Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no excuse this window for not having a go. How much have Southampton spent? £30m? Crystal Palace paying £9m for players, Crystal fucking Palace! They're doing it because of the extra £20m-£30m each club will get this year from Sky. We've been making profits without this, so there is literally no excuse. All of this gives me extra hope that maybe we really will be sold.

There's no excuse this window for not having a go. How much have Southampton spent? £30m? Crystal Palace paying £9m for players, Crystal fucking Palace! They're doing it because of the extra £20m-£30m each club will get this year from Sky. We've been making profits without this, so there is literally no excuse. All of this gives me extra hope that maybe we really will be sold.

I'd love to think that but I just think he isn't capable of it. An owner who cared would gladly sell to someone who could better the club, (Step forward john hall and look down at your shoes in shame), I'd love to know the full truth about Ashley's attempt to get a buyer in Dubai before Man City's owners bought them, pretty sure he made a tit of himself with Jimenez and Vetere and didn't leave a good impression over there. (I wonder what happened to them? Do all Ashley's lackeys get binned off after a while?)

Im convinced MA is going to take a fat wedge out of the club to repay his "lending" and thus reduce the overall asking price he wants.

It really isn't. He's echoing the fans' frustrations but it's not a good piece. Any article that uses the word 'squillions' is nearly automatically going to be poor. Not be mention the following line:

I am sorry, though, I don’t buy the theory Newcastle cannot compete with City when it comes to transfers.

It really isn't. He's echoing the fans' frustrations but it's not a good piece. Any article that uses the word 'squillions' is nearly automatically going to be poor. Not be mention the following line:

I wasn't on about his linguistic skills more than actual message behind it which is spot on. It's obvious the bloke is a spanner.

Why the fuck do we have to sell a top player before we can reinforcements? I don't understand how there is no money there to conclude our business. It looks like we've waited till the end of the window and we've got a concrete offer before we get our arse in gear. Crazy and baffling way to run things

Why the fuck do we have to sell a top player before we can reinforcements? I don't understand how there is no money there to conclude our business. It looks like we've waited till the end of the window and we've got a concrete offer before we get our arse in gear. Crazy and baffling way to run things

Because if you're not putting any of your own money in thats how its done. As a few have said, if we were likely to "trade up" and bring a potentially better player in that Cabaye then I'd be all for it. But we're just buying to stay in the division.

Because if you're not putting any of your own money in thats how its done. As a few have said, if we were likely to "trade up" and bring a potentially better player in that Cabaye then I'd be all for it. But we're just buying to stay in the division.

It's not just about using our own money. My own theory is that Ashley is intending to run the club on last year's financial plan and will be pocketing the extra TV money himself to repay his loan.

It's not just about using our own money. My own theory is that Ashley is intending to run the club on last year's financial plan and will be pocketing the extra TV money himself to repay his loan.

I do actually think we're entering the final phase of his time here....but that could last 18 months or so. When he can sell for a realistic price after trousering the tv money and the odd 5mill or so that may be left over from selling the likes of Cabaye once we've spent the bare minimum to keep us in the division, then he'll sell.

I do actually think we're entering the final phase of his time here....but that could last 18 months or so. When he can sell for a realistic price after trousering the tv money and the odd 5mill or so that may be left over from selling the likes of Cabaye once we've spent the bare minimum to keep us in the division, then he'll sell.

2 seasons max left I reckons.

I don't get how the first and second statements aren't contradictory. And 86p of every pound Happy Face- WHATWHATWHAT?

My horrible thought is that he wont ever leave us until the FA or someone regulates this somehow. If he sees he can pull in 50 mil or so a year, he will stay and continue on this tact. Its pretty obvious its all about the money for him, why would that change?

This rich owner thing is fine when they are plowing money in, but no other club has an owner who's intention is to rake it in. Even rich owners ploughing money in as a problem I reckon, as its anti competitive and against the spirit of the sport)

If he did this tactic a bit more steadily, he could cream 10-20 mil out of us year on year

Edited by scoobos

I don't get how the first and second statements aren't contradictory. And 86p of every pound Happy Face- WHATWHATWHAT?

My horrible thought is that he wont ever leave us until the FA or someone regulates this somehow. If he sees he can pull in 50 mil or so a year, he will stay and continue on this tact. Its pretty obvious its all about the money for him, why would that change?

If he did this tactic a bit more steadily, he could cream 10-20 mil out of us year on year

??

??

How much income do you think he's going to make this year and last for the club? I know he's got loans to himself to repay right now, but it wont be forever.

If he can continue to bring in his green players, put a purple tag on them and sell at 100% mark up, once his debt is repaid do you think he'll turn his back on that?

Look at cabaye, he's turned down a 100% mark up for him already wanting more, he cant get that sort of margin in his shitty shops.

Edited by scoobos

And 86p of every pound Happy Face- WHATWHATWHAT?

??

Transfer income over the past 7 years is £122m.

Transfer spend in the same perod is £105m.

He has "creamed off" £15m in all those 7 years. If he spends the next decade earning enough at the club that he is able to cream off £20m a year then he'll be doing a lot better than he has previously. Far preferable to not having that kind of income, down in the championship or owt.

So we don't get revenue from any other source? No tv money, selling on fees, tickets etc?

Its a pretty good setup he's got.

I'm not saying your full of shit, I just find it hard to believe that stat Happy Face, though I know its right.. it just feels the complete opposite.

Like he's spending. But on his low cost to sell on high value players. Cabaye sale will fudge those figures by 10 mil if he sells for 15 tomorrow, then it will be 25 mil plus the tv money .

Edited by scoobos

That's based on Transfers only. Because it's a thread about transfer income and spend.

The club has other income. But Ashley has only ever taken one payment out of the club in all his time here. Last seasons £15m or whatever it was. If you want to look at Ashley's personal profit/loss based on all income and outgoing, then he's massively in the hole having invested £250m+ and got back £15m. He's got 5p back for every pound he has put in.

That's based on Transfers only. Because it's a thread about transfer income and spend.

The club has other income. But Ashley has only ever taken one payment out of the club in all his time here. Last seasons £15m or whatever it was. If you want to look at Ashley's personal profit/loss based on all income and outgoing, then he's massively in the hole having invested £250m+ and got back £15m. He's got 5p back for every pound he has put in.

Having made the club more financially stable, along with the new TV deal, I think he may be in a posistion to start getting his outlay down to the level required to make the club sellable again. He needs another 100mill at least though.

Having made the club more financially stable

Sorry to be picky, but I would be more inclined to say he has financed our declining income, rather than make us financially stable. Freddy Shepherd could have stopped buying expensive players too. Ashley's done no more than that.

Agree though, just waiting it out until the TV money went up made the club a far better prospect...if he doesn't get us relegated again.