Whats you definition of class?

Holden McGroin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know if the Toontastic General Chat thinktank can solve this one. :icon_lol:

on that note, I'm off to watch jersey shore!

it's so fucking terrible 7878.gif

any government interference is ultimately by force, what would happen if you were to ignore all legislation on the smoking ban and subsequent warnings?

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, the government directly or indirectly 'force' people into certain behaviours. What's wrong with that? What's the alternative, anarchy? I thought that went out after the 70s.

I've just said I'm in favour of progressive tax and social programs, not exactly an anarchist mindset? I'm highlighting just how big a stick government is, and supporting the idea of only using that stick where absolutely necessary, not just to force people into subscribing to your particular world view (or anyone's).

:icon_lol: Make that Happy Hardcore and you've nailed it.

As it stands, i'm the biggest middle class charver going. 'Loves cowies, tack, happy house and Voltaire'.

You transcend such labels tbh.

:icon_lol: Make that Happy Hardcore and you've nailed it.

As it stands, i'm the biggest middle class charver going. 'Loves cowies, tack, happy house and Voltaire'.

ryan-oneal-2-sized.jpg

"What can you say about Chez? That he loved cowies, tack, happy house, Mozart and Bach, the Beatles and me"

You know what the worst thing is about my description? In my youth I could have qualified for some of it :icon_lol:

I used to stand on the street corner supping a bottle of cider (hate the stuff now). Though when I moved on to Aceeeeed, we didnt drink as much. Used to like the odd spliff as well. Thats nowt to do with being a charver though, I think much of it is attitude. A shit one at that.

Edited by JawD

Class is easy to define if you take for example observing a fox in your garden......if you call your children over to take a look at a wild mammal at close quarters, take picures of it and send them into Blue Peter then you're middle class....if you go outside and beat the fucker to death with a shovel then make soup out of it then you're working class ;)

Read Fankie Boyles book over xmas :wank:

No such thing as working class these days, in the old sense of the term anyway, not when dole wallers can afford Sky and a 42' flat screen. Class is a subjective term though, I know plenty of poor people with more morals/intelligence than a lot of well off people who are thick as 2 short planks/cunts.

• 3 months later...