Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/spor...rtclub2569.html

What's Keegan's crack about the toon here, sounds fucked for me.

:D Dont know whats worse. Keegan in red and white or Keegan speaking Jorman!!!

Ah he's speaking German. Howay Parky, what's he saying, or better still Isegrim. Think the headline says the three happiest years of his life were in Hamburg.

See that Eto'o is on £371,000 a week at Anzhi. What a wierd set up. They're in a province dominated by mafia and terrorists who hate Russian rule, the team themselves only go to Anzhi for games, they fly 900 miles in for every home game and fuck off to Moscow to train and live in between. Dirty country that Russia like.

See that Eto'o is on £371,000 a week at Anzhi. What a wierd set up. They're in a province dominated by mafia and terrorists who hate Russian rule, the team themselves only go to Anzhi for games, they fly 900 miles in for every home game and fuck off to Moscow to train and live in between. Dirty country that Russia like.

Like I said in the post yesterday, this is one of the reasons I am more or less finished with football.

It is all very fucking shady. Never really thought about where that team was, but Dagestan? Isn't that where some terrorists rigged up a load of bombs and held a school hostage? It's next door to Chechnya anyway, and that whole region is one massive human rights issue. I bet the same sort of characters paying for Eto'o are the ones who bought the world cup.

It is all very fucking shady. Never really thought about where that team was, but Dagestan? Isn't that where some terrorists rigged up a load of bombs and held a school hostage? It's next door to Chechnya anyway, and that whole region is one massive human rights issue. I bet the same sort of characters paying for Eto'o are the ones who bought the world cup.

Yes where beheading is the norm.

He could of had CL football, but the greedy cunt chose them.

Yes where beheading is the norm.

He could of had CL football, but the greedy cunt chose them.

Must be dodgy oil money behind it. That and plutonium smuggling etc. Mind you for £371,000 p/w, inevitabley tax free I'd give it some thought. But then, Eto'o has probably not been skint whilst at Inter and Barca.. I just can't imagine what the natives think about seeing a black African turn up. Russia is rife with racism and neo-Fascist lunatics, and that area must be like the Russian Deliverance.

He could probably buy a village every week and pay them to turn up at home matches.

Arsenal are a bunch of twats.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-.../article/66828/

Arsenal have finally earned their first win of the season, but it's not an on-pitch victory: the club has won a court case in Spain forcing the owner of a hat shop to change the name of her premises.

The Gunners have won their case against Seville resident Alicia Simon, who has now been told by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office to change the name of her hat shop 'Arsenale'.

Simon registered the name of her shop before she even opened it in 2007 despite protestations from the club, but Arsenal's lawyers have been petitioning the Spanish authorities ever since, trying to convince them that she has infringed their trademark.

The stunned shopkeeper, who admits to having no knowledge of football, pointed out that her shop does not even share the same spelling or pronunciation as the English football club, and that it is a word which carries "more connotations of culture than sport".

But despite the apparent ridiculousness of their case, Arsenal have now successfully persuaded the Spanish authorities that there was a "risk of confusion" between the monolithic English football club and the tiny hat shop.

Simon named her shop after the Italian word 'arsenale', which was the name given to the shipbuilders' yards in medieval Pisa and Venice. Her premises are in Seville's Arenal de Sevilla district, where Seville's ancient shipyards were located - hence her choice of the name.

Her shop concentrates on selling her self-designed hats, but she also sells shoes - bringing her under the umbrella of "clothes, hats and shoes" as seen by the patent and trademark office, and thus causing the infringement.

Simon has no intention of backing down, however: despite admitting that she feels in a 'David v Goliath' situation, she will not change the name of her shop and has already appealed the decision - thanks to a pair of friends who are lawyers - to a Madrid tribunal which will have the final say.

"I will fight this to the end," she insists.

Garry Cook has resigned.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/...lub-statement-2

Manchester City Football Club announce that the Board led review initiated on Monday of this week, as a response to allegations made to the football club, football authorities and a national newspaper by Dr Anthonia Onuoha, has been concluded.

As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Following the findings of the review, Chief Executive Officer Garry Cook has offered his resignation, which has been accepted with regret by the Board.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak responded to the decision, saying: “Garry has made a remarkable contribution to Manchester City Football Club over the past three years.

“His judgement in this matter should in no way lead to his accomplishments being overlooked. On every level, the club is unrecognisable from the organisation which he inherited and our staff and supporter services, community outreach and commercial activity have seen unparalleled growth under his direction with yet more projects to be realised on the horizon.

“On behalf of Sheikh Mansour and the Board, I would like to thank him for his energy and tireless commitment to serving all those connected with the football club. He will always be welcome at Manchester City.”

