Your three favourite albums of all time

Tooj

To kick on from Stevie's thread about films.

Feel free to be genre specific. :wank:

I'll start the ball rolling with this one. (As it's a definite, whereas others change on a daily basis)

stoneroses_.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did something like this once beofre and it was just as hard then!

Led Zep-The song remains the same.

Pink Floyd-Delicate sound of thunder

U2-The Unforgettable fire.

But honestly, 3 is stingy! I'd also want albums from Radiohead, Metallica, Muse, QOTSA, Athlete and Def Leppard in there!

I think this one is probably easier for me than the movie one even though i'm a huge music fan.

If i could only ever hear 3 albums again i'd go for

The Pixies - Doolittle

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Radiohead - The Bends (as much as i love ok computer and pablo honey, high & dry is one of my favs of all time)

some gooduns in there. im struggling to get my top 20 down to 3 like

But honestly, 3 is stingy! I'd also want albums from Radiohead, Metallica, Muse, QOTSA, Athlete and Def Leppard in there!

The live version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond really is spine tingling stuff.

Aw I love that song, you have to be in the right mood though :wank:

Aw I love that song, you have to be in the right mood though :wank:

spliff.gif

Aw I love that song, you have to be in the right mood though :razz:

spliff.gif

:wank: Nah I've never liked that stuff! Tried all sorts when I was young but hate not to feel in control....yes, I am a control freak ;)

Aw I love that song, you have to be in the right mood though ;)

spliff.gif

:wank: exactly what I was thinking

i'm going to have to break it down by my favourite genres i'm afraid. just can't pick a top 3 of everything

indy

stone roses - stone roses

pavement - slanted and enchanted

the smiths - queen is dead

classics

pink floyd - dark side of the moon

the beatles - revolver

marvyn gaye - what's going on

hip hop

tribe called quest - midnight marauders

wu tang clan - 36 chambers

nas - illmatic

dance

coldcut - journeys by dj (not sure if this counts as it's a mixtape, not original material but still a work of art)

prodigy - experience

roni size reprazent - new forms

Edited by Dr Gloom

Floyd is one band I've never been able to like, and one that people always assume that i do, and going on my taste etc i really should.

No idea why but another brick in the wall and money especially i can't stand, something from hearing them when i was a kid i think lol

smoke a bunch of weed then listen to dark side of the moon. it'll change everything

Edited by Dr Gloom

Crikey. I'm picturing this as a "desert island discs", so I'd want a bit of variety in there.

Well, there'd have to be something by Waits, I suppose "Rain Dogs" is the obvious one but I'd miss his more conventional stuff and it'd be hard to do without "Blue Valentine" or "Heartattack and Vine".

Then I'll have any album with an Ashkenazy recording of Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1 on it.

And let's take Therapy?'s "Troublegum" as the third pick, just for old time's sake. :wank:

well I've picked my top 3. But here are a few others that I easily could have chosen

Athlete-Tourist

QOTSA-Lullabies To Paralyze

Clannad-Legends

Blondie-Parallel lines

Led Zep-Houses of the Holy

Muse-Absolution

Def Leppard-On through the night and High and Dry

GnR-Appetite for destruction

Counting crows-August and everything after

Radiohead-The Bends

Metallica-Master of Puppets

Floyd is one band I've never been able to like, and one that people always assume that i do, and going on my taste etc i really should.

No idea why but another brick in the wall and money especially i can't stand, something from hearing them when i was a kid i think lol

Dislike those too!

Can't pick 3 so I'll do Rock albums:

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic: great musicians and really mixed it up because they were all from different musical backgrounds. Plus the title track is a great rock guitar solo

Wired - Jeff Beck: I play the guitar; I like guitar music; Jeff Beck is one of the best rock guitarists ever.

Electric Ladyland - Hendrix: Don't get any better when it comes to rock music.

Someone should do a top 3 Zappa list, I've only heard Hot Rats, Apostrophe, Sheik Yerbouti, Grand Wazoo, and a bit of Joe's Garage.

Can't pick 3 so I'll do Rock albums:

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic: great musicians and really mixed it up because they were all from different musical backgrounds. Plus the title track is a great rock guitar solo

Wired - Jeff Beck: I play the guitar; I like guitar music; Jeff Beck is one of the best rock guitarists ever.

Electric Ladyland - Hendrix: Don't get any better when it comes to rock music.

Someone should do a top 3 Zappa list, I've only heard Hot Rats, Apostrophe, Sheik Yerbouti, Grand Wazoo, and a bit of Joe's Garage.

Remember hearing my brother play that an awful lot!

I have no idea about your age or owt (Dr Gloom) but I just can't imagine you listening to hip hop, even if it is ATCQ. :wank:

why not? i'm only 33 - not that much of an old fart yet ;) .

i started mixing hip hop and drum n bass and played out a bit at house parties and student bars when i was a student then put nights on when i first moved down to london. went to plenty of hip hop parties and big raves back in the day - mainly dnb - and even now my ipod playlists are mainly made up of old school hip hop.

bit out of touch these days. stopped buying records ages ago and my decks sit on top of the shelves collecting dust now. all the kids dj crap i don't really get like grime and dubstep using mp3s on their laptops these days. not really for the purists but beats lugging record boxes around i guess. i did see jazzy jeff (best hip hop dj EVER!) play out using final scratch a couple of years ago. that was pretty jaw dropping, he was basically scratching and beat juggling with no 12"s in sight, just using computers and a bit of hardware....nuts.

Edited by Dr Gloom