Victims of own success

KeithJ

Looks like Fergie lining up Enrique for Manure for £12mil and Tiote for a similar amount. Amazing to think when we arrived here in August they said we were a crap, newly promoted team. Now we have a team that the big four seem to be scouting on a regular basis. It would not surprise me if Nolan and Barton are being scouted by those chasing the big four.

I can't see how Enrique will resist Manure, sure we have a great team spirit and he seems happy at Newcastle however the lad will know in his heart that he will have a better chance of playing for Spain who are the world champions if he goes to them! Carroll was a born and bred Geordie! We would all love to play for the shirt and emulate Shearer like he did and look what happened! 80k a week and he is off chasing Liverpool whilst saying It wasn't his choice bullshit!

I just wonder who will go in the summer!

I personally think if Jonas is getting as much interest from Lazio then Enrique may follow. Jonas I am not so bothered about as we have that French boy lined up but Enrique will be hard to replace! Not Many good left backs on the world far less the uk!

Guest Your Name Here

The scary thing about this kind of speculation is players like Enrique and Tiote make those around them look better than they are.

We're fucking victims of mike ashley now fuck off you daft cunt. Victims of our success for fuck sake, what fucking success?!

Yoinks. I think you need anger management counselling Kevin ;)

Looks like Fergie lining up Enrique for Manure for £12mil and Tiote for a similar amount. Amazing to think when we arrived here in August they said we were a crap, newly promoted team. Now we have a team that the big four seem to be scouting on a regular basis. It would not surprise me if Nolan and Barton are being scouted by those chasing the big four.

I can't see how Enrique will resist Manure, sure we have a great team spirit and he seems happy at Newcastle however the lad will know in his heart that he will have a better chance of playing for Spain who are the world champions if he goes to them! Carroll was a born and bred Geordie! We would all love to play for the shirt and emulate Shearer like he did and look what happened! 80k a week and he is off chasing Liverpool whilst saying It wasn't his choice bullshit!

I just wonder who will go in the summer!

I personally think if Jonas is getting as much interest from Lazio then Enrique may follow. Jonas I am not so bothered about as we have that French boy lined up but Enrique will be hard to replace! Not Many good left backs on the world far less the uk!

According to caughtoffside.com? You'd be better off reading tea leaves. Not sure why Man U would want Enrique when they already have Evra like.

I don't doubt for a moment that bigger clubs will be in for our class players though.

The FCB is doing exactly what he said he'd do. Develop or buy low and sell on for a nice profit that goes into his back pocket. He's never said he's here to build a team to challenge the big clubs. TBH, he's no different to any owner we've had, apart from Hall and Shepherd, in all my time watching Newcastle.

In the past we were getting fucked by our own. It seems worse now that its a bunch of cockney twats doing it.

What Im saying is that FCB and Wise said that the strategy was to develop players and sell them on. I'd say that he succeeded with Carroll which was the first big opportunity that he had. We'll see what happens down the line but I'd guess that if he had further bids on the likes of Tiote that represent his idea of an acceptable profit he'll do the deal.

I don't see anything that suggests he wants to build a team. Do you?

To the guy with kids in his pic - kitman! No, I am newcastle fan. Been to the gallowgate many a time. Big clubs are interested in our players, it's a forum! Discuss!

Kevin - at the begining of this season we were expected to struggle and be nothing more than the whipping boys. We have picked up some very credible results against arsenal, villa, mackems, chelsea and Liverpool! At least we have exceeded all expectations! If we had held results against Sunderland and spurs along with rightfully getting three points against man city last year we would be talking europe!

Caught offside arent the only ones to quote this. Chronicle have quoted it along with AC Milan being interested in Enrique!

French guy was to replace Jonas! Syvian marveaux or however you spell it!

Edited by KeithJ

There's a school of thought that says £35m is a club changing amount of money. 2 or 3 class players coming in to the team would 'almost' make the sale worthwhile. If we see our best players leaving in the summer then all bets are off. We may as well start watching water polo until someone shoots the fat man.

Shout me down if you think I'm wrong or out of line but here's how I see it. I know FCB is a cunt and can't be trusted but I'd still expect;

Other clubs chasing our players now know it'll take alot of money to take our players as we're not 'skint' after the sale of Carroll.

Tiote'll only get better and Pardew'll know his value's far in excess of the aforementioned 12 million.

Tiote is enjoying his football here, as he's said and it's not often a top player only stays at a club for a season. I'll go on record now to say he'll not go in the summer. Don't want to sound like CT on Carroll but it's a totally different situation.

Enrique WILL NOT go to Manchester United. They have Patrice Evra who's slightly more a complete player.

Enrique'll generate interest worldwide as he's soo good, that's obvious of any player.

He won't be sold in the summer and will sign an extension to his contract.

Or, Ashley'll sell them with the funds to be 'invested' in the january window.

Shout me down if you think I'm wrong or out of line but here's how I see it. I know FCB is a cunt and can't be trusted but I'd still expect;

Other clubs chasing our players now know it'll take alot of money to take our players as we're not 'skint' after the sale of Carroll.

Tiote'll only get better and Pardew'll know his value's far in excess of the aforementioned 12 million.

Tiote is enjoying his football here, as he's said and it's not often a top player only stays at a club for a season. I'll go on record now to say he'll not go in the summer. Don't want to sound like CT on Carroll but it's a totally different situation.

Enrique WILL NOT go to Manchester United. They have Patrice Evra who's slightly more a complete player.

Enrique'll generate interest worldwide as he's soo good, that's obvious of any player.

He won't be sold in the summer and will sign an extension to his contract.

Or, Ashley'll sell them with the funds to be 'invested' in the january window.

With the (very notable) exception of Shay Given, I will give the Lardash credit for always getting top dollar when he flogs off our best players. Its just a pity the only thing it benefits is the balance sheet

I'd be very surprised if Tiote's still here when the next window closes, there's a marker down now that we haven't got the ambition to hang on to our best players . Enrique would come into that category as well. Get used to it lads.

precisely.

I hardly dare comment on these things now but Tiote did say he didnt want to move to a big city and wanted somewhere quiet to live, he felt Newcastle was perfect for him as a person which is why he chose to live here.

I also think people put far too much weight on the words that Carroll's agent put into his mouth.