Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

They've made enquiries and we've told them no. Im sure we'll do the same again.

We'll see. We'd be rejecting offers now anyway, whether we intend on keeping him or not. The time to get smug about rejected offers is 1st Feb, cos then we'll know that we weren't just holding out for a bigger offer on the last day of the window.

Is that the same time the humble pie gets eaten......I doubt it.

Humble pie about what? Nobody wants him sold, but people are rightly concerned. Why do you have to try and lord it over people and insist they eat humble pie?

When I say that the time to be smug is on Feb 1, that's not strictly true. What I should say is that while the rest of us choose to be relieved that we kept our best player, knowing what you're like, you won't be able to stop crowing about how you predicted it all and acting the smug prick. And a better time for THAT would be Feb 1st. Although tbh there's never a good time for that sort of shit.

So Im smug for being pleased we've YET AGAIN, turned down an offer, but others in this thread who claim the deals being done all along shouldnt eat humble pie on 1st Feb..

What utter fucking TOSH.

ASM is right, come 1st Feb, the usual nay sayers will be spouting about how the clubs just waiting til the summer to get more money.....and so it goes on.

TIT

CT, you're a fuckin pleb man, not so much as Skidders like, but you are talking about selling Carroll in January/August etc, you are talking about WHEN Carroll will be sold.

Mate, nothing is as sure as this club will, eventually, lose Carroll and Enrique to one of the top clubs attempting to win the trophies and play in europe, and they will be happy to leave when the penny drops when they realise they have to make this move for their career ambitions.

Do you want to know what will help convince them to stay, and build on this "platform he has started" ? Its quite simple man, all Mike Ashley has to do is buy a couple of quality players like Carroll and Enrique to show them that THIS club is trying to go places, this will also correctly bring about a u-turn in attitudes among supporters of the club towards him and his ambitions for the club.

It's THAT simple man.

Tiote? Ben Arfa? :huh:

:lol:

good players, but you will not put together a good team and stimulate ambition among supporters, players and the football world by operating exclusively in the bargain transfer market. I know that its an idealistic dream to think you can do it, but you can't.

Too many of them aren't good enough ie Perch, Best, Routledge, Ryan Taylor, Lovenkrands, Sol Campbell now. It even speaks volumes Shola Ameobi is important for you, Ameobi ? For years he's been a bench player and that was all, we all know he's an inconsistent underperforming clown who has never used his physical strength correctly. He's now a first team player ? Ameobi, and no sign of replacing him with better ? Fuck off man.

If this team is going to go further forward, like you are claiming, then now is the time to show that they want to do it by making a signing or two to show it to everybody. Like it or not, these sort of signings matter, they are important, they are statements of intent and raise the profile of the club to everybody. It's all about getting the balance right, too many big signings and you get egos, too many bargains and you aren't good enough. We are the 3rd biggest club in the country, punch our weight and act like it.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some spurs ITD saying weve made a bid for Enrique.

No mention amongst those ITK of the Carroll bid.

So that says to me the Carroll one is real and the enrique one is not.

Another shittern mogn from the meshugener.

So it's not about how good Tiote and Ben Arfa are, it's to do with their fees and whether they are considered bargains :lol:

If they cost five times as much they'd be five times the player. It's THAT simple. You do the math, cockend!

So it's not about how good Tiote and Ben Arfa are, it's to do with their fees and whether they are considered bargains :lol:

If they cost five times as much they'd be five times the player. It's THAT simple. You do the math , cockend!

maths, isn't it ? :huh:

Are you a fuckin yank :angry:

I've posted the bigger picture, which incidentally is what the successful clubs do, but I'm sure you and one or two other arseholes will be too thick to see it :huh:

Yeah, you got me there mate.

I do think you'd be happier if they were £10 and £15 million purchases respectively though. THAT's how simple I think you actually believe it is-I genuinely hold that view.

