Whats you definition of class?

Holden McGroin

And what category would you put yourself in?

I reckon working but my mates reckon I'm middle class.

The line is blurry though.

Note: Typo in title by the way. "your" not "you" :huff:

Edited by Holden McGroin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upbringing for the most part and how comfortable you are with the definition.

I still consider myself working class despite a decent level of material wealth - I think if I had kids though they'd probably be middle class - I think that's common.

I remember someone I used to hang around with as a kid saying his ambition was "to be middle class by the time I'm 30" - unsurprisingly he was a fucking wanker.

Painfully middle-class. Two generations back and my dad's lot were shipbuilding in the East End while my mam's lot were market gardeners in small-town Sweden, but that means sod-all when you're brought up as a Gosforth silver-spooner.

Working class upbringing but middle class now.

btw, it astonishes me how many wannabe 'working class' people there are. ffs, they're sitting there in their brand new flash bmw with their weekend porsche on the drive of their 5 bedroom house behind them but they reckon they're still 'working class' Fuckin mugs.

Just gets up my nose a bit is all.............

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Working class upbringing but middle class now.

btw, it astonishes me how many wannabe 'working class' people there are. ffs, they're sitting there in their brand new flash bmw with their weekend porsche on the drive of their 5 bedroom house behind them but they reckon they're still 'working class' Fuckin mugs.

Just gets up my nose a bit is all.............

Scum. I define 80% of people as working class by the way 10% are the upper crust of working class and are defined as middle class often snobby cunts who forget where they've come from, and the other 10% are upper class generic posh cunts.

Real middle class people tend to have crappier cars than the upwardly mobile working class.

Someone like Oliver Reid you could define as middle class, or Michael Caine in Educating Rita, heed the baals come in all walks of life and with varying intelligence levels.

didn't hit a nerve with my mention of middle class nonces in that other thread did I? :huff:

I don't think you ever really get away from your roots, so working class.

then again I think a lot of what I define middle class as, is trying desperately to look like you're better than others (materially I guess?), which plenty of working class types aspire to, so fuck knows what I think

didn't hit a nerve with my mention of middle class nonces in that other thread did I? :icon_lol:

Thats what prompted my thinking. I reckon most of the currently are middle class these days - no matter what they think they actually are.

Then again, that depends on the definition.

didn't hit a nerve with my mention of middle class nonces in that other thread did I? :icon_lol:

Thats what prompted my thinking. I reckon most of the currently are middle class these days - no matter what they think they actually are.

Then again, that depends on the definition.

Aye good point. You want to start a thread asking what the definition of class is tbh.

Real middle class people tend to have crappier cars than the upwardly mobile working class.

Someone like Oliver Reid you could define as middle class, or Michael Caine in Educating Rita, heed the baals come in all walks of life and with varying intelligence levels.

Reed is deffo middle class but Caine has a whiff of working class about him.

Reed is deffo middle class but Caine has a whiff of working class about him.

Aye "mar nyyme is Mikeuww Kyyne." His character in ER is very much middle class depressive alky though.