Gerry Rafferty

trophyshy

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I think it's fair to say Liverpool are the most hated team on here, and I've never been one to shirk a Liverpool abuse session anywhere.

However, the first time I went to Anfield, and I heard that song in the ground with his voice booming over the tannoy, sent shivers down my spine. I absolutely love the song as much as I hate Liverpool FC. Beautiful words.

RIP Gerry

;)

Listen to it and forget who it's alligned to.

People ALWAYS forget we used to sing this most games right up to the early 90's too.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Gerry Marsden's alive and kicking.

Wrong Gerry sorry. ;)

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

RIP, still love Baker St.

Bit of a stand against Gemmil is it.

Yeah, I thought a memorial thread would be the ideal place to attack the perceived Trente Posse hegemony blighting this forum.

When I was 16 my best mate and cousin were ( still are) musos. One night my cousin and I were staggering back from a session, music and booze and jazz tabs , and passed a lasses house who I'd been on/off with, but wanted to get back on.

My cousin whipped out his Sax and launched into the sax part of Baker St. at the top of her drive.

It was well,well after midnight- bedroom lights went on, curtains twitched and we got the "Pack that bloody racket in!" but he carried on playing till the end.

Next day at school the lass got back with me.

Thanks Gerry

RIP