Grim Destinations

Mac-Toon

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
there are views along the mate (Edit I've put mate a meant mate) through Port Glasgow and Greenock which are some of the best in the UK.

Those views will be of where I stay :lol:

Do you live near that mad bump? It looks like a mini volcano which though fuck it. I believe it's near Dumbarton's ground. Can dee it for miles.

I've put mate again in my edit for fuck sake I meant mate

It's saying mate again oh dear M 8

Aye I am originally from Helensburgh but now live in the wee village (Cardross) between Helensburgh and Dumbarton.

Canny. Just a wee trip up the road and you're at Loch Lomond, love it up there like. A wee bit braw in winter I'd imagine. Do all your mates slag Newcastle off as a "wee diddy team wae heed eh baw fans"?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great. Room was spot on. The breakfasts were quality. We ate at that Martin Wishart restaurant one night, which was nice but the staff were dead snotty.

Apart from that we ate at the boat house place or away from the hotel. We went to the spa thing over the other side of the loch too. Can't remember what it's called, but it's linked to Cameron House. That was canny too.

St. Helens

Derby

Hull

Stockton

Keighley

Grimsby

Doncaster

Huyton

Blackpool

Milford Haven

Staines

Harlow

Chatham / Strood / Gillingham (all the Medway towns except Rochester really)

are the worst UK towns I can recall visiting. I'm sure I think of more though

there are views along the mate (Edit I've put mate a meant mate) through Port Glasgow and Greenock which are some of the best in the UK.

Those views will be of where I stay :lol:

Do you live near that mad bump? It looks like a mini volcano which though fuck it. I believe it's near Dumbarton's ground. Can dee it for miles.

Aye I am originally from Helensburgh but now live in the wee village (Cardross) between Helensburgh and Dumbarton.

Canny. Just a wee trip up the road and you're at Loch Lomond, love it up there like. A wee bit braw in winter I'd imagine. Do all your mates slag Newcastle off as a "wee diddy team wae heed eh baw fans"?

Nah mate but thats because we don't talk like that in Helensburgh etc :icon_lol: Have you not seen the offence I take when anyway refers to us as weegies, Helensburgh is as far away from Glasgow as Edinburgh is.

It was great. Room was spot on. The breakfasts were quality. We ate at that Martin Wishart restaurant one night, which was nice but the staff were dead snotty.

Apart from that we ate at the boat house place or away from the hotel. We went to the spa thing over the other side of the loch too. Can't remember what it's called, but it's linked to Cameron House. That was canny too.

The Carrick, they spent a fortune on that place and I dont think its making the money they expected it to resulting in my monthly costs for the gym getting increased what seems to be every other month. We get a discount because of the in laws but even with that its still ridiculous money.

Those views will be of where I stay :icon_lol:

Nah mate but thats because we don't talk like that in Helensburgh etc :) Have you not seen the offence I take when anyway refers to us as weegies, Helensburgh is as far away from Glasgow as Edinburgh is.

:lol: Nar it's not it's less than half the distance, and Dumbarton is even closer. I've got a candidate fae Old Kirkpatrick and he speaks like Barry Ferguson, so he does.

Why does Helensburgh not have a team? Looks a bigger place than many who have league sides.

The Carrick, they spent a fortune on that place and I dont think its making the money they expected it to resulting in my monthly costs for the gym getting increased what seems to be every other month. We get a discount because of the in laws but even with that its still ridiculous money.

That's the place. There wasn't many there when I was there. First time I've been to a spa. Lots of mincing about in robes. They had an infinity pool on the roof though, which was canny.

I'll tell you where was more weird than grim. Fort William. It had a real end-of-the-line feeling about it. It had an Intersport and a Victoria Wine on the main street.

It was as if word hadn't reached them yet that these places had shut down, so the staff just kept turning up.

Aye the otherside of the water from where I stayed was beautiful like. Mountain views which we don't have in toon but you can only stare at snowy hills for so long. I'm sure someone said it's called 'hellsbrough'. Maybe it was hillsbrough and I couldn't work out the accent.

I've only been to Middlesbrough proper twice, once to Stockton but didn't really see the scenary and once to an industrial site road in the middle of nowhere as my mate down there wanted to show me all the hookers. Awful place but didn't really see much of it.

Newcastle was pretty hanging when I was cockheight but it's immense now. I know nobody who dislikes it.

Helensburgh that is. Do you not get the impression with them over in the west coast of Scotland that insulting people is part of the culture. It's almost like they're taught from a young age they're taught to end sentences with an insult. They don't want a fight or anything just how they are. "That's wit a wis tellin ye ya daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft cunt :lol:" and "wit street ye lookin fir ya wee prick?"

Me Ex is from Loch Lomond and even she used to say "cunt" more often than not when insulting people. I think it's just a general Scottish thing; that and getting fried breakfasts off her mother every day whenever I was up there.

Those views will be of where I stay :icon_lol:

Nah mate but thats because we don't talk like that in Helensburgh etc :) Have you not seen the offence I take when anyway refers to us as weegies, Helensburgh is as far away from Glasgow as Edinburgh is.

:lol: Nar it's not it's less than half the distance, and Dumbarton is even closer. I've got a candidate fae Old Kirkpatrick and he speaks like Barry Ferguson, so he does.

Why does Helensburgh not have a team? Looks a bigger place than many who have league sides.

Well it is on a train :(

The difference between the way people talk in Helensburgh and Dumbarton is crazy given the fact its that close. I have family in Dumbarton and they sound like proper weegies and characters from Taggart.. :(

Aye the otherside of the water from where I stayed was beautiful like. Mountain views which we don't have in toon but you can only stare at snowy hills for so long. I'm sure someone said it's called 'hellsbrough'. Maybe it was hillsbrough and I couldn't work out the accent.

