Drink wise.

Park Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your limit these days?

And is there a combo or one drink that always sends you over the edge?

as much as you are buying oh Elf Meister

Edited by Rob W

The quality of the stuff you drink makes a canny difference. Didn't have loads on the works do and went home early-ish but I felt ropey the next morning after drinking pints of shitty draught lager down the Quayside.

What's your limit these days?

And is there a combo or one drink that always sends you over the edge?

After losing my wallet and getting done for drunk and disorderly in the space of a month, I think I maybe need to re-evaluate my drinking limit, especially going on shorts after 6-7 pints.

I can't drink cold tea anymore. 3 or 4 pints and I'm normally on my way. By 7 I'm not good to anybody. Always had a low threshold to drink but it's never stopped me pushing the parameters when I go out.

I'm more the type who gans to my local, have 4 or 5, abrakebabra then hyem to babestation. Sorry, I mean the wife.

Depends what I'm drinking really. Also my limit is often partly determined by how tired I am or aren't. Drinking when I'm tired doesn't get me drunk, just makes me more fatigued and occasionally ill. I try to make sure I eat properly before I start drinking too.

My tolerance levels for bad beer/ale are pretty low these days.

A good night's drinking involves some quality spirits, the occasional glass of water between drinks and the odd pint.

I drink to enjoy / relax these days. At my happiest in a beert garden with 3-4 pints. Any more and I'll hit shorts. Odd bottle of wine in the house (wife doesnt really drink).

i can petty drink as much as i want all night until i pass out these days, especially if there's a little chemical assistance to prolong drinking time kicking around.

the flip side is i get the worst hangovers of my life. when i was a nipper, if i drank more than 6 or 7 pint, i'd end up spewing. these days, i never throw up but i get these holocaust hangovers - splittign headaches, nausea and the runs for a solid 8 hours the next day

I can't drink cold tea anymore. 3 or 4 pints and I'm normally on my way. By 7 I'm not good to anybody. Always had a low threshold to drink but it's never stopped me pushing the parameters when I go out.

I'm more the type who gans to my local, have 4 or 5, abrakebabra then hyem to babestation. Sorry, I mean the wife.

:icon_lol:

Reminds of a tale about the Father-in-law when I was going out with the wife.

The wife still lived at home and they'd just got telewest in. Her and her mother had been dying to see this film on UK Living called, (I think), 'Who will love my children?' It was basically one of these true life weepy films for split arses. Anyway, it was always on about eleven and the mother wouldn't stay up to watch it, so trying to get into the good books, I set up their video to link it with the cable channel. So, job done, it's all sorted to tape channel 6 which was the cable channel at eleven o'clock. Anyway, next time I go to the house to see wor lass the father-in-law is getting called 'Tuggo'.

The wife and mother-in-law sat down to watch it the next day, and after an hour of watching the emotional dilemna of a woman with terminal cancer trying to set up her husband with a perfect surogate mother for her kids, the channel then gets changed and some lass starts getting her tits oot on the Adult Channel freeview! Unbeknownst to father-in-law, horny prospective son-in-law has set up the video to get in the good books so in he comes, not a care in the world, pissed, at five to twelve with the remote in his hand and a gleam in his eye, not knowing the stick he's got coming to him the next day. Ouch! :D

I drink to enjoy / relax these days. At my happiest in a beert garden with 3-4 pints. Any more and I'll hit shorts. Odd bottle of wine in the house (wife doesnt really drink).

That's kinda where I am and want to stay.

But if the drink is free than I go mad, can't help it...Silly really.

:rolleyes:

Reminds of a tale about the Father-in-law when I was going out with the wife.

The wife still lived at home and they'd just got telewest in. Her and her mother had been dying to see this film on UK Living called, (I think), 'Who will love my children?' It was basically one of these true life weepy films for split arses. Anyway, it was always on about eleven and the mother wouldn't stay up to watch it, so trying to get into the good books, I set up their video to link it with the cable channel. So, job done, it's all sorted to tape channel 6 which was the cable channel at eleven o'clock. Anyway, next time I go to the house to see wor lass the father-in-law is getting called 'Tuggo'.

The wife and mother-in-law sat down to watch it the next day, and after an hour of watching the emotional dilemna of a woman with terminal cancer trying to set up her husband with a perfect surogate mother for her kids, the channel then gets changed and some lass starts getting her tits oot on the Adult Channel freeview! Unbeknownst to father-in-law, horny prospective son-in-law has set up the video to get in the good books so in he comes, not a care in the world, pissed, at five to twelve with the remote in his hand and a gleam in his eye, not knowing the stick he's got coming to him the next day. Ouch! :icon_lol:

:D

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

If I drink slow I can drink from dinner time till midnight. However if it's at 2.5 pint an hour pace probably 10 pints. I usually stay with Guinness/lager for about 6 pints when I'm out then move on to wine/shorts these days though. What is certain, I'm no beer monster anymore, I remember the Cup Final in the 90s drank from 430am on the Sat morning to 2am on the Sunday with only a break for the match itself, couldn't do that now. Woke up with me sisters pal on top of me, fully clothed I may add.

I'm not a brilliant drinker these days, I'd say 10, max 12 pints and I'm fucked generally.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I can drink whiskey all night and I'll probably be fine but get me on shit draught lager as Alex says and I'm anyones.

Same has to be a single malt though. None of this Bells/Famous Grouse pish awful stuff.

Boxing day just gone was out for 11am, first jagerbomb in Yate's at half 11 then full steam ahead drinking all fuckin' sorts, only slowing down for the game at 3, didn't get back into the room till 3am. I'm having some right wreckers lately, I surprised I've been able to keep pace because I barely even drank for the majority of last year, just now and then.