I've posted the bigger picture, which incidentally is what the successful clubs do, but I'm sure you and one or two other arseholes will be too thick to see it :huh:

Tbf there is zero acknowledgment of the 'bigger picture' in 99% of your output, so I think you either don't believe that or simply massively underestimate the importance of anything besides massive fees and salaries.

We are moving forward under Ashley albeit slowly. But the signs however small and however it's spun have been generally good over the last year or so. He might remain unpredictable, but the wage structure and buying young players has remanined the order of the day. Think everyone on here can see that. It's where Spurs were about 5 or so years ago. Don't think we will sell any key players this window.

Edited by Park Life

We'll see. We'd be rejecting offers now anyway, whether we intend on keeping him or not. The time to get smug about rejected offers is 1st Feb, cos then we'll know that we weren't just holding out for a bigger offer on the last day of the window.

Humble pie about what? Nobody wants him sold, but people are rightly concerned. Why do you have to try and lord it over people and insist they eat humble pie?

When I say that the time to be smug is on Feb 1, that's not strictly true. What I should say is that while the rest of us choose to be relieved that we kept our best player, knowing what you're like, you won't be able to stop crowing about how you predicted it all and acting the smug prick. And a better time for THAT would be Feb 1st. Although tbh there's never a good time for that sort of shit.

So Im smug for being pleased we've YET AGAIN, turned down an offer, but others in this thread who claim the deals being done all along shouldnt eat humble pie on 1st Feb..

What utter fucking TOSH.

ASM is right, come 1st Feb, the usual nay sayers will be spouting about how the clubs just waiting til the summer to get more money.....and so it goes on.

TIT

CT, you're a fuckin pleb man, not so much as Skidders like, but you are talking about selling Carroll in January/August etc, you are talking about WHEN Carroll will be sold.

Mate, nothing is as sure as this club will, eventually, lose Carroll and Enrique to one of the top clubs attempting to win the trophies and play in europe, and they will be happy to leave when the penny drops when they realise they have to make this move for their career ambitions.

Do you want to know what will help convince them to stay, and build on this "platform he has started" ? Its quite simple man, all Mike Ashley has to do is buy a couple of quality players like Carroll and Enrique to show them that THIS club is trying to go places, this will also correctly bring about a u-turn in attitudes among supporters of the club towards him and his ambitions for the club.

It's THAT simple man.

good players, but you will not put together a good team and stimulate ambition among supporters, players and the football world by operating exclusively in the bargain transfer market. I know that its an idealistic dream to think you can do it, but you can't.

Too many of them aren't good enough ie Perch, Best, Routledge, Ryan Taylor, Lovenkrands, Sol Campbell now. It even speaks volumes Shola Ameobi is important for you, Ameobi ? For years he's been a bench player and that was all, we all know he's an inconsistent underperforming clown who has never used his physical strength correctly. He's now a first team player ? Ameobi, and no sign of replacing him with better ? Fuck off man.

If this team is going to go further forward, like you are claiming, then now is the time to show that they want to do it by making a signing or two to show it to everybody. Like it or not, these sort of signings matter, they are important, they are statements of intent and raise the profile of the club to everybody. It's all about getting the balance right, too many big signings and you get egos, too many bargains and you aren't good enough. We are the 3rd biggest club in the country, punch our weight and act like it.

Leazes theres so much crap in that post I hardly no where to start.

If they can unearth players like Tiote and Ben Arfa in the "bargain market".....Marvellous.

The players you list wouldnt even get in our best first team and will no doubt be upgraded as we go along.

Where did I say Ameobi was important to me??????? I can only assume this is why you have your reputation of making things up.

"We are the 3rd biggest club". We are also the 3rd biggest spenders so far in January :angry:

I think most people know that summer is the best time to get good players in. January is panic time and Im pleased we seem to be resisting some of the shit we keep getting linked with.

I only read the first page before I started adding my two penneth worth, so maybe what I'm going to say has already been posted?

