Lets all calm the f*ck down eh?

Deano

Get a grip man. Get over it. 35 fuckin million pounds.

No, you get a grip.

We'll lose that much if we go down as we might well do now we've lost our main goal threat.

£35m, no doubt embezzled by an owner who doesn't have a history of sanctioning big money deals.

£35m, that can't be reinvested in replacing him for the remaining games in which to save our season.

I'm stunned that anyone out there - be they Toon fan or not - thinks this is a good deal.

This was an excellent deal up until the point of the window closing. Selling that player for any amount and not replacing him makes this potentially be a suicidal deal. This will be the season of what ifs.

Well, yeah. If this was January the 2nd or early Summer, then I could understand. Not now, when we're not safe in this league.

Edited by Tecato

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you get a grip.

We'll lose that much if we go down as we might well do now we've lost our main goal threat.

£35m, no doubt embezzled by an owner who doesn't have a history of sanctioning big money deals.

£35m, that can't be reinvested in replacing him for the remaining games in which to save our season.

I'm stunned that anyone out there - be they Toon fan or not - thinks this is a good deal.

This was an excellent deal up until the point of the window closing. Selling that player for any amount and not replacing him makes this potentially be a suicidal deal. This will be the season of what ifs.

I'm sure Liverpool thought selling Torres (who also put in a transder request and did want to leave) for £50m without a replacement was a great deal too. Oh no wait, they did hang on until they had a replacement to sanction the deal and I'm pretty sure Torres would still be with them now if AC was still here.

Edited by David Kelly

I honestly can't come up with anything positive to say about this whole sale. We don't have a squad that is overflowing with talent. We have had to rely on this sense of team spirit throughout the season to see us through. What will this sale do for that? Would it be a surprise to anyone if Barton (or Enrique for that matter) doesn't sign a new contract? 35 million is an incredible number and it wouldn't be that bad if it had been (even partially) reinvested right away on a stop gap but it wasn't. The message this conveys doesn't just get to the supporters of the club but to the players as well.

I honestly can't come up with anything positive to say about this whole sale. We don't have a squad that is overflowing with talent. We have had to rely on this sense of team spirit throughout the season to see us through. What will this sale do for that? Would it be a surprise to anyone if Barton (or Enrique for that matter) doesn't sign a new contract? 35 million is an incredible number and it wouldn't be that bad if it had been (even partially) reinvested right away on a stop gap but it wasn't. The message this conveys doesn't just get to the supporters of the club but to the players as well.

I think this is a key point actually. I've felt for the past two seasons that AC was very much part of this team spirit (along with Nolan and Barton) and I worry that this could seriously damage that now.

I think this is a key point actually. I've felt for the past two seasons that AC was very much part of this team spirit (along with Nolan and Barton) and I worry that this could seriously damage that now.

You never know though. I thought it would be broken after Hughton was dispatched.

You never know though. I thought it would be broken after Hughton was dispatched.

Fair enough point but this will certainly be worth keeping an eye on.

This tbh. It could have been fucking £100m we've still got Shola, Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger as our forward line and no guarantee whatsoever that we'll buy anyone of note, people have been screaming how we need a winger and a striker to go alongside Carroll all month and instead we've sold Carroll, loaned out a winger and brought in a CM on loan. Selling your best player to a panicking team as the window's slamming shut without replacement, good business for Ashley but shite for us fans.

It shocks me that people come on here and say they expect large amounts of money to be spent at any time by FMA. Shocked because I cant understand how they could think that and at the same time have the intelligence to turn a computer on. Anyone who expects, hopes or thinks that FMA will re invest any monmey is an absolute mong. He bid for Zoggy in the safe knowledge Dave Whelan would not give him the steam off his shit for 12 million if he thought it would do FMA anything positive. It's time some NUFC fans woke up and smelled the bullshit it's been around long enough.

I'll say this though.....i'd love to bump into you in town...i hate you and your anally negative retardation which is your opinions.

:D "Lets all calm the f*ck down eh?" he said, so angry he just started typing words at random

Edited by to dumb

I think its only right we expect a figure of around 50mil being spent on the squad now.

:D:razz::lol:

You fucking idiot.

35+15 of his own money which he would have to of spent before the AC sale.

Your the fucking idiot Gemmill.

Do one you acidic little troll.

sorry like mate but you're living on another planet if you think ashley is going to invest 50m. what has he done so far to make you think he'll do that now? the fact that he's made net profits the last few windows should tell you you need to know about his recruitment strategy. buy cheap, sell high. he's in this game for the money, nothing else.

