Blackpool manager gets a cut from transfer fee proffitts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/9378165.stm

Blackpool insist a clause in boss Ian Holloway's contract stating he is due a percentage of any transfer fee from the sale of Charlie Adam is insignificant.

Tangerines chairman Keith Oyston agreed the clause, which does not contravene any regulations, with Holloway when he took over as manager in May 2009.

Oyston said: "This is insubstantial and insignificant. There is no situation."

Holloway has denied the clause means he is holding out for a higher price for midfielder Adam to boost his bonus.

Blackpool's influential skipper has attracted bids from Liverpool, Aston Villa and Birmingham during the January transfer window, with Holloway particularly critical of the £4m bid from the Reds for his 25-year-old Scotland international.

The 47-year-old is keen to keep Adam, who has handed in a transfer request, at Bloomfield Road.

surely anybody with one eye, one arm, one leg and half a brain can see Charlie Adam is a fantastic footballer who is worth more than £4m.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway

However, he stressed that any transfer cut he would be due, would be tiny in comparison to the bonus he would receive for keeping Blackpool in the Premier League.

He told the Sun: "My chairman looked at my record of producing players and selling them on and he wanted that at Blackpool.

"And I was sick and fed up of getting nothing... so he agreed a certain figure. But I'm on a far bigger bonus to keep us in the Premier League.

"And surely anybody with one eye, one arm, one leg and half a brain can see Charlie Adam is a fantastic footballer who is worth more than £4m.

"If you're saying I'm doing this because I'm getting 20-30% of the Adam money I'll not be very happy - it's miles away, absolute nonsense.

"I bought a frustrated kid from Rangers, we bought him very wisely, and in 18 months we've gone from 16th in the Championship to 12th in the Premier League with his help."

Adam, who joined then Championship side Blackpool in August 2009 from Scottish Premier League side Rangers for £500,000 will have 12 months remaining on his contract in the summer

I think its right n all. He will be on probs the lowest salary in the premier league and probs was in the championship as well. If he brings players in trains them then the club makes a huge profit he should get a cut, it's no different to a salesman on commission. But for Holloway, the club would not have charlie adam, would not be in the prem, and therefore would not be considering even £5m never mind £15m. He desrves every penny of his bonus in my book, its not like he has much chance of a cup winning bonus like is it?

Theres a clear potential conflict of interest between club and manager if you're going to give your manager a percentage on sale of players as there surely must be some incentive to flog players for profit but to the detriment of the team (club). That said if the club wants to agree those very terms with it's own employee then it's entirely it's own affair.

Blackpool insist a clause in boss Ian Holloway's contract stating he is due a percentage of any transfer fee from the sale of Charlie Adam is insignificant.

Tangerines chairman Keith Oyston agreed the clause, which does not contravene any regulations, with Holloway when he took over as manager in May 2009.

Oyston said: "This is insubstantial and insignificant. There is no situation."

Not in Toughguys eyes. ;)

Oyston said: "I THINK THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!!"

Oyston said: "I THINK THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!!"

;) Always get their attention.