There is a possibility, of course, that this hogwash was 'leaked' to the Bun by Dekka in the full knowledge that no bid would be accepted, thus potentially putting LardAsh and Dekka in a shining light (ahead of the season ticket offer/renewals etc)?

Just a thoughty. Yes, a thoughty.

I only read the first page before I started adding my two penneth worth, so maybe what I'm going to say has already been posted?

There is a possibility, of course, that this hogwash was 'leaked' to the Bun by Dekka in the full knowledge that no bid would be accepted, thus potentially putting LardAsh and Dekka in a shining light (ahead of the season ticket offer/renewals etc)?

Just a thoughty. Yes, a thoughty.

Another life boat for the nay sayers.........What have you done snakey, what have you done.... :lol:

We are moving forward under Ashley albeit slowly. But the signs however small and however it's spun have been generally good over the last year or so. He might remain unpredictable, but the wage structure and buying young players has remanined the order of the day. Think everyone on here can see that. It's where Spurs were about 5 or so years ago. Don't think we will sell any key players this window.

Understatement but then I don't know if it's possible to overstate it tbf. Very much agree with the post in the context of transfer policy though (I don't know how you begin to look at management recruitment on the other hand, because it's been horrendous). My criticism of him stems entirely from the fact you honestly cannot trust his next whim at all (Mac-Toon's criticism essentially). Others however seem to be entirely focussed on things not happening quickly enough with big money transfers and this accounts for their criticism. Fortunately for those in the latter camp Leazes has promised a take over in the first couple months of the year so that could change things on that score, but if it does I'd like to see the more root and branch improvements of club ethos being continued and not sacrificed on the altar of colour coded Audi R8's.

Edited by manc-mag

Understatement but then I don't know if it's possible to overstate it tbf. Very much agree with the post in the context of transfer policy though (I don't know how you begin to look at management recruitment on the other hand, because it's been horrendous). My criticism of him stems entirely from the fact you honestly cannot trust his next whim at all (Mac-Toon's criticism essentially). Others however seem to be entirely focussed on things not happening quickly enough with big money transfers and this accounts for their criticism. Fortunately for those in the latter camp Leazes has promised a take over in the first couple months of the year so that could change things on that score, but if it does I'd like to see the more root and branch improvements of club ethos being continued and not sacrificed on the altar of colour coded Audi R8's.

Yup.

Guest Your Name Here
The one thing I'll say is if the FCB was bold enough to lift this pathetic media blackout and actually say himself what is going on, maybe we wouldn't all be calling eachother mongs and what have ye. Pardew, and I'll give him respect for it has come out and said he won't be leaving but that means nothing to the reality of the situation.

This is how I'd simplify the situation;

Carroll's class, Spurs have plenty money to spend and are in a better and more willing state to offer players what they want i.e lowie and high standard football. This is at the moment btw, I know they've normally had their end of season party by now but they do have a very very good squad. I don't particularly like Spurs but I like how they've grown as a club on and off the pitch in recent years. Players see this aswell, I'd assume. We're a massive club, amazing fans, the works but we aren't in a position to challenge the top4, which I personally think Spurs can. Sad, but it's true at the moment.

What helps us in comparison to say Bent leaving them bamps is that he's got the club in his heart and seems a down to earth lad who knows he's at a club he dreamed of playing for. I doubt it'd be a massive lure to want to play for spurs which would drive him to leave, and more the will to achieve. He will be Englands long term number9 and in this day and age these types of player will always generate massive interest worldwide.

Maybe he will stay, maybe he'll leave but I'd guarantee if it's not spurs coming in now, it'll be a bigger club in the summer or next summer .. This will test Ashleys resolve and give an indication of our future if it's shown we accept or reject said 'bid'.

Good post in some respects but the bit in bold, if FMA was looking at it from a business perspective and he's the country's number 9 for years, surely it would be better to wait 3 or 4 years to cash in. £25m isn't that much in modern football, when you look at Kaka who's been finished 3 years went for £57m.

