Carroll conspiracy theories

Dr Gloom

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's canny naive of people not to put two and two together on the whole transfer request thing. All of the below is put together from when things were first posted on here, which is basically as they happened seeing as everyone was hammering Twitter throughout the day.

At 11:20 am yesterday, I posted on here that the 2pm press conference had been put back to half 3 (lad at work got a text off his dad who is a local journo). This was in the immediate aftermath of a £30m bid coming in from Liverpool. Bit weird but not necessarily that important as we were still to sort out Ireland's medical, so it could have been linked to that.

Word comes through that that bid has been rejected - timing not important.

2:25pm - The press conference is cancelled altogether. This for me is the moment that Carroll's fate was sealed. The club were in full-scale negotiations with Liverpool, and the lad is going if an improved offer comes in. I don't want to get into too much hearsay as then this just all becomes fantasy, but I would assume that at this point Carroll's advisors start to talk about the deal with him.

4:40pm - NUFC receive an improved bid for Carroll and reject it.

5:14pm - Carroll submits transfer request

5:21pm - Transfer request "reluctantly accepted". 7 whole minutes of reluctance.

5:24pm - Liverpool confirm that NUFC have accepted their bid for Carroll. 3 (three) minutes later the bid from Liverpool is confirmed as accepted on their website.

Sorry like, but those events from 4:40pm onwards are so obviously choreographed to me. I think that from 4:40 on this is all just part of a dance that Liverpool, Newcastle and Carroll are playing out. We've all seen transfer deadline day dramas where a club genuinely wants to keep a hold of its player, and things just don't go as smoothly as that over the course of 45 minutes. The timings on the submission and acceptance of the transfer request - no attempts to talk him out of it, no nowt. 10 minutes from him handing the request in, the bid is formally accepted. Load of shite.

As for Carroll, once the deal was put in front of him, he'd have been daft not to go. I think he willingly put a transfer request in once his head had been turned, and I don't believe the stuff about him having been forced out. I do think though that the onus was on the club, if they wanted to keep him, to make sure that this deal was never put in front of him. They didn't do that - in fact they made their minds up earlier in the day that they were going to do their utmost to make sure that they had the cash in their pockets by the end of the day, and I think they tried to talk him into leaving rather than into staying. And that's fine if you really see this as good business that can strengthen the club in the long term. That's not why these twats did it though.

I think it's canny naive of people not to put two and two together on the whole transfer request thing. All of the below is put together from when things were first posted on here, which is basically as they happened seeing as everyone was hammering Twitter throughout the day.

At 11:20 am yesterday, I posted on here that the 2pm press conference had been put back to half 3 (lad at work got a text off his dad who is a local journo). This was in the immediate aftermath of a £30m bid coming in from Liverpool. Bit weird but not necessarily that important as we were still to sort out Ireland's medical, so it could have been linked to that.

2:25pm - The press conference is cancelled altogether. This for me is the moment that Carroll's fate was sealed. The club were in full-scale negotiations with Liverpool, and the lad is going if an improved offer comes in. I don't want to get into too much hearsay as then this just all becomes fantasy, but I would assume that at this point Carroll's advisors start to talk about the deal with him.

5:21pm - Transfer request "reluctantly accepted". 7 whole minutes of reluctance.

5:24pm - Liverpool confirm that NUFC have accepted their bid for Carroll. 3 (three) minutes later the bid from Liverpool is confirmed as accepted on their website.

Sorry like, but those events from 4:40pm onwards are so obviously choreographed to me. I think that from 4:40 on this is all just part of a dance that Liverpool, Newcastle and Carroll are playing out. We've all seen transfer deadline day dramas where a club genuinely wants to keep a hold of its player, and things just don't go as smoothly as that over the course of 45 minutes. The timings on the submission and acceptance of the transfer request - no attempts to talk him out of it, no nowt. 10 minutes from him handing the request in, the bid is formally accepted. Load of shite.

As for Carroll, once the deal was put in front of him, he'd have been daft not to go. I think he willingly put a transfer request in once his head had been turned, and I don't believe the stuff about him having been forced out. I do think though that the onus was on the club, if they wanted to keep him, to make sure that this deal was never put in front of him. They didn't do that - in fact they made their minds up earlier in the day that they were going to do their utmost to make sure that they had the cash in their pockets by the end of the day, and I think they tried to talk him into leaving rather than into staying. And that's fine if you really see this as good business that can strengthen the club in the long term. That's not why these twats did it though.

100% spot on imo. I was bleeting on about this yesterday. Was doing my nut in reading fucking idiots on twitter going on about AC being the same as Bent and so on. The club reluctantly accepted? How fucking thick do they think we are?

Nailed.

Absolutely nailed.

I bear no ill feeling to Carroll at all. He did what any of us would have done, if offered financial security for life.

Llaurel and Lardy though…

Anyone reckon he'll be fit for the weekend. :lol:

Just offered to bet anyone at work who'll take it that he will - I never believed his "injury" from day one - shades of Given.

In the cold light of day I still find people believing the club line to be astounding.

spot on. they must take us for mugs with all this "reluctantly accepted" knackers.

agree about sky's role as facilitators too. i would get equal pleasure from dropping a heed on any of david craig, jim white and mike ashley

Edited by Dr Gloom

Anyone reckon he'll be fit for the weekend. :lol:

Just offered to bet anyone at work who'll take it that he will - I never believed his "injury" from day one - shades of Given.

In the cold light of day I still find people believing the club line to be astounding.

aye. i was thinking the same all month but didn't think the club would be so stupid.

they should have just come clean, admitted they wanted to sell him and take the stupid money on offer in the middle of the window. then they could have reinvested it so we weren't stuck with shola as our front man striker. it would have been way easier to accept if they'd just been up front about it all and ensured we replaced him with a half decent striker worth around £10m or so.

instead we end up with this farcical situation where they try to convince us it was an eleventh hour move that carroll helped engineer himself when in reality they were probably touting him all month. and we end up with no replacement striker for the run in.

it won't surprise me at all if carroll turns out for them in the next week or so.

Think Holden McGroin was possibly onto something when he said Carroll's Dubai trip (when Dalglish was out still there) now stinks to high heaven.