Victims of own success

KeithJ

I hardly dare comment on these things now but Tiote did say he didnt want to move to a big city and wanted somewhere quiet to live, he felt Newcastle was perfect for him as a person which is why he chose to live here.I also think people put far too much weight on the words that Carroll's agent put into his mouth.

Agent putting words in his mouth tbh. :icon_lol:

Shout me down if you think I'm wrong or out of line but here's how I see it. I know FCB is a cunt and can't be trusted but I'd still expect;

Other clubs chasing our players now know it'll take alot of money to take our players as we're not 'skint' after the sale of Carroll.

Tiote'll only get better and Pardew'll know his value's far in excess of the aforementioned 12 million.

Tiote is enjoying his football here, as he's said and it's not often a top player only stays at a club for a season. I'll go on record now to say he'll not go in the summer. Don't want to sound like CT on Carroll but it's a totally different situation.

Enrique WILL NOT go to Manchester United. They have Patrice Evra who's slightly more a complete player.

Enrique'll generate interest worldwide as he's soo good, that's obvious of any player.

He won't be sold in the summer and will sign an extension to his contract.

Or, Ashley'll sell them with the funds to be 'invested' in the january window.

Well, I'm more confident that Tiote will stay now that you're on record. Just like I was confident that Carroll would stay when Pardew was adamant he was not for sale.

As I said before, when money talks, the FCB is all ears. End of story.

At least two of the 'big four' to be sold in the Summer.

Tiote is a certainty. Has the athleticism & engine to play box-to-box, and as seen on the week-end [when the shackles are released] he can provide an attacking presence around the box - such is technique on the ball, which is very sound.

Likewise Collocini. Kinnear's brand of anti-football destroyed him, he's a ball-playing centrehalf in the mould of Cavalahro, although not as good. With two years left on his contract it's the last chance for Ashley to cash in, and by that i mean to recoup something around the mark of our original outlay. Getting his weekly wages off the books [under our highly restrictive wage ceiling] will be a priority for the club's brainstrust. I expect him to be touted heavily.

Enrique and Jonas are also possibilities, particularly the former obvious reasons. Despite his failings Jonas would be a big asset in a Serie A outfit, where his there isn't such a great reliance on wingers/attacking fullbacks being able to bomb forward & consistenstly hit the centrehalf with a cross. It more about elaborate passing exchanges & build-play, drawing fouls in attacking positions, & possession retention.

Factor in Collocini & Enrique's acclimatisation to the top flight [this season, and the exposure received] and the emergence of Tiote, the current campaign has played out as an excellent display window opportunity for a regime whose motto is to 'purchase players with resale value, improve them & move them on for a profit' - especially pertinant in the case of the later two mentioned ie. Enrique & Tiote.

Guest Your Name Here

Jose, Colo and Jonas - all three are nearing (or in Jose’s case at) a point in their contract where their resale value will start to fall rapidly. If we don’t offer them the kind of money they can get elsewhere they’ll all be gone within 18 months.

Unless the club has significant rethink on the wages front I can’t see Tiote or Jose being here next season.