Where does Carroll rank

Tooj

Amongst some of the strikers we've had in the last twent years or so?

I know he's far from the finished article and has really only had a good half a season in the top flight - but it would be interesting to see what people think, both on how good he is now and how good he can be.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

He'll never be as good as Shearer, I can say that for a fact. I don't think he'll be as good as Ferdinand neither, but he's already as good as Big Dunc, who was a much better player than people think. Only injuries blunted his progress.

Below shearer, cole, bellamy Ferdinand, tino and pedro to name a few.

I'd put him alongside owen in terms of what he did in a black and White shirt - a decent goals to games ratio but not a lot.

The sickener is we won't get to see him realise his massive potential.

I know he's far from the finished article and has really only had a good half a season in the top flight - but it would be interesting to see what people think, both on how good he is now and how good he can be.

Well he's not anywhere near the top 10 world class players where his fee places him.

In every interview I've ever heard with a coach who's had anything to do with the club when Carroll's been around the answer to that question has always been "he can be as good as Andy Carroll wants to be".

Depends if he gets his head straight, which based upon what I know of him, is highly unlikely as he's a died in the wool piece of sh!t and he's now getting paid at a level where no matter how much better he may "want to be" he's not getting another significant rise any time soon. He's made it already. So I question any remaining motivation.

Interesting to see how it plays out, but history (already been to court, assaulted a team-mate other allegations to the police not followed through) doesn't bode well IMO.

He'll never be as good as Shearer, I can say that for a fact. I don't think he'll be as good as Ferdinand neither, but he's already as good as Big Dunc, who was a much better player than people think. Only injuries blunted his progress.

Duncan Ferguson is about right for me. Personally I'm hoping Carroll is going to have the same type of injury problems and anonymous career now.

Well he's not anywhere near the top 10 world class players where his fee places him.

In every interview I've ever heard with a coach who's had anything to do with the club when Carroll's been around the answer to that question has always been "he can be as good as Andy Carroll wants to be".

Depends if he gets his head straight, which based upon what I know of him, is highly unlikely as he's a died in the wool piece of sh!t and he's now getting paid at a level where no matter how much better he may "want to be" he's not getting another significant rise any time soon. He's made it already. So I question any remaining motivation.

Interesting to see how it plays out, but history (already been to court, assaulted a team-mate other allegations to the police not followed through) doesn't bode well IMO.

Aye even Alan Irvine said that when he was on loan at Preston, he was shite for them too. That was only two years ago we all thought he'd end up at Yeovil Town at that point.

Or he could have done a Barton...

Or he could have done a Barton...

There's plenty of time for that to happen.

Edit - He just needs to make sure when and if he gets into bother, it's in Liverpool so he gets a scouse jury

Edited by Toonpack

Of the ones worth remembering something like this...seeing as no one else is sticking their neck out. :D

Shearer

Beardsley (not strictly a striker I know)

Cole

Ferdinand/Carroll

Tino

Ferguson

Owen/Martins

Sibierski

Who am I forgetting who actually means anything?

I never thought Fegurson was that good for us. Carroll is more mobile and did more for the team - this is why he is up so high after a short spell in the top flight.

I truly think we have lost a potential international superstar and remain gutted about it.

Edited by trophyshy

As a Newcastle player he will hardly get a mention in the history books.

In the list of all time NUFC goal scorers I would imagine there will be heinous creatures above him.

That is the legacy this "would be Shearer" has left for himself.

Thats what will be remembered long after he's hung up his boots, in not too many years. Hero to Zero.

Enjoy your thirtys doing the social club talk-ins in Liverpool.

Of the ones worth remembering something like this...seeing as no one else is sticking their neck out. :D

Shearer

Beardsley (not strictly a striker I know)

Cole

Ferdinand/Carroll

Tino

Ferguson

Owen/Martins

Sibierski

Who am I forgetting who actually means anything?

I never thought Fegurson was that good for us. Carroll is more mobile and did more for the team - this is why he is up so high after a short spell in the top flight.

I truly think we have lost a potential international superstar and remain gutted about it.

You could put him in with that bunch, certainly not the rest, (based on his NUFC time).

In the list of all time NUFC goal scorers I would imagine there will be heinous creatures above him.

Thats what will be remembered long after he's hung up his boots, in not too many years. Hero to Zero.

At the same time (and I say this from the pov of a very disappointed fan), I bet Shearer regrets coming here instead of going to Man Utd. Carroll has a far greater chance of winning things than he ever would have here, especially under the current circumstances.

I've always described Carroll as the new Duncan Ferguson. Thats where i rate him.

So many similarities. :D

All he needs is a hoose at Heddon on The Wall, and 200 pigeons and he's got the full set. I do think Big Dunc is a wank, AC is docile but not nasty, what Big Dunc said about Mowbray's wife is one of the biggest disgraces I've ever heard of in football.

At the same time (and I say this from the pov of a very disappointed fan), I bet Shearer regrets coming here instead of going to Man Utd. Carroll has a far greater chance of winning things than he ever would have here, especially under the current circumstances.

Possibly and possibly not.

Not sure if he has ever said whether he cherishes his title medal with blackburn more or his all time goalscoring record for his home town club.

Not sure if he has ever said whether he cherishes his title medal with blackburn more or his all time goalscoring record for his home town club.

Haddaway and shite man, of course he does. And the way in which his last couple of seasons became all about his getting that record were both an embarassment and a bit of a disgrace for a club of our size. It was a consolation prize.

both nice things but he could also have had a european cup winners medal and around 5 or 6 further league titles.

Moot point really, as if i were him I'd have gone down the man utd route. he'd probably have been their top scorer as well.