Tiote v Batty.

Park Life

Batty was strange. A footballer who played at the highest level who 'doesn't like football'?? What's that all about?? Said he never watched any football when not playing and didn't have any interest in it. Strrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaange imo.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batty was strange. A footballer who played at the highest level who 'doesn't like football'?? What's that all about?? Said he never watched any football when not playing and didn't have any interest in it. Strrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaange imo.

He just preferred spending time with his family than watching Super Sunday. No big deal.

Isnt it just like being a cook that cant be bothered to make a meal for the family every night?? ;)

19:40 tomorrow night:

Mr Pardew: "Chiek, that West Ham player, Scott Parker, whenever he receives the ball he always does this pirouette before passing it."

Cheik Tiote: "Hokay, meeser boss. I look."

19:50 tomorrow night:

Parker gets the ball...BANG!!!!!

He just preferred spending time with his family than watching Super Sunday. No big deal.

Isnt it just like being a cook that cant be bothered to make a meal for the family every night?? :lol:

No. Blokes who don't like football = weird. Footballers who don't like football = wwwwwwwweeeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrddddd! ;)

Isnt it just like being a cook that cant be bothered to make a meal for the family every night?? :icon_lol:

No. Blokes who don't like football = weird. Footballers who don't like football = wwwwwwwweeeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrddddd! ;)

:lol:

I bet it happens quite a lot though. Players that lose interest in football but are still happy to pick up a wage and play at 1/2 their potential.

Edit: Not that Batty was like that.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Tiote hasn't scored from the half way line yet so Batty is winning at the minute.

Forgot about that goal. Not quite the half way line like. Although Neil Sullivan was the keeper and Beckham scored from there against him earlier that same season iirc.

19:40 tomorrow night:

Mr Pardew: "Chiek, that West Ham player, Scott Parker, whenever he receives the ball he always does this pirouette before passing it."

Cheik Tiote: "Hokay, meeser boss. I look." [/jarjarbinks]

19:50 tomorrow night:

Parker gets the ball...BANG!!!!!

FYP

off topic but talking about Bechams wonder goal....

Can anyone remember Rob Lees wonder goal that was disallowed because the ref pulled the game back to give us a free kick.

I have a shit memory so cant remember the details but we were defending the gallowgate and Rob Lee broke up an attack somewhere between the 25 yard box and the 40 yards. He then took a step or two, saw their gialie off the line and launched a shot from way inside our half that went it. Just as he kicked it I think he got tackled so the ref blew up and ruined what probably surpassed Beckhams strike.

And while Im at it there was once a horrible situation with Rob Lee that probably looked worse from the gallowgate. He was tackling near the touchline at the leazes end and got charged out of play. He landed backwards on the side hoardings and looked liked he snapped hi spine. It was horrific for a few minutes til he got up and got on with it.

off topic but talking about Bechams wonder goal....

Can anyone remember Rob Lees wonder goal that was disallowed because the ref pulled the game back to give us a free kick.

I have a shit memory so cant remember the details but we were defending the gallowgate and Rob Lee broke up an attack somewhere between the 25 yard box and the 40 yards. He then took a step or two, saw their gialie off the line and launched a shot from way inside our half that went it. Just as he kicked it I think he got tackled so the ref blew up and ruined what probably surpassed Beckhams strike.

And while Im at it there was once a horrible situation with Rob Lee that probably looked worse from the gallowgate. He was tackling near the touchline at the leazes end and got charged out of play. He landed backwards on the side hoardings and looked liked he snapped hi spine. It was horrific for a few minutes til he got up and got on with it.

I was there. Fairly sure it was Charlton and the ref had blown for offside. Lee was about 10-15 yards inside our half and....

Tiote hasn't scored from the half way line yet so Batty is winning at the minute.

Forgot about that goal. Not quite the half way line like. Although Neil Sullivan was the keeper and Beckham scored from there against him earlier that same season iirc.

beckhams was the week before ;) lobbed twice in the space of a week, poor shit.

Thought Battys was better imo, beckham had much more time.

Vinnie Jones went fucking mental with Sullivan at the time :lol:

When Tiote does
, then maybe we can talk. Batty all the way

*Old Skool*

That was in the 5-0 game wasn't it? Class ;)

Take care when searching for Batty and Butt on Google though.

There was def a video of it up here a few years back.

I'll trawl the net, I would love to see it again.

I've had a look and can't see it on here.

It may have been N-O.

Or I may have made the whole thing up and haven't ever actually seen it.

There was def a video of it up here a few years back.

I'll trawl the net, I would love to see it again.

From Lee Ryders Blog

There's enough memories of Lee alone to write a book but interestingly this week while talking to colleagues about some of the great goals bagged by the Londoner that Toon fans seemed to love, there was a recurring theme.

And it wasn't talking about his hat-trick in Antwerp, or his blinder against Nottingham Forest or his header at Wembley against Chelsea - it was indeed that 'goal' against Brentford.

Against Brentford with Newcastle all over the Bees, a clearance from Graham Benstead (at a time when goalies were still getting used to the new backpass rule) was punted to just inside the Toon half.

Instinctively Barry Venison appealed for offside and was successful with the ball heading to the Brentford frontline as Newcastle stepped out.

However, in that same split second Lee had magnificently chested the ball down and hooked it high over Benstead's head and into the Leazes End goal.

The referee quickly chalked the goal off to leave Lee devastated that his wonder goal hadn't stood.

If it had, it then he would have eclipsed Pele's attempted effort from long range against Czechoslovakia in the 1962 World Cup.

And it would have come three years before David Beckham's famous goal at Selhurst Park against Wimbledon.

Sadly, I couldn't find any footage of the goal in the vault and I don't own a VHS recorder any more so quite how I'm going to ever see it again, I don't know.

But hopefully Lee can take some solace from the fact we're at least remembering it

I'll stick the link to the blog on here as well because a few of the comments are describing which vhs has the goal on. (in case anyone has it tucked away and can digitalise it). One of the posters also saying Chris Hughton was in the Brentford side that day (??)

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2010/03/whe...t-pele-cou.html

Edited by Christmas Tree