Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I've heard of him, but there's no way he's more famous than Beckham. Not a chance is Hell. I'd bet there are few places Beckham could wander down the street without being approached, but if LeBron James walked down Clapham High street, the only reason most people would turn to look is because he's a very tall black man.

Sure he's a huge deal in the states, but not many Russians could pick him out of a crowd (of tall black men)

Edit: I am suddenly aware this sounds like a rambling version of "they all look the same to me"... :D

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen SSN there. Some yank connected with Liverpool was sat in a yank studio next to "Lebron Jameson". This yank businessman goes "Lebron is arguably the most recognisable face in world sport", well I'll tell you honestly to god, I'd never heard of this cunt. I don't even know what sport he plays, someone might say how do you not know him?!?!?! Well I don't but it sums the yanks up, that they think someone no cunts ever heard of is more famous than Messi, Ronaldo or even Rooney. Whatever sport he's in they're using him as a marketing tool worldwide for Liverpool, why bother?

I saw the same report and didn't hear 'world' mentioned. The whole reason for the hook up is so that he actually can raise his profile outside of the States.

''arguably the most recognizable name and face in professional sports today'' The actual words, and referring to his status in America.

Just seen SSN there. Some yank connected with Liverpool was sat in a yank studio next to "Lebron Jameson". This yank businessman goes "Lebron is arguably the most recognisable face in world sport", well I'll tell you honestly to god, I'd never heard of this cunt. I don't even know what sport he plays, someone might say how do you not know him?!?!?! Well I don't but it sums the yanks up, that they think someone no cunts ever heard of is more famous than Messi, Ronaldo or even Rooney. Whatever sport he's in they're using him as a marketing tool worldwide for Liverpool, why bother?

I saw the same report and didn't hear 'world' mentioned. The whole reason for the hook up is so that he actually can raise his profile outside of the States.

''arguably the most recognizable name and face in professional sports today'' The actual words, and referring to his status in America.

Given he was talking about global branding and then said that quote, I'd argue he was intimating LeBron James is "arguably the most recognizable name and face in professional sport" across the world. Which he isn't. He's not even the most recognisable face in professional sports in the states, that would still be Woods or Beckham.

Given he was talking about global branding and then said that quote, I'd argue he was intimating LeBron James is "arguably the most recognizable name and face in professional sport" across the world. Which he isn't. He's not even the most recognisable face in professional sports in the states, that would still be Woods or Beckham.

Exactly. Are professional sports not played outside of America. You're spot on Fish, he was referring to global branding, i.e. the most recognisable face in world sport. I hope if and when someone rich buys us, it's not some yanks to be honest. In five years when they realise it's almost impossible for a club like Liverpool to seriously compete with the other clubs for the title they'll sharp get bored imo.

Probably the most famous Basketball player since Michael Jordan, and every cunts heard of him whether you like the sport or not

As usual, you're talking fucking shit. Basketball isn't even on telly, so how the fuck are people supposed to have heard of him?

We're not even exposed to basketball. If I did a survey of all my mates, everyone I know, I reckon 30% would have heard the name.

Probably the most famous Basketball player since Michael Jordan, and every cunts heard of him whether you like the sport or not

As usual, you're talking fucking shit. Basketball isn't even on telly, so how the fuck are people supposed to have heard of him?

We're not even exposed to basketball. If I did a survey of all my mates, everyone I know, I reckon 30% would have heard the name.

By him I meant Jordan btw

Well you can take it any way you like, doesn't mean it's true though, you added the word world. I couldn't give a flying one about the guy myself but it obviously bothers you for some reason, this quote from the chairman explains it as far as I can see.

"We're not interested in talent or athlete representation but we think he is one of the most remarkable athletes of his time," Mr. Werner said in an interview Tuesday. "We believe we can open doors for LeBron and LeBron can open doors for us."

The way I read it is we'll be doing a tour of the States at some point, and they think he'll help to raise LFC's profile higher than it already is.

How is it impossible for Liverpool to seriously compete?

By him I meant Jordan btw

I heard of him cos of the trainers. Always used to get him mixed up with the runner Michael Johnson. If you showed me a pic of 10 yank blacks I wouldn't know which one is Jordan.

You talk some shite sometimes Stevie. Anyone with a telly could tell you what Michael Jordan looked like

Why would I know what he looks? Kettle calling the frying pan black. There was an advert on TV for his dappers, I can't remember what he looked like, NBA was never on telly. Imo there's more chance of a yank knowing what Marcus Bent looks like than there is an English person knowing what Lebron Jameson looks like, that was my point. No one normal knows what Lebron Jameson is or who he is.

I would probably need a clue to recognise Michael Jordan.

Didn't have a clue who Lebron was either.

Not a black thing either - I do know some NFL famous faces like Elway but for example I have no clue what Wayne Gretsky looks like.

Edited by NJS

Not a black thing either - I do know some NFL famous faces like Elway but for example I have no clue what Wayne Gretsky looks like.

The fridge rings a bell in basketball, thats about it.

The fridge rings a bell in basketball, thats about it.

He was "football" as well - Chicago Bears I think.

lebron james is the next michael jordon tbh. and i know next to nowt about basketball

Never heard of him.

You talk some shite sometimes Stevie. Anyone with a telly could tell you what Michael Jordan looked like

I've got a telly and couldn't tell you what he looks like. I once had a manager called called Michael Jordon and he was a Geek with specs and ginger hair, as for the basketball player, wouldn't know him if he came up my drive with a basketball kit on with 'Boston Celtic' or whatever they're called on.

I have heard of Babe Ruth, The Refrigerator and and Dan Marino, but like Jordon, (the basketball player, not my old boss), I couldn't tell you what they looked like.

Feigned ignorance is soooooo a 15 year old thing to do btw

:D

Well if that's aimed at me I think that is fucking hilarious. Seriously, mate, I don't know what they look like. Why would I? I don't watch basketball FFS!

Feigned ignorance is soooooo a 15 year old thing to do btw

:D

Well if that's aimed at me I think that is fucking hilarious. Seriously, mate, I don't know what they look like. Why would I? I don't watch basketball FFS!

He's such a mug. I dont know any of these yank cunts neither. Knowing about yank sportsman isnt normal in my opinion.

Put it this way I could name maybe 30 yank footballer past and present like Lalas and Tony Meola, but other than athletics like Carl Lewis, I couldnt name 5 ever from history anbd I swear to god I mean that.

Edited by McFaul