I've only been to Middlesbrough proper twice, once to Stockton but didn't really see the scenary and once to an industrial site road in the middle of nowhere as my mate down there wanted to show me all the hookers. Awful place but didn't really see much of it.

Newcastle was pretty hanging when I was cockheight but it's immense now. I know nobody who dislikes it.

Helensburgh that is. Do you not get the impression with them over in the west coast of Scotland that insulting people is part of the culture. It's almost like they're taught from a young age they're taught to end sentences with an insult. They don't want a fight or anything just how they are. "That's wit a wis tellin ye ya daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft cunt :lol:" and "wit street ye lookin fir ya wee prick?"

Me Ex is from Loch Lomond and even she used to say "cunt" more often than not when insulting people. I think it's just a general Scottish thing; that and getting fried breakfasts off her mother every day whenever I was up there.

She sounds lush :) The fried breakfast thing was surely a bonus.

Those views will be of where I stay :(

Nah mate but thats because we don't talk like that in Helensburgh etc :( Have you not seen the offence I take when anyway refers to us as weegies, Helensburgh is as far away from Glasgow as Edinburgh is.

:icon_lol: Nar it's not it's less than half the distance, and Dumbarton is even closer. I've got a candidate fae Old Kirkpatrick and he speaks like Barry Ferguson, so he does.

The difference between the way people talk in Helensburgh and Dumbarton is crazy given the fact its that close. I have family in Dumbarton and they sound like proper weegies and characters from Taggart.. :nufc:

Aye yous are more stuck up aren't you? I'm sure a heard Rab C on about Helensburgh being full of Urqhart's, Finlay's and Farquhar's. See snobby Scots are possibly the snobbiest people you will ever find. Colin Montgomery being the classic example.

She sounds lush :) The fried breakfast thing was surely a bonus.

Those views will be of where I stay :(

Nah mate but thats because we don't talk like that in Helensburgh etc :( Have you not seen the offence I take when anyway refers to us as weegies, Helensburgh is as far away from Glasgow as Edinburgh is.

:icon_lol: Nar it's not it's less than half the distance, and Dumbarton is even closer. I've got a candidate fae Old Kirkpatrick and he speaks like Barry Ferguson, so he does.

The difference between the way people talk in Helensburgh and Dumbarton is crazy given the fact its that close. I have family in Dumbarton and they sound like proper weegies and characters from Taggart.. :lol:

Aye yous are more stuck up aren't you? I'm sure a heard Rab C on about Helensburgh being full of Urqhart's, Finlay's and Farquhar's. See snobby Scots are possibly the snobbiest people you will ever find. Colin Montgomery being the classic example.

Trust me I am far from stuck up, I think the clique will vouch for that :nufc: . Upper Helensburgh is where the "posh" ones stay though. I think a few of years ago it was the 2nd most expensive place in Scotland to buy a house. Walter Smith and over the years half the Rangers players lived up there Laudrup, Hateley, Klos, Boli, Albertz, Van Vossen...

She sounds lush :icon_lol: The fried breakfast thing was surely a bonus.

:lol: Cheeky bastard, she was actually :)* And, aye, in a way, I suppose it was. If anything can be fried up there, it will be like. No wonder I used to come back down a stone heavier.

*not saying that in an arrogant way before anyone starts, I obviously thought she was, ye knaa?

Stevie you're off your head walking about in football gear up there. We went through Paisley on the train, that's where Joyce got off. Haha. The weather must definitely have a negative affect on the mood up there.

In fairness to them though, it's difficult to compare to Newcasle. I didn't like Paris and thought Newcastle had far more character than it.Makes you thankful to be born in this great city.

:lol:

Think we have Stevie's apprentice here.

I'll tell you where was more weird than grim. Fort William. It had a real end-of-the-line feeling about it. It had an Intersport and a Victoria Wine on the main street.

It was as if word hadn't reached them yet that these places had shut down, so the staff just kept turning up.

Got a cottage just outside there for a week in May.

Fort William itself is canny shit, but the surrounding landscape is some of the best in the UK and far better than anything outside of Scotland. Ben Nevis, the Mamores, Glan Coe, Glen Etive, and near enough to Skye and the NW highlands. If you're not into walking or climbing there is no reason to go there though. It actually can get quite lairy on a Weekend night when the woolybacks come out.

Stevie you're off your head walking about in football gear up there. We went through Paisley on the train, that's where Joyce got off. Haha. The weather must definitely have a negative affect on the mood up there.

In fairness to them though, it's difficult to compare to Newcasle. I didn't like Paris and thought Newcastle had far more character than it.Makes you thankful to be born in this great city.

:(

Think we have Stevie's apprentice here.

He's right, biggest compliment I've seen you pay anyone in three years though to be fair.

Trust me I am far from stuck up, I think the clique will vouch for that :) . Upper Helensburgh is where the "posh" ones stay though. I think a few of years ago it was the 2nd most expensive place in Scotland to buy a house. Walter Smith and over the years half the Rangers players lived up there Laudrup, Hateley, Klos, Boli, Albertz, Van Vossen...

van Vossen :lol: missed the biggest sitter ever in football history, bar none.

Here's the stained glass dickhead! :icon_lol:

SGHCM tbh

Trust me I am far from stuck up, I think the clique will vouch for that :icon_lol: . Upper Helensburgh is where the "posh" ones stay though. I think a few of years ago it was the 2nd most expensive place in Scotland to buy a house. Walter Smith and over the years half the Rangers players lived up there Laudrup, Hateley, Klos, Boli, Albertz, Van Vossen...

van Vossen :lol: missed the biggest sitter ever in football history, bar none.

I wondered how long it would take someone to mention that when I put his name down :)

Was a howler!