That's what I mean though mate, it'll test the resolve of Ashley and I think he's the type who knows how to work a deal and take risks but when that money's dangled in front of his dish he mightn't want to risk it never coming again.

Surely it would be better to wait I agree, everyone would agree, but I just don't trust him and don't believe what people are saying about he wouldn't do it because of the potential 'backlash from the fans' cos we aal naa he couldn't give a monkeys what we think. This rumour'll run forever tbh, cos he's so good and we can't trust the owner given his previous.

Great for us fans, eh!

I'll say it again though, this media blackout's fucking ridiculous for the transparancy of what their plans are etc. Whilst we just sit and pray.

Thing is though Mac, most posters on here have been shouting for the last 2 years for them to shut the fuck up as they kept dropping major clangers. They did.

Whether you believe them or not, I think they have previously stated the plans and havent really veered off them.

This year is about survival which will dramatically improve the clubs finances

We are going to steadily build the team by buying / developing young talent that can grow with the club.

Trophy signings on silly money are a thing of the past.

Our best players wont be sold.

Andy Carroll wont be sold.

Im not sure what else you would like to hear.

What the long term target is? Is it getting back into the top four and challenging for honours, or is it paying back FMA’s loans and the selling up.

Think most would be happy with either. :lol:

In the last 50 years we have had a brief spell of flirtation with the top four. Most of those 50 years we have been outside it.

I am realistic to know that going from 6th 7th or 8th to the top four is a massive ask. Im just happy to be progressing in the right direction after all we have been through over the last few years.

Long term targets are bollocks anyway as they can be influenced by so many other things.

Do you really think we can compete realistically on a financial point of view with Man City? Of course we cant.

Will more arabs enter the prem? Probably.

The 90's were a very special time and we made the most of them. Unfortunately Shepherd didnt have the nouse to build on them and secure our position in the top 4.

Forget targets, enjoy our resurgence and lets just see where we end up.

It’s taken the best part of three years for FMA to get the club a couple of places of higher in league than when he took over, in which time our debts have rocketed. It’s a bit premature to talk about the club making progress.

I’d agree that targets are subject to changing circumstances but to have no long term objective equates to being a rudderless ship.

Nah, they haven't.

Yes they have.

The one thing I'll say is if the FCB was bold enough to lift this pathetic media blackout and actually say himself what is going on, maybe we wouldn't all be calling eachother mongs and what have ye. Pardew, and I'll give him respect for it has come out and said he won't be leaving but that means nothing to the reality of the situation.

Carroll's class, Spurs have plenty money to spend and are in a better and more willing state to offer players what they want i.e lowie and high standard football. This is at the moment btw, I know they've normally had their end of season party by now but they do have a very very good squad. I don't particularly like Spurs but I like how they've grown as a club on and off the pitch in recent years. Players see this aswell, I'd assume. We're a massive club, amazing fans, the works but we aren't in a position to challenge the top4, which I personally think Spurs can. Sad, but it's true at the moment.

What helps us in comparison to say Bent leaving them bamps is that he's got the club in his heart and seems a down to earth lad who knows he's at a club he dreamed of playing for. I doubt it'd be a massive lure to want to play for spurs which would drive him to leave, and more the will to achieve. He will be Englands long term number9 and in this day and age these types of player will always generate massive interest worldwide.

Maybe he will stay, maybe he'll leave but I'd guarantee if it's not spurs coming in now, it'll be a bigger club in the summer or next summer .. This will test Ashleys resolve and give an indication of our future if it's shown we accept or reject said 'bid'.

Good post in some respects but the bit in bold, if FMA was looking at it from a business perspective and he's the country's number 9 for years, surely it would be better to wait 3 or 4 years to cash in. £25m isn't that much in modern football, when you look at Kaka who's been finished 3 years went for £57m.

That's what I mean though mate, it'll test the resolve of Ashley and I think he's the type who knows how to work a deal and take risks but when that money's dangled in front of his dish he mightn't want to risk it never coming again.

