Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

:D:icon_lol:
Dalglish and Carroll.... at a Boyzone gig apparently! :lol:

http://twitpic.com/42by7r

:icon_lol:B) surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

That's Westlife. Gawd....

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' :P

That's one of Roland's solo efforts. :wub:

Ronan? Or this bloke?

Erkan_Mustafa.jpg

:lol:

:P

Oh Erkan. :P

It's a habit I got from Viz. They had a 'cut out and keep' Take That poster back when they were big the first time and they all had ridiculous/wrong names but Gary Barlow was 'Doughnut'. :lol:

They always cut their heads out really badly too so they looked even more cuntish.

Do you remember the cut-out-and-keep Bros mug featuring Matt, Luke and 'Ken'? B)

Maybe that was the one! :lol: I think I'm getting two different things mixed up. It was a cracking read back then although like I say, it was possibly to do with other factors.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah righto. :lol:

Fancy you not picking up on that...!

I haven't read it on a regular basis for about 20 years tbh. Still canny funny when I do have a deek at it like.

I was joking mate. I wasn't thinking you could possibly have guessed the reference! :lol:

I do still get the odd annual though and always end up having a chortle at the Top Tips/Letters page. Not as good as it was although that's probably cause smaller things amused me when I was 20, signing on and stoned all the time. :lol:

Always good when you'd have two people supposedly arguing via the letters page, only one of them is replying to a letter in the same issue :lol:

Edited by alex

Ah righto. :lol:

Fancy you not picking up on that...!

I haven't read it on a regular basis for about 20 years tbh. Still canny funny when I do have a deek at it like.

I was joking mate. I wasn't thinking you could possibly have guessed the reference! :D

I do still get the odd annual though and always end up having a chortle at the Top Tips/Letters page. Not as good as it was although that's probably cause smaller things amused me when I was 20, signing on and stoned all the time. :lol:

Always good when you'd have two people supposedly arguing via the letters page, only one of them is replying to a letter in the same issue :lol:

Yeah, and I love the names, like Major Topson-Fingers or Hapag Lloyd.

There was a beauty in the letters page I remember something like "these new speed bumps all over our roads are a complete farce. If anything they slow you down!" :lol:

No Job - No Money -Fuck off

Gnat West -The Frank Bank

:lol: ahahahahaha it was GNAT WEST - the bank the likes to say fuck off.

The kid in that advert was Paul Hanley who was the drummer in The Fall at the time. Met him in October 2009 when his band played The Cumberland Arms & asked him about those t-shirts; apparently he never got a penny from the sales. Poor sod.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Carroll going to get a start against Man U this weekend?

Surely he's just about over his crook leg, isn't he?

If so, I'm curious to see how he goes.

Part of me would like to seem him tank, if only because if he does score often I'll think that each of those could have been for us.

Oh well ... 35 million is A LOT of money.

I've been a subscriber for about four years now. Has had a bit of a resurgence of late, although paradoxically my favourite part (letters and top tips). I love Meddlesome Ratbag and Major Misunderstanding. :(

Rude Kid was a favourite of mine in the early days.

rudekid.jpg

:icon_lol:

Ah, simple pleasures.

I've been a subscriber for about four years now. Has had a bit of a resurgence of late, although paradoxically my favourite part (letters and top tips). I love Meddlesome Ratbag and Major Misunderstanding. :(

Rude Kid was a favourite of mine in the early days.

rudekid.jpg

:icon_lol:

Ah, simple pleasures.

I still say

Go piss up a rope fuckstick

regretting the google image search tho

Going by Suarez' display this morning, as a creative supplier of chances in the mould of Bellamy, a Carroll/Suarez partnership doesn't bode well for opposing defensive rearguards.

I likened him to Bellamy a while back: technically as good as CB, harbors an aggressive streak, but is more instinctive & generally a more predatory/clinical finisher than CB, and that's quite a statement given that Bellamy worked very hard on this aspect of his game and this was painfully apparent post-NUFC after being exiled from the club via Souness' ego, dating back to his loan spell in Scotland. Probably earlier than that tbh ie. during the early stages of 04/05, prior to Souness' 'supposedly' legitimate & tactical substitution of Bellamy.

I liked what i saw of him/Suarez at the WC, apart form having Forlan alongside he excelled in what was a workmanlike, organised but otherwise pedestrian attacking midfield unit. Suarez is a top little footballer, top drawer.

Given their Jan net spend was next to nothing they'll further strengthen [or upgrade] their artillery on the wings during the Summer window, at the very least. Potentially add arguably the most balanced left-back in Europe [in Enrique: a genuine defensive 'lock-down' fullback, who is really flourishing now going forward] into the mix and they're well back on track, in terms of crashing the party at the top end of the table.

Edited by Year Zero