I think its only right we expect a figure of around 50mil being spent on the squad now.

You fucking idiot.

Let's see if we spend £50m in the summer. You live in fucking cloud cuckoo land man. Any time something shit happens at this club you turn up with one of your "Let's look on the bright side" threads. There isn't a fucking bright side you silly twat. How many times does Ashley have to hoof you in the cobblers before you realise that he's not doing any of this as part of a plan to make this club again.

I'll say this for you though. Mike Ashley would fucking love you.

Such an endearing way with your words gemmill. Such a happy soul aint ya?

I never said we WILL spend that, read you fuckin muppet, i said we have every right to EXPECT that figure to be spent.

Do i think we will? No

But with that money and some of his own clout which he only rightly would of had to spend then you come to a figure of near 50mil.

I'll say this though..... i'd love to bump into you in town...i hate you and your anally negative retardation which is your opinions .

:lol: i bet he's shitting himself

This tbh. It could have been fucking £100m we've still got Shola, Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger as our forward line and no guarantee whatsoever that we'll buy anyone of note, people have been screaming how we need a winger and a striker to go alongside Carroll all month and instead we've sold Carroll, loaned out a winger and brought in a CM on loan. Selling your best player to a panicking team as the window's slamming shut without replacement, good business for Ashley but shite for us fans.

This 100%, threadbare just got barer...couple of injuries and when the remaining forwards inevitably struggle to find the net we'll be found out and struggling.

You fucking idiot.

sorry like mate but you're living on another planet if you think ashley is going to invest 50m. what has he done so far to make you think he'll do that now? the fact that he's made net profits the last few windows should tell you you need to know about his recruitment strategy. buy cheap, sell high. he's in this game for the money, nothing else.

The one thing Ashley had left was his alleged policy of nurturing, not selling, talented youth. He's failed that one at the first fucking test of it so now we have nowt, we know any decent prospects that come through are up for grabs and he wont re-invest.

No, you get a grip.

in a nutshell.

if they'd been honest, sold him for a ridiculous price in the middle of the window then reinvested the cash in 3 or 4 players that improved the squad before it shut, it could have been a smart move that the fans would have accepted and would have made good business sense.

instead we're presented with another ashley farce, where a top player isn't replaced.

Edited by Dr Gloom

You fucking idiot.

Let's see if we spend £50m in the summer. You live in fucking cloud cuckoo land man. Any time something shit happens at this club you turn up with one of your "Let's look on the bright side" threads. There isn't a fucking bright side you silly twat. How many times does Ashley have to hoof you in the cobblers before you realise that he's not doing any of this as part of a plan to make this club again.

I'll say this for you though. Mike Ashley would fucking love you.

Such an endearing way with your words gemmill. Such a happy soul aint ya?

I never said we WILL spend that, read you fuckin muppet, i said we have every right to EXPECT that figure to be spent.

Do i think we will? No

But with that money and some of his own clout which he only rightly would of had to spend then you come to a figure of near 50mil.

I'll say this though..... i'd love to bump into you in town...i hate you and your anally negative retardation which is your opinions .

:lol: i bet he's shitting himself

I EXPECT him to be.

Do I think he is? No.

This 100%, threadbare just got barer...couple of injuries and when the remaining forwards inevitably struggle to find the net we'll be found out and struggling.

Shola probably hasn't got much longer until he breaks down again.

chill, ashleys thought it all through. we've got leon best and lovenkrands to step up next time shola's injured :D

Anyone else going to Fulham tomorrow? Fetch your boots you might get a run out

chill, ashleys thought it all through. we've got leon best and lovenkrands to step up next time shola's injured :D

Anyone else going to Fulham tomorrow? Fetch your boots you might get a run out...

Edited by angrysteve

Anyone else going to Fulham tomorrow? Fetch your boots you might get a run out

chill, ashleys thought it all through. we've got leon best and lovenkrands to step up next time shola's injured :razz:

Anyone else going to Fulham tomorrow? Fetch your boots you might get a run out...

:D Lets all calm the fuck down tho eh? we've also got that £35m that we can't spend.

I'm not in the slightest bit calm, think this has knocked the wind right out of our sails. Be surprised if we pick many points this month.

Or this season. People seem to be prepared to write that off which I'm always a bit surprised about tbh. I'm not getting any younger and I was enjoying this one on the whole (certainly relative to expectations). I'm expecting pretty turgid fare from now on and a return to the days when the match often feels like an inconvenience between drinking sessions. GREAT ©.

All this rebuilding talk is pie in the sky as well imo.