Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

No clash. I asked for corrections and have taken them gratefully from the start of the thread amending as I go.

not seen any evidence of the amounts Chez is quoting though....

Wikipedia said £8m for Chez

He won't come down and trade punches with you HF, he won't get his hands dirty. He fires intelligent weapons from range while he munches on French cuisine. He flies to Geneva and shit. You're NOT IN HIS LEAGUE! HE saunters in a butterfly mottled silken dressing gown while YOU labour in your y fronts.

HE appreciates the sideways glance of a femme fatale late afternoon in a cafe. He adjoins the moment in his diary, perhaps with a charcoal thumbnail sketch. YOU on the other hand froth away in the bog to a copy of Men Only. HE takes walks by the river Seine as the sun dips and appraises his relationship with the river of life...While YOU have cobbled together a goblin in the leccy cupboard out of wax and rubber bands which you sometimes annoint with your man fluid...Only ONE can survive.

Family looking at me all weird like while I :lol: louder

Wikipedia said £8m for Shay

You check that source today did you as i thought the site was down in protest against legislation? Wikipedia :lol: Its says £7m, so if you're out by £1m on transcribing figures from articles, i dont trust much you've got to say tbh.

All of the figures are guesses ('believed to be' 'reported as'), with 30 guesses in total and an uncertainty of at least £1m on each figure you provide, the actual figure could be anywhere. Before we go any further, what does this figure signify anyway? Isnt it what you've been using to back up your philosophical insights into club decision-making? All seems a bit inaccurate and redundant to me.

You check that source today did you as i thought the site was down in protest against legislation? Wikipedia :lol: Its says £7m, so if you're out by £1m on transcribing figures from articles, i dont trust much you've got to say tbh.

All of the figures are guesses ('believed to be' 'reported as'), with 30 guesses in total and an uncertainty of at least £1m on each figure you provide, the actual figure could be anywhere. Before we go any further, what does this figure signify anyway? Isnt it what you've been using to back up your philosophical insights into club decision-making? All seems a bit inaccurate and redundant to me.

I don't plan to go further or signify anything. Just keeping track of prices cos its a bugger to find a list of best guesses anywhere.

Dunno why it makes you and CT so defensive.

You can still see pieces of Wikipedia articles on google when it displays results btw.

Edited by Happy Face

It forms part of your oeuvre, dont deny it.

:lol:

I might use these facts to back up my arguments elsewhere. But in getting the numbers and posting them here I'm like the bbc. No bias. No opinion.

You'll notice that I don't comment, criticise or celebrate on updates I make in here. I just quote the updated op.

If you're saying referencing facts is my thing then I thank you for the compliment.

There's a begrudging respect, i'll admit it. If only that intellectual restraint extended beyond this thread.

And yes, you were.

Remember taking the piss out of Leazes for going on about it. Maybe you're misinterpreting things again.

Actually, I think YOU will find there's exactly £27 million left over from the Carroll transfer.

Actually, I think YOU will find there's exactly £27 million left over from the Carroll transfer.

So HF has been telling us.

Riveting discourse this, chaps.

Chez gets so excited over a potential discussion about Mike Ashley's economic strategy for the club that he starts hyperventilating, and the blood courses through his veins like a tsunami, eventually finding its way into his supposed 8-inch wang, whereupon it balloons into a kind of bulging pink torpedo, ready to fire upon will.

So HF has been telling us.

in your heed.

For 'not letting it pass' this day old vague recollection of my post isn't up to muster.

I even had a safety wink in there.

I know i'm not a funny man, but that's what the wink is for.

Edited by Happy Face

Whilst the squad is good, half of them are a breath away from their knees exploding. Demba Ba is currently in the form of his life because he is signed to an incentive-based contract: no appearances, no goals = no syrup for Demba. He has to keep performing for the paychecks to arrive. As soon as we sign him to a permanent contract his form will drop and his knee will explode. Marveaux's knee has already exploded, and Davide Santon will probably end up with a prosthetic leg with the amount of operations he has on his knees. Obertan is so crap that even if he had 3 legs he still wouldn't be Premiership standard. The rest, we'll sell in the coming weeks. I see no reason for YOU to remain positive in light of these plain and simple FACTS.