Post an embarrassing picture of yourself

Dr Gloom

Alex down the Quayside drinking Skittles. Like some bizarre parallel Newcastle.

The Quayside is for tourists, hen neets and mugs. Anyone who is 10 years over the adult drinking age can surely see that?

Where do you drink Stevie?

Round the Central station generally, top end reasonably often. How about you?

Don't go out that much nowadays, but when I do I wouldn't rule out the quayside - what's wrong with it? Quite often go to the Crown Posada. The Forth is the only place I go to near central I think, but it's usually too busy. Sometimes I might head off to Jesmond or Ouseburn as well, or just go to Tynemouth (where I live).

In terms of clientelle the worst bar round the Central.

I wouldn't quite go that far but it attracts some proper nerbs and cernts like.

Well you have two opposite ends of the Spectrum with there and Rafferty's like.

Rafferty's is a funny place. Alright for a couple of pints like. You're right though, poles apart. I think of the places round there I hate the ones like Destination and Coco Vs the most. They're basically dumps but think they're something. The Forth makes an effort with the booze they sell but attracts psuedo-arty wankers at the same time.

Perhaps an attraction for Renton? To be honest the gay bars along from the Central are good too, much better than the Quayside, as long as you're not homophobic.

Aye Rafferty's is funny, they're not all dregs, and the manageress has the biggest tits in any bar in Newcastle.

Dog and Parrot is canny.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Quayside is for tourists, hen neets and mugs. Anyone who is 10 years over the adult drinking age can surely see that?

Don't go out that much nowadays, but when I do I wouldn't rule out the quayside - what's wrong with it? Quite often go to the Crown Posada. The Forth is the only place I go to near central I think, but it's usually too busy. Sometimes I might head off to Jesmond or Ouseburn as well, or just go to Tynemouth (where I live).

Again, only really noticed the beer. Where's good around Central then?

O'Neill's, The Star, Revo, The Long Bar, Union Rooms, all cool imo. Even Gothams is areet I think gets a bad press.

Union rooms is excellent for a Weatherspoons, never tried the Long Bar, the others, I wouldn't ever consider. O'Neill's is your generic irish pub you see everywhere, the Star is full of bad uns, and Revolution surely is just for people on the pull. You can tell I'm old. ;)

Rafferty's is a funny place. Alright for a couple of pints like. You're right though, poles apart. I think of the places round there I hate the ones like Destination and Coco Vs the most. They're basically dumps but think they're something. The Forth makes an effort with the booze they sell but attracts psuedo-arty wankers at the same time.

That Destination is fucking rank ;) From the outside it looks like it could be canny but its a total dive inside. I was in the Freetrade the other day, still a canny little bar. Tries to be fuck all and I find you can just go in for a quiet pint. Not the place I'd go for a night out generally though. I like the telegraph as well. When I used to get to town more we'd go to Revolution and then the one up the ally next to it (cant remember its name) and then down to what was Jaks bar (and Po Na Na).

Perhaps an attraction for Renton? To be honest the gay bars along from the Central are good too, much better than the Quayside, as long as you're not homophobic.

Aye Rafferty's is funny, they're not all dregs, and the manageress has the biggest tits in any bar in Newcastle.

I'd hardly call myself pseudo-arty like, although people who are don't bother me much. The Fish is a canny lad after all.

Dog and Parrot is canny.

The Dog is better now. Used to be class then went a bit shit. Seems to be getting back to what it was.

Dog and Parrot is canny.

The Dog is better now. Used to be class then went a bit shit. Seems to be getting back to what it was.

It was a regular on the rounds for me late 80s/early 90s. Good to see it's still there tbh.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

That Destination is fucking rank ;) From the outside it looks like it could be canny but its a total dive inside. I was in the Freetrade the other day, still a canny little bar. Tries to be fuck all and I find you can just go in for a quiet pint. Not the place I'd go for a night out generally though. I like the telegraph as well. When I used to get to town more we'd go to Revolution and then the one up the ally next to it (cant remember its name) and then down to what was Jaks bar (and Po Na Na).

Ant and Dec are always in Destination whenever they're home seen them there 3 or 4 times over the past years. I don't think Destination is that bad in all honesty. I bet people on here drink in the Bigg Market still and just don't admit to it :lol:

Dog and Parrot is canny.

Agree watched some of the WC there. Argentina v Germany being one of the games, and bizarely there was two krauts in there during it. Happy little Helmut's they were, understandably.

I didn't even like the Bigg Market when I was a teenager. It used to depress the fuck out of me. Not because I thought I was above it, I just hated it. I've rarely felt so alone (in a bad way) than when I've been out with a big group of people there.

