Restaurant recommendation urgently needed

ajax_andy

Taking the wife out for lunch as a surprise for her birthday and need suggestions on good restaurants.

Had planned to take her to The Silk Rooms (2 courses £12 each) but they aren't open on that day.

Need somewhere cool and a bit swish looking but doesn't cost an arm and a leg as taking her on a shopping trip & then to see John Bishop at the arena so finances are a bit tight

If you like tapas, El Coto is decent.

They do a fixed price menu too.

Aye love el coto but we went there on Saturday with a load of friends (yeah she's totaly milking it lol)

Actually had a shite night there which is unusual but no food, wrong food and angry rude managers don't equal a good night

Paradiso is reasonable

Example lunch menu

Cheers for the suggestions, not sure about Paradiso for this occasion but might check it out in future as looks good.

Should have said italian isn't good as I cant eat cheese so other suggestion is out but thanks anyway.

Anyone been to Noosh or Landmark before?

Blackfriars is good, nice ambiance and cracking food. Service can be hitty miss. I like the place. I wouldnt class it as reasonable though, can be pricey.

Nudos is good, wouldnt call it "swish" or owt. Great food though and reasonable.

Landmark is ok. Nicely done out inside especially at the back if you ask for a curtained table. Prob the best fit out of all the stowell st places.

Fuji-yama is good, again not really up market but excellent food and I like the whole cooking in front of you thing. But, you could end up sharing a table with a random couple.

Paradiso is reasonable

Example lunch menu

Cheers for the suggestions, not sure about Paradiso for this occasion but might check it out in future as looks good.

Should have said italian isn't good as I cant eat cheese so other suggestion is out but thanks anyway.

Anyone been to Noosh or Landmark before?

Landmark is lovely and has some very different curtain draped booths to eat in that will make her feel really special.

Virtual tour here

http://www.landmarkoriental.co.uk/index.asp?textpage=home

Edited by Christmas Tree

Best Indian restaurant in town anyone ?

Going out on Fri and was thinking Sachins (went few years ago and was excellent) More recent reviews online bit iffy ? - same with Vujons ? (It's a step up from Rupali/Kohi-Nor kinda night out by the way :lol: )

Ravel.

Best Indian restaurant in town anyone ?

Going out on Fri and was thinking Sachins (went few years ago and was excellent) More recent reviews online bit iffy ? - same with Vujons ? (It's a step up from Rupali/Kohi-Nor kinda night out by the way :lol: )

Ravel.

Raval it is then - cheers man

Three suggestions and you've knocked em all back!

monkey-shaking-head.gif

I give up!

:lol:

Haha sorry all good suggestions tbh... Turns out she loves paradiso and her boss is taking her for lunch there on Friday... So shows how much I know lol :lol:

Blackfriars is good, nice ambiance and cracking food. Service can be hitty miss. I like the place. I wouldnt class it as reasonable though, can be pricey.

Nudos is good, wouldnt call it "swish" or owt. Great food though and reasonable.

Landmark is ok. Nicely done out inside especially at the back if you ask for a curtained table. Prob the best fit out of all the stowell st places.

Fuji-yama is good, again not really up market but excellent food and I like the whole cooking in front of you thing. But, you could end up sharing a table with a random couple.

Cool, i heard the portion sizes are pretty small in blackfriars though?

I'm a bit of a gluten so need to have a decent sized plate of scran lol

Or have I been mis-informed?

Is Nudos the one opposite Bangkok cafe? Had a lush meal in there once, but then 2 shockingly bad ones so never been back. Really liked it the 1st time and its got nice decor inside