate, hope it all goes well. :icon_lol:

:lol: ....fucker! no kidding, i've thought of that already....which is to say i've chosen to ignore that possibility, but thanks for reminding me.

if she says no, i'll send her back to the truck on her own and drink the bottle of bubbly myself before returning..... :D