Phobias

Jan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moths...even the little ones :D . Terrible...terrible creatures. It's particularly odd as no other insects/creepy crawlies bother me in the slightest.

To be fair, the mrs has the same thing with moths - can't understand it meself but it seems to be a fairly common thing!

As for me? can't stand spiders. Snakes, other creepy's? anything else i am fine. Spider in the room? i'm out of it!

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Spiders, rats, mice, confined spaces, mice, heights, places that are too crowded, call me racist but muslim looking people with rucksacks on the tube - I ALWAYS change carriages if I see one.

Dont have any really. Scared of horses and cattle, but thats because theyre fucking dumb and big!

Brother has a phobia over fruit. If its in the room when hes eating someone has to move it :lol:

FUNNY. My lass claims to have a phobia of stickers. Claims is the operative word because I think it is that dumb and unfounded that it must just be bullshit but its good for a wind up especially when i get new shoes and leave the stickers on the bottom till they go wet and soggy :icon_lol:

It's not a phobia but I hate the feel of dusters. You know the orangey cloth things. I fucking cannot stand the feel of them.

:lol: i'm like that with velvet. it's my kryptonite - i literally can't touch it.

Moths...even the little ones :) . Terrible...terrible creatures. It's particularly odd as no other insects/creepy crawlies bother me in the slightest.

To be fair, the mrs has the same thing with moths - can't understand it meself but it seems to be a fairly common thing!

As for me? can't stand spiders. Snakes, other creepy's? anything else i am fine. Spider in the room? i'm out of it!

I'm the same about spiders and moths. I cannot go in a room if I know theres a spider in there, we get really large spiders here too especially in Sept/Oct when its getting cold. It seriously makes my life a misery. If Im home alone its a nightmare. I have to go and get my neighbour or the gardener :icon_lol:

My son is the same as you Fish about blood, He doesnt even like to hear talk of it. He goes pale and feels sick. I think its because when he was a toddler he badly cut his head open and he bled like a pig over everything, including me. He had to have stitches, I was perfectly calm (at the time) but even so I think it traumatised him. He cant even look at blood on TV. Infact hes not good with hospitals or needles or anything like that! I once stepped on a piece of broken glass on my kitchen floor, my son came out to see what was happening, took one look at the blood starting to stain the floor red and went as white as a sheet! I told him to go away as I couldnt deal with him fainting too :lol:

Moths are shit. I don't like fast spiders but at least you can see what direction they're going in. Moths just flutter about all over the shop, they're miles away then suddenly they're right in front of your eye. Urgh.

Moths are shit. I don't like fast spiders but at least you can see what direction they're going in. Moths just flutter about all over the shop, they're miles away then suddenly they're right in front of your eye. Urgh.

Argh dont, makes me shiver :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I have three that I know of:

1) Spiders. Can't deal with them on the ceiling, the thought of a spider crawling above me and then falling on me when I'm in bed gets me on edge. Horrible things.

2) Heights. I don't get scared of them per se, but my legs just completely give out whenever I'm up high. I'm alright if I'm in a sealed room (ie a cable car) but if there's a breeze or I'm outside then I physically can't look over the edge.

3) Oranges. Urgh. My hatred for the things knows no bounds. Can't be in the same room as an orange that's been opened; the smell gives me shivers and I feel ill. Goes for anything with orange in it: orange juice, squash etc.

1) Spiders. Can't deal with them on the ceiling, the thought of a spider crawling above me and then falling on me when I'm in bed gets me on edge. Horrible things.

2) Heights. I don't get scared of them per se, but my legs just completely give out whenever I'm up high. I'm alright if I'm in a sealed room (ie a cable car) but if there's a breeze or I'm outside then I physically can't look over the edge.

3) Oranges. Urgh. My hatred for the things knows no bounds. Can't be in the same room as an orange that's been opened; the smell gives me shivers and I feel ill. Goes for anything with orange in it: orange juice, squash etc.

1. Apparently there's some sort of fact that says the average person swallows approx three spiders a year in their sleep!!!!

3. Thats weird that like. :lol:

I can deal with spiders. It's centipedes that get me. I fancy it's because when I was five, I was in school and my teacher told me to go to the sink and wash my hands, and I found a huge vile one in there. I can bring myself to kill them, but only barely. When someone else is around, I'm usually OK, but when I'm on my own with the nasty wriggly things I'm a wreck.

I wouldn't define these as phobias, but they seem to fit within the thread: the foam-like shit that you used to find around the cans of headphones before earbuds became so popular. CANNOT TOUCH IT OR BE AROUND ANYONE WHO IS TOUCHING IT. Wor lass has bamboo-wood cutting boards. I have certain rules regarding these wretched things: if my hands are dry and they're dry, ok; if my hands are wet and they're wet, ok. If either my hands are wet and the boards are dry, or my hands are dry and the boards are wet, I cannot touch them.

I hate "rasping" sounds in general, and I also hate the sound of a metal spoon scraping against a colander. Think I've covered everything now.

Never heard of anyone being like that about oranges before. what a shame! No chocolate orange for you then!

Edited by Toonraider

Never heard of anyone being like that about oranges before. what a shame! No chocolate orange for you then!

Weird thing is, I love chocolate oranges. It's only actual oranges that have this effect on me. Anything orange-flavoured that doesn't actually contain any actual orange is fine. :o

Weird thing is, I love chocolate oranges. It's only actual oranges that have this effect on me. Anything orange-flavoured that doesn't actually contain any actual orange is fine. :(

I once worked with a lass who was shit-scared of peas.

I shit thee not.

Weird thing is, I love chocolate oranges. It's only actual oranges that have this effect on me. Anything orange-flavoured that doesn't actually contain any actual orange is fine. :(

I once worked with a lass who was shit-scared of peas.

I shit thee not.

Sounds like a right Princess...

Weird thing is, I love chocolate oranges. It's only actual oranges that have this effect on me. Anything orange-flavoured that doesn't actually contain any actual orange is fine. :lol:

Strange lad! :(