Surely it would be better to wait I agree, everyone would agree, but I just don't trust him and don't believe what people are saying about he wouldn't do it because of the potential 'backlash from the fans' cos we aal naa he couldn't give a monkeys what we think. This rumour'll run forever tbh, cos he's so good and we can't trust the owner given his previous.

Great for us fans, eh!

I'll say it again though, this media blackout's fucking ridiculous for the transparancy of what their plans are etc. Whilst we just sit and pray.

Thing is though Mac, most posters on here have been shouting for the last 2 years for them to shut the fuck up as they kept dropping major clangers. They did.

Whether you believe them or not, I think they have previously stated the plans and havent really veered off them.

We are going to steadily build the team by buying / developing young talent that can grow with the club.

What the long term target is? Is it getting back into the top four and challenging for honours, or is it paying back FMA’s loans and the selling up.

In the last 50 years we have had a brief spell of flirtation with the top four. Most of those 50 years we have been outside it.

I am realistic to know that going from 6th 7th or 8th to the top four is a massive ask. Im just happy to be progressing in the right direction after all we have been through over the last few years.

Long term targets are bollocks anyway as they can be influenced by so many other things.

Do you really think we can compete realistically on a financial point of view with Man City? Of course we cant.

The 90's were a very special time and we made the most of them. Unfortunately Shepherd didnt have the nouse to build on them and secure our position in the top 4.

It’s taken the best part of three years for FMA to get the club a couple of places of higher in league than when he took over, in which time our debts have rocketed. It’s a bit premature to talk about the club making progress.

I’d agree that targets are subject to changing circumstances but to have no long term objective equates to being a rudderless ship.

Nah, they haven't.

Yes they have.

No, They really haven't.

Guest Your Name Here

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

It's THAT simple man.

If they can unearth players like Tiote and Ben Arfa in the "bargain market".....Marvellous.

The players you list wouldnt even get in our best first team and will no doubt be upgraded as we go along.

Where did I say Ameobi was important to me??????? I can only assume this is why you have your reputation of making things up.

"We are the 3rd biggest club". We are also the 3rd biggest spenders so far in January :angry:

I think most people know that summer is the best time to get good players in. January is panic time and Im pleased we seem to be resisting some of the shit we keep getting linked with.

True, but if the clubs around us strengthen and we don’t the possibility of slipping down the league increases. The bottom line is if we want to hang on to players like Carroll and Enrique the club is going to have to show some ambition. Quality players aren’t going to waste their careers at a mid table club earning far less than they could elsewhere.

We’ve done OK rummaging around the bargain bin but it’s a strategy that can only take us so far. If the club isn’t to stagnate into a mid table non-entity at some point we’ll have to invest serious money in squad building. The question is when/if we can expect this to happen.

Guest Your Name Here

Great for us fans, eh!

Nah, they haven't.

Yes they have.

No, They really haven't.

Got any figures to back that up?

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

It's THAT simple man.

True, but if the clubs around us strengthen and we don’t the possibility of slipping down the league increases. The bottom line is if we want to hang on to players like Carroll and Enrique the club is going to have to show some ambition. Quality players aren’t going to waste their careers at a mid table club earning far less than they could elsewhere.

We’ve done OK rummaging around the bargain bin but it’s a strategy that can only take us so far. If the club isn’t to stagnate into a mid table non-entity at some point we’ll have to invest serious money in squad building. The question is when/if we can expect this to happen

exactly. This is so obvious, and how some don't get it, is mind boggling.

Edited by LeazesMag

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

Why should people eat humble pie for being concerned about what our unpredictable owner will do next. You have such a weird outlook. You're like the bloke who likes to point out to his neighbor that your car is the model up from his.

Claiming the deals already done, not concern.

And ASM's right, your jokes are shit.

what a fucking pair you two are. Shite patter, shite WUMs made for each other.

My point still remains, us and Spurs know whats what, whether we're willing to sell and if so, what price. If we're not willing to part at any price then Spurs know that and wont bother bidding.