Garry Cook said: “I am privileged to have held my position at Manchester City Football Club and to have experienced the opportunities that it has presented. The privilege is in part offset however by the significant personal focus which has at times, detracted from the magnificent achievements of those working at the football club.

“It is that factor, together with my error of judgement in this matter that has prompted me to reach this decision, which I believe is in the best interests of the football club.

“I wish Roberto and his team and all of the fans and supportive partners of the Club the very best for exciting times ahead. I would also like to put on record my unreserved thanks to Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Board and all of the very talented staff at the Club for their support throughout my tenure at Manchester City. I know the Club will go from strength to strength.”

Whilst the Board commences a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, Director John MacBeath will fulfil the role of temporary CEO, working closely with the Board.

Garry Cook has resigned.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/...lub-statement-2

Manchester City Football Club announce that the Board led review initiated on Monday of this week, as a response to allegations made to the football club, football authorities and a national newspaper by Dr Anthonia Onuoha, has been concluded.

As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Following the findings of the review, Chief Executive Officer Garry Cook has offered his resignation, which has been accepted with regret by the Board.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak responded to the decision, saying: “Garry has made a remarkable contribution to Manchester City Football Club over the past three years.

“His judgement in this matter should in no way lead to his accomplishments being overlooked. On every level, the club is unrecognisable from the organisation which he inherited and our staff and supporter services, community outreach and commercial activity have seen unparalleled growth under his direction with yet more projects to be realised on the horizon.

“On behalf of Sheikh Mansour and the Board, I would like to thank him for his energy and tireless commitment to serving all those connected with the football club. He will always be welcome at Manchester City.”

Garry Cook said: “I am privileged to have held my position at Manchester City Football Club and to have experienced the opportunities that it has presented. The privilege is in part offset however by the significant personal focus which has at times, detracted from the magnificent achievements of those working at the football club.

“It is that factor, together with my error of judgement in this matter that has prompted me to reach this decision, which I believe is in the best interests of the football club.

“I wish Roberto and his team and all of the fans and supportive partners of the Club the very best for exciting times ahead. I would also like to put on record my unreserved thanks to Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Board and all of the very talented staff at the Club for their support throughout my tenure at Manchester City. I know the Club will go from strength to strength.”

Whilst the Board commences a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, Director John MacBeath will fulfil the role of temporary CEO, working closely with the Board.

Nice apology there like, especially after he lied. Mug. Hope he ends up with another job elsewhere cleaning toilets in the "Sewth Wist Coahnur" at the Stayudium.

If you get busted, fess up, you might have an outside chance of keeping your job. Trying to worm your way out of it only makes it worse, although the guy came across as a tit anyway.

Edited by Sonatine

Went to see my uncle today & he showed me some of his old programmes from games he'd been to, Some of them were crazy! Highlights :-

Newcastle United vs Manchester City '55 F.A Cup Final (including several other F.A Cup finals, not all Newcastle)

England vs Mexico at Wembley 1961

Scotland 0-4 England at Hampden Park, Bobby Charlton's debut!

Frankfurt vs Real Madrid - European Cup final '60 at Hampden Park

Another great one at Hampden Park was Great Britain vs The Rest of the World from 1947! He went there for his 15th birthday and you can see in the program where his written the scorers & correct the line ups etc etc.

They all made very enjoyable reading. The Wembley ones were quite funny with their daft adverts & at the time of the 1955 programme ''How can you think of the Football Association Challenge Cup without Newcastle United'' going on to describe our finals up to that point and that - at 10 finals - we had been in more than anybody else.

The adverts were along the lines of

NAT LOFTHOUSE DRINKS BOVRIL

''I & other professional players insist on taking BOVRIL before every match...'' etc etc

It must of been the lucozade of the time!

Went to see my uncle today & he showed me some of his old programmes from games he'd been to, Some of them were crazy! Highlights :-

Newcastle United vs Manchester City '55 F.A Cup Final (including several other F.A Cup finals, not all Newcastle)

England vs Mexico at Wembley 1961

Scotland 0-4 England at Hampden Park, Bobby Charlton's debut!

Frankfurt vs Real Madrid - European Cup final '60 at Hampden Park

Another great one at Hampden Park was Great Britain vs The Rest of the World from 1947! He went there for his 15th birthday and you can see in the program where his written the scorers & correct the line ups etc etc.

They all made very enjoyable reading. The Wembley ones were quite funny with their daft adverts & at the time of the 1955 programme ''How can you think of the Football Association Challenge Cup without Newcastle United'' going on to describe our finals up to that point and that - at 10 finals - we had been in more than anybody else.

The adverts were along the lines of

NAT LOFTHOUSE DRINKS BOVRIL

''I & other professional players insist on taking BOVRIL before every match...'' etc etc

It must of been the lucozade of the time!