Your three favourite albums of all time

Tooj

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't pick 3 so I'll do Rock albums:

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic: great musicians and really mixed it up because they were all from different musical backgrounds. Plus the title track is a great rock guitar solo

Wired - Jeff Beck: I play the guitar; I like guitar music; Jeff Beck is one of the best rock guitarists ever.

Electric Ladyland - Hendrix: Don't get any better when it comes to rock music.

Someone should do a top 3 Zappa list, I've only heard Hot Rats, Apostrophe, Sheik Yerbouti, Grand Wazoo, and a bit of Joe's Garage.

Remember hearing my brother play that an awful lot!

Actually I should take it off and replace it with Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

I just put Beck on because I'm a guitar nut; musically that is a better album.

I have no idea about your age or owt (Dr Gloom) but I just can't imagine you listening to hip hop, even if it is ATCQ. ;)

why not? i'm only 33 - not that much of an old fart yet :( .

No idea mate, totally judged on your posts on the football side of things I think. :razz:

Oh, forgot:

Kanye_West_My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_album_cover.jpg

and probably...

late-registration.jpg

and...

51YpFcHrX9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kanye. :wank:

Can't pick 3 so I'll do Rock albums:

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic: great musicians and really mixed it up because they were all from different musical backgrounds. Plus the title track is a great rock guitar solo

Wired - Jeff Beck: I play the guitar; I like guitar music; Jeff Beck is one of the best rock guitarists ever.

Electric Ladyland - Hendrix: Don't get any better when it comes to rock music.

Someone should do a top 3 Zappa list, I've only heard Hot Rats, Apostrophe, Sheik Yerbouti, Grand Wazoo, and a bit of Joe's Garage.

Outstanding choices. Not sure i can do 3.

I have no idea about your age or owt (Dr Gloom) but I just can't imagine you listening to hip hop, even if it is ATCQ. :wank:

Straight Outta Compton would be my hip hop choice.

a classic. i'm also a big fan of the rather underrated efil4zaggin

I have no idea about your age or owt (Dr Gloom) but I just can't imagine you listening to hip hop, even if it is ATCQ. ;)

why not? i'm only 33 - not that much of an old fart yet :( .

No idea mate, totally judged on your posts on the football side of things I think. :razz:

Oh, forgot:

Kanye_West_My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_album_cover.jpg

and probably...

late-registration.jpg

and...

51YpFcHrX9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kanye. :wank:

i'm not a big kanye fan but the new album is pretty sweet. i've got a belting dnb bootleg of golddigger too on 12".

I have no idea about your age or owt (Dr Gloom) but I just can't imagine you listening to hip hop, even if it is ATCQ. :wank:

Straight Outta Compton would be my hip hop choice.

a classic. i'm also a big fan of the rather underrated efil4zaggin

Alwayz into somethin. ;)

Was trying to think of my 3 favourite American Blues albums, but at the time a lot of those artists recorded LPs hadn't come into fashion so I mostly listen to best-of collections.

Can't go wrong with the Muddy Waters Chess Box CD 1947-1972, and that's 3 cds so there you go. Throw in a best-of Howling Wolf for good measure. Albert King also did some records with Stax with Steve Cropper on rhythm guitar, some cracking material.

You should have stopped after posting up The Game's album.

Worthy of an account deletion.

It's an album I can listen to all the way through, not his best stuff but overall I love the album. :wank:

I have to say when I think of Miles, Bitches Brew stands out as his best album for me.

I love Kind of Blue, but In A Silent Way is a close second.

His recording of Concerto di Aranjuez (sp) is amazing, but I have to be in the right fettle ( same for Bitches Brew for me).

Was trying to think of my 3 favourite American Blues albums, but at the time a lot of those artists recorded LPs hadn't come into fashion so I mostly listen to best-of collections.

Can't go wrong with the Muddy Waters Chess Box CD 1947-1972, and that's 3 cds so there you go. Throw in a best-of Howling Wolf for good measure. Albert King also did some records with Stax with Steve Cropper on rhythm guitar, some cracking material.

Started doing classic blues playlists recently. Lightnin Hopkins (Mojo Hand), John Lee Hooker (Boogie Chillin), Sonny Boy Williamson (Bring it on home) etc. Mainly off compilations. Live 69 is my favourite Albert King album but thats not really an album in the traditional sense either.

Am a big fan of the trumpet ( :wank: ) Miles Davis is probably my favourite. I played my daughter Flamenco Sketches off Kind of Blue and it appeared to make her cry. Happened a further 2 times, have no idea if it was the trumpet or not. Weird scenes but a top album.

2571.jpg