Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't watched SSN since they took it off freeview. Just found a stream, fuck me Georgie Thompson would get her pastie smashed and no mistake.

Banging the little one in Antandec.

I'm off to cheer myself up in the Belta Minge.

:jesuswept:

Big clubs are willing to speculate. Thats the difference.

We are a farm club.

Aye since Ashley brought in Wise then Kinnear Ashley reduced the club to Hicksville United.

Wurzel Gummidge on loan till the end of the season?

Probably something like that lol

I've heard some of the staff at the Bernard Matthews turkey coop are better than average.

Fuck off skid mark you useless fucking cunt

Go fuck yourself you silly little paddy prick, nobody can be fuckin' arsed with you on here. When you've actually seen a game of football come back with an opinion you little cunt.

Ironic coming from the twat who is regularly told to fuck off :suicide:

Remember FoK? :jesuswept: Die.

Reported.

The rightness or wrongness of the situation is all down to the price and it's reinvestment. I was convinced he would stay as I never imagined clubs would he willing to bid this amount. £35m is a game-changing amount but only if someone is lined up to replace him. With no one lined up it would appear the clowns at the club have let events control them unlike Liverpool who have sorted out the Torres problem and made money. Fucking shite.

The rightness or wrongness of the situation is all down to the price and it's reinvestment. I was convinced he would stay as I never imagined clubs would he willing to bid this amount. £35m is a game-changing amount but only if someone is lined up to replace him. With no one lined up it would appear the clowns at the club have let events control them unlike Liverpool who have sorted out the Torres problem and made money. Fucking shite.

Aye. This is game-changing from the POV of the message it sends out to the rest of the squad too btw. There was chatter earlier today about Enrique signing an extended contract. We might have heard the last of that.

Catmag telling me to die is something beyond banter, i took serious offence to that and on any other forum he would be banned

He's like a player that gets fouled and waves an invisible card at the ref :jesuswept: That'll be lost on him mind, having never seen a game of football

It seems we didn't have a back-up plan and couldn't/wouldn't tell Liverpool to fuck off until the summer. Shola/Best/Lovenkrands & Ranger.

:jesuswept:

That's how I see it. When they've finished rummaging in the bargain bins for a replacement, they'll decide there's no-one available that offers enough value for money. What a fucking surprise.

Guest Your Name Here

Even if all the money is reinvested who could we get? We pay mediocre wages by PL standards and have given the clearest signal possible we have zero ambition. We'd probably just end up with 4-5 middle of the road players.

Aye. This is game-changing from the POV of the message it sends out to the rest of the squad too btw. There was chatter earlier today about Enrique signing an extended contract. We might have heard the last of that.

Depends if we get anyone in. Torres leaving liverpool sends out a bigger message, especially to a fanbase with no special feeling towards Carroll.

I have no idea why am even entertaining the idea of an adequate replacement. Boothroyd is probably the best case scenario. Even that's optimistic at this time.

in a nutshell

The lanky streak of piss has got to pass a medical yet, fucking hate him and the bastards in charge, absolutely no chance of getting anyone of any calibre in at this stage and to let him go now rather than the summer is criminal. Anyone thinking well get half the money even to reinvest is stupid and it gives a message to the quality players we still have, Enrique, Tiote, Barton that we don't have ambition and they will be all to happy to leave at the sniff of a big from a better paying club but that's football and we've been fucked over this time with relegation now a strong possibility

Very true. They don't care about the message they send to the players or the fans. Selling without a credible replacement sticks up two fingers to the club's employees and customers alike. Robber barons tbh.

Imo £35m is far too good a price to turn down on someone who's only been a first team regular for 18 months and 12 of those were in the Championship. I'm not saying Carroll isn't a good player and to the right club (in this case Liverpool) worth a fair amount, but even if he ends up scoring plenty for the Scousers and becoming an England regular it's unlikely they'll ever sell him for much more surely? Incidentally I wonder if there will be any sell on cluase (over a certain fee).

I'm sure whatever happens Carroll will end up scoring against us on every return match against us, on a personal note I now disregard him as a Newcastle Utd fan and disown him entirely (purely a spiteful opinion of my own, especially as I hate the Scousers) - I'm not saying he had much choice in wanting to go and I'm sure the financial incentives are compelling but for someone who apparently wanted to be just like his boyhood hero of Alan Shearer and play as Newcastle's No9 he's not showing it that well. Saying that I guess it's a bit harsh because by the time Alan Shearer came back to us he'd already won the Premiership and was on a decent wage (for the time), though he could have won a lot more by going elsewhere and he had plenty of opportunity. On a side note we can't assume the 'transfer request'was a PR stunt because it's not something we want to hear but on the same note I wouldn't put anything past this club.

