Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From nufc.com

Tuesday saw Newcastle confirm their first pre-season fixtures ahead of the 2015/16 campaign, with a trio of matches in the USA over an eight day period in July.

Further domestic friendly matches are still tbc.
The Magpies will head stateside for games against Club Atlas from Mexico's Liga MX and United Soccer League outfits Sacramento Republic and Portland Timbers 2.
In contrast to the previous two USA tours undertaken during the Premier League era, none of the sides involved play in the MLS - and what on paper are the highest quality opponents from Mexico's top flight are first up.
Both the US-based sides play in the United Soccer League, which is the third tier of the North American professional game, underneath the MLS and the NASL.
Fixtures:
Tue 14.07.15 Club Atlas (Mexico)
Miller Park, Milwaukee (KO 8pm local time)
Public ticket sale from 04.06.2015 ($25 and upwards)
(US-based NUFC fans will buy tickets in section 235)
Sat 18.07.15 Sacramento Republic FC (USA)
Bonney Field Stadium, Sacramento (KO 8pm local time)
Public ticket sale from 09.06.2015 ($tbc and upwards)
Tue 21.07.15 Portland Timbers 2 (USA)
Providence Park, Portland (KO 7.30pm local time)
Public ticket sale from 08.06.2015 ($18 and upwards)
To clarify, we aren't playing MLS side Portland Timbers as has been claimed, but rather their B team. Portland have indicated that they will include some players from their senior squad, with our visit coming between MLS fixtures on July 18th and 25th.

:lol:

Phew! Some deal Charnley's pulled off there, mind. I can feel the brand growing internationally even as I write this, man.

mike-ashley-lee-charnley-newcastle-unite

"So when Vieira said he'd need to build the team up I told him, 'Patrick, you're not giving me much room to manoeuvre here.' So then I wrapped it up and texted McClaren after the Frog had fucked off to offer him the job again. I've also got John's number, I said I'd text him on his holiday and he could have the job if Steve gets cold feet. He's happy enough with that."

From nufc.com

Phew! Some deal Charnley's pulled off there, mind. I can feel the brand growing internationally even as I write this, man.

To be fair, from a brand attraction perspective it's not quite terrible - they're playing a Mexican team in an area with a relatively small Mexican-American population afaik, which is a bit of a mis-step, but Milwakee doesn't have a proper team so they could sell a few tickets and shirts and Sacramento are the biggest team at that level by a mile. If it was a proper Timbers team they were playing it would be decent tour, just getting mugged off with an official B team like that makes them look stupid.

To be fair, from a brand attraction perspective it's not quite terrible - they're playing a Mexican team in an area with a relatively small Mexican-American population afaik, which is a bit of a mis-step, but Milwakee doesn't have a proper team so they could sell a few tickets and shirts and Sacramento are the biggest team at that level by a mile. If it was a proper Timbers team they were playing it would be decent tour, just getting mugged off with an official B team like that makes them look stupid.

Yeah it's complete bollox basically. :lol:

Well, what else do you expect other than "nearly really good, but cheapens out at the last minute and everything turns shit" at this point? :D

l9KsdVm.gif

Edited by Park Life

A very good manager thought playing shit sides was a good way of getting the all important players confidence sky high for the new season.

I think it's more likely that Lee Charnley was too busy eating his 5th kebab wrap of the morning and forgot that he had to organise the pre-season tour.

From nufc.com

Its the Reserves of a team with an £8m turnover against the first team of one who make £129m in a year. Charnley is gifted.

I think it's more likely that Lee Charnley was too busy eating his 5th kebab wrap of the morning and forgot that he had to organise the pre-season tour.

Chomley is succubus. He is now the black point into which all light vanishes.