Edited by alex

Ant and Dec are always in Destination whenever they're home seen them there 3 or 4 times over the past years. I don't think Destination is that bad in all honesty. I bet people on here drink in the Bigg Market still and just don't admit to it :lol:

Only been once in my entire life, with the exception of the Old George. Hideous place.

Dog and Parrot is canny.

Agree watched some of the WC there. Argentina v Germany being one of the games, and bizarely there was two krauts in there during it. Happy little Helmut's they were, understandably.

;)

Only been once in my entire life, with the exception of the Old George. Hideous place.

When you're 16-19 you know no better though. Beehive is areet for your older bloke, and I used to love the Printers Pie, altho off the beaten track, what's it noo Fleet Street?

I know what you mean Alex, some places like Robinsons, it was literally impossible to have a conversation because it was so loud. My first few times to the BM I thought is this it like. Had some happy memories there eventually, but it's canny seedy looking back. I remember being in "Kiss" and the DJ was on the big podium at the top, and the game was who's got the biggest tits, and who's got the biggest cock, judged for by how loud the cheer was for a free bottle of champagne. People would get up and drop their strides, funny looking back.

I know what you mean Alex, some places like Robinsons, it was literally impossible to have a conversation because it was so loud. My first few times to the BM I thought is this it like. Had some happy memories there eventually, but it's canny seedy looking back. I remember being in "Kiss" and the DJ was on the big podium at the top, and the game was who's got the biggest tits, and who's got the biggest cock, judged for by how loud the cheer was for a free bottle of champagne. People would get up and drop their strides, funny looking back.

;) Shampagne more like :lol:

I sound like a right little Smiths-loving wall flower (I did like the Smiths though) but I used to go, and like you say not even be able to talk to anyone, not really like the place or the music and stand there smoking like a chimney and getting mortal just for something to take my mind off it. Stopped going but it was madness really. I was too easily coerced into going to works do's etc.

Ant and Dec are always in Destination whenever they're home seen them there 3 or 4 times over the past years. I don't think Destination is that bad in all honesty. I bet people on here drink in the Bigg Market still and just don't admit to it ;)

Oh aye, I used to drink in the big market when I was in my early-mid 20's. Late teens to early 20's Id drink up the top end, broken doll, dog, farmers, percy and the like. But when I was out on the pull and off my head I'd be in Maceys then that one opposite which had the room at the back then masters, then we'd go up to Saturdays and then into Walkers / Planet Earth. When that closed Legends. Then as I started to hate the big market I went to the quayside. Can't stand either now. But then now I prefer a good pint and a laugh over dropping an acid and trying to score :lol:

Ant and Dec are always in Destination whenever they're home seen them there 3 or 4 times over the past years. I don't think Destination is that bad in all honesty. I bet people on here drink in the Bigg Market still and just don't admit to it :love:

Oh aye, I used to drink in the big market when I was in my early-mid 20's. Late teens to early 20's Id drink up the top end, broken doll, dog, farmers, percy and the like. But when I was out on the pull and off my head I'd be in Maceys then that one opposite which had the room at the back then masters, then we'd go up to Saturdays and then into Walkers / Planet Earth. When that closed Legends. Then as I started to hate the big market I went to the quayside. Can't stand either now. But then now I prefer a good pint and a laugh over dropping an acid and trying to score ;)

Just reading this, thinking about teens and early 20's, the toon was a fuckin wank night out :lol: It is actually better now, but you don't realise what a shit night out it is till you go out in London, all this 8th best party city in the world ;) what a load of pish. Glasgow's a much better night out than the toon too.

:blush: Shampagne more like :angry:

I sound like a right little Smiths-loving wall flower (I did like the Smiths though) but I used to go, and like you say not even be able to talk to anyone, not really like the place or the music and stand there smoking like a chimney and getting mortal just for something to take my mind off it. Stopped going but it was madness really. I was too easily coerced into going to works do's etc.

Relate to all of that other than the Smith's bit. Strangely enough I used to love Central Park and Dobson's which were similar bars but out the way of the BM.

Saw Raffertys got a mention, anyone else get in there regularly on matchdays? ;)

Been in loads of times cos its convenient but no plans to again in the near future like, gets too full after the game though, was in there after the Liverpool game though cos that's where the lads were going for a change. Did you see me like? We usually stand at the back steps. Canny pint of Guinness it must be said.

Saw Raffertys got a mention, anyone else get in there regularly on matchdays? :lol:

Been in loads of times cos its convenient but no plans to again in the near future like, gets too full after the game though, was in there after the Liverpool game though cos that's where the lads were going for a change. Did you see me like? We usually stand at the back steps. Canny pint of Guinness it must be said.

Not spotted you so far. ;) I'm in there before most home games and sometimes after as it's a piece of piss to get served and the lads like the offers on bottles. Certainly get some characters in there mind.