Where does Carroll rank

Tooj

Moot point really, as if i were him I'd have gone down the man utd route. he'd probably have been their top scorer as well.

No-one (including Shearer) would have thought we weren't going to win anything though.

Well, in a few years when he's sitting at the match or at home bouncing his grandson on his knee, I know which one would have made me prouder.

That's fair enough and (purely as fans) we'd probably all have that romantic notion. I don't think it has any basis in the reality of how driven and selfish you have to be to be a player like Shearer though. He came here to win things, in the same way he chose Blackburn over us because they were in a much better position at the time. We were almost on an even-footing with Man Utd when he came here and it was that plus the lure of playing for his home town club that made up his mind. The goalscoring record v. the medals at Man Utd though, he'd do things differently given the chance imo. I wouldn't blame him for a second either, even though I'd hate his guts.

Well, in a few years when he's sitting at the match or at home bouncing his grandson on his knee, I know which one would have made me prouder.

That's fair enough and (purely as fans) we'd probably all have that romantic notion. I don't think it has any basis in the reality of how driven and selfish you have to be to be a player like Shearer though. He came here to win things, in the same way he chose Blackburn over us because they were in a much better position at the time. We were almost on an even-footing with Man Utd when he came here and it was that plus the lure of playing for his home town club that made up his mind. The goalscoring record v. the medals at Man Utd though, he'd do things differently given the chance imo. I wouldn't blame him for a second either, even though I'd hate his guts.

Thats all fair enough.

Still think he will regret this move.

Thats all fair enough.

Still think he will regret this move.

I hope he fucking well does tbh.

If I were Shearer I'd have joined ManU first then finished my career at NUFC as number 9, if possible. That's with a massive dollop of hindsight, obviously.

Given the situation in 1996, I think I would have come here straight away, just like he did.

I've always described Carroll as the new Duncan Ferguson. Thats where i rate him.

So many similarities. :D

All he needs is a hoose at Heddon on The Wall, and 200 pigeons and he's got the full set. I do think Big Dunc is a wank, AC is docile but not nasty, what Big Dunc said about Mowbray's wife is one of the biggest disgraces I've ever heard of in football.

What did he say?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I've always described Carroll as the new Duncan Ferguson. Thats where i rate him.

So many similarities. :D

All he needs is a hoose at Heddon on The Wall, and 200 pigeons and he's got the full set. I do think Big Dunc is a wank, AC is docile but not nasty, what Big Dunc said about Mowbray's wife is one of the biggest disgraces I've ever heard of in football.

What did he say?

See Mowbray's wife died of cancer he was the club captain of Celtic, all the OF players were at some awards ceremony not long after she died in Glasgow. Big Dunc won some award and made an official speech, and at the end he said (having a poke at Celtic not lifting any trophies again) "so the only thing Tony will have lifted this year is his wifes coffin".

So many similarities. ;)

What did he say?

See Mowbray's wife died of cancer he was the club captain of Celtic, all the OF players were at some awards ceremony not long after she died in Glasgow. Big Dunc won some award and made an official speech, and at the end he said (having a poke at Celtic not lifting any trophies again) "so the only thing Tony will have lifted this year is his wifes coffin".

:D

That wouldn't even be allowed in the Bad Taste Joke thread.