I suppose it comes down to (1) does Carroll think he'll do better with Liverpool and have more of a chance of playing for England? (2) Is Carroll using this as a way of earning more money in his short, potentially mercenary career as a footballer, regardless of which team he supposedly supports? Or (3) he's another Gazza, Chopra, etc who's been let go by the club they love due to the club either not seeing the potential or just wanting the money? If I thought the club itself would see nearly £40m going straight back in to players then I'd feel a tad less agrieved but I can't see that happening. If the money went a good way towards Ashley fucking off, again I'd feel a tad less agrieved though again I can't see that happening either (now Ashley has a taste for the sort of windfall he can get from bringing up and selling youth players I fully expect him to lean even more in that direction and of us being a selling club).

All in all while I'm a bit saddened by Carroll going I can't help thinking that selling him for £35m is good business after the bids had come in. If we'd rejected the bids and Carroll had been unsettled, leading to a poor second half of the season there wouldn't have been a cat in hell's chance of getting anything like £35m, or at least I wouldn't have thought so. I can't see Liverpool ever selling him on for much more either in the future regardless of how good he gets, my only gripe is my doubts we'll see any of the money going to the right parts of the club instead of Ashley's pocket.

Oh, and one more thing, if I hear one more person on Talksport say Ashley wiped out our debts I'm going to punch someone...

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Imo £35m is far too good a price to turn down on someone who's only been a first team regular for 18 months and 12 of those were in the Championship. I'm not saying Carroll isn't a good player and to the right club (in this case Liverpool) worth a fair amount, but even if he ends up scoring plenty for the Scousers and becoming an England regular it's unlikely they'll ever sell him for much more surely? Incidentally I wonder if there will be any sell on cluase (over a certain fee).

I'm sure whatever happens Carroll will end up scoring against us on every return match against us, on a personal note I now disregard him as a Newcastle Utd fan and disown him entirely (purely a spiteful opinion of my own, especially as I hate the Scousers) - I'm not saying he had much choice in wanting to go and I'm sure the financial incentives are compelling but for someone who apparently wanted to be just like their boyhood hero of Alan Shearer and play as Newcastle's No9 he's not showing it that well. Saying that I guess it's a bit harsh because by the time Alan Shearer came back to us he'd already won the Premiership and was on a decent wage (for the time), though he could have won a lot more by going elsewhere and he had plenty of opportunity. On a side note we can't assume the 'transfer request'was a PR stunt because it's not something we want to hear but on the same note I wouldn't out anything past this club.

I suppose it comes down to (1) does Carroll think he'll do better with Liverpool and have more of a chance of playing for England? (2) Is Carroll using this as a way of earning more money in his short, potentially mercenary career as a footballer, regardless of which team he supposedly supports? Or (3) he's another Gazza, Chopra, etc who's been let go by the club they love due to the club either not seeing the potential or just wanting the money? If I thought the club itself would see nearly £40m going straight back in to players then I'd feel a tad less agrieved but I can't see that happening. If the money went a good way towards Ashley fucking off, again I'd feel a tad less agrieved though again I can't see that happening either (now Ashley has a taste for the sort of windfall he can get from bringing up and selling youth players I fully expect him to lean even more in that direction of being a selling club).

All in all while I'm a bit saddened by Carroll going I can't help thinking that selling him for £35m is good business after the bids had come in. If we'd rejected the bids and Carroll had been unsettled, leading to a poor second half of the season there wouldn't have been a cat in hell's chance of getting anything like £35m, or at least I wouldn't have thought so. I can't see Liverpool ever selling him on for much more either in the future regardless of how good he gets, my only gripe is my doubts we'll see any of the money going to the right parts of the club instead of Ashley's pocket.

Oh, and one more thing, if I hear one more person on Talksport say Ashley wiped out our debts I'm going to punch someone...

agree and disagree in parts. At the end of the day, this sale today signifies everything that is wrong with NUFC and Mike Ashley as the owner of the football club.

As for talksport, supporters and some people in the game are generally ignorant of other clubs, not just us, so some will believe Ashley has wiped out our debts if someone tells them he has. Pretty much the same thing as people saying the past regime was "embarrassing" and others latched onto it and believed it.

Anyway, without going down that road, just wanted to make the point that opinions/rumours/comments spouted by non-NUFC supporters shouldn't always be taken at face value.

It may be a big price, but Liverpool don't seem to think so, and if it isn't too much for them to pay, it shouldn't be too much for us to turn down either, they have been operating this way for over 40 years so they have been doing something right.