Phobias

Jan

Used to have an appalling fear of dentists - couldn't even stand people talking about it

Eventually the teeth were getting so bad I HAD to go - an Aussie dentist who made a real effort when I explained the problem

he sorted me out - these days I don't like it but I 'm not a wreck at the thought

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snakes and heights. went to paris last weekend and totally freaked out on the 2nd level, nee chance i was going to th top

If you get too close to them both at once, there's probably a ladder knocking about.

I was refering to the eifel tower btw :(

Snakes and heights. went to paris last weekend and totally freaked out on the 2nd level, nee chance i was going to th top

I'm not great on heights. Did not enjoy the lift up the tower at all. Fantastic view from the top though. Felt great to be on solid ground again afterwards, for some reason the lift on the way down seemed worse. I'm much better than I used to be though, but the effect it can have on your body can be very offputting.

I find with height the higher you go after a certain point the easier it is - its more like looking out of an aircraft wheres say 10 stories up you can still see details on the ground

I find with height the higher you go after a certain point the easier it is - its more like looking out of an aircraft wheres say 10 stories up you can still see details on the ground

I call it the dead point- once you go over a certain height, any fall is going to be fatal. Therefore, you don't really worry about it.

Below say, 15m, you could survive but be seriously knackered.

Mind you, going over the edge on a 150m structure is still a hoop tightener :rolleyes: