Restaurant recommendation urgently needed

ajax_andy

Paradiso is reasonable

Example lunch menu

Cheers for the suggestions, not sure about Paradiso for this occasion but might check it out in future as looks good.

Should have said italian isn't good as I cant eat cheese so other suggestion is out but thanks anyway.

Anyone been to Noosh or Landmark before?

Landmark is lovely and has some very different curtain draped booths to eat in that will make her feel really special.

Virtual tour here

Sounds nice and she loves Chinese so might be a good option

http://www.landmarkoriental.co.uk/index.asp?textpage=home

I would of recommended Santanas as was cheap good food and massive portions but it was shut when I went past last week and I have never seen it shut usually full to the brim every night. Can't of gone bust maybe they have gone on holiday or retired or summit. Any1 know? I used to love that place

I would of recommended Santanas as was cheap good food and massive portions but it was shut when I went past last week and I have never seen it shut usually full to the brim every night. Can't of gone bust maybe they have gone on holiday or retired or summit. Any1 know? I used to love that place

Thats a shame... never been, where is it and what type of food?

Picalinos just up from the Silk Rooms (which I think is poor)

tell them Fat Al sent you and you will be treated like a king

Had a look on-line and it looks nice!

Italian is no good for me though unfortunately as can't eat dairy... so really limits what I can have to pretty much nothing :lol:

It's an Italian on Jesmond Road just near the punchbowl if you know it. Menu is still available online and is dirt cheap pizzas are like £4.95 and like I say, if it is open would highly reccommend it but I fear it may not be :lol:

It's an Italian on Jesmond Road just near the punchbowl if you know it. Menu is still available online and is dirt cheap pizzas are like £4.95 and like I say, if it is open would highly reccommend it but I fear it may not be :lol:

Shame when good restaurants bite the dust! :-(

Right i've settled on Landmark and booked a table.

Cheers for all the suggestions... can we maybe keep this thread going with restaurant recommendations so other people can use it if stuck for some place to eat?

I would highly recommend

Little Saigon (been for her b'day before which is only reason I havent booked it this time)

El Coto (unless its busy and then its chaos!)

We went to go there a couple of days ago and they're refurbishing the place according to the sign on the door.