Most overrated player ever ...

Mac-Toon

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was at a team when Beatle mania etc were about, if he wasnt such a womanising, party going mofo, would he have this status now?

:calmdown: Stop it.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
He was at a team when Beatle mania etc were about, if he wasnt such a womanising, party going mofo, would he have this status now?

Pele desrcibed him as the only player who possibly could've been better than him. For once Pele not talking pish.

Pele desrcibed him as the only player who possibly could've been better than him. For once Pele not talking pish.

Maradona has called Pele a goat-shagger though so he's not going to say El Diego might have been better than him.

Maradona has called Pele a goat-shagger though so he's not going to say El Diego might have been better than him.

Me point is and I cant believe am typing this George Best wasn't shite. 28 goals from the wing in one of his seasons in an era when it was unheard of. He had twists and turns football had never seen before him. I don't want to offend Wykiki cos he's a canny lad, but it's an astonishing view.

Me point is and I cant believe am typing this George Best wasn't shite. 28 goals from the wing in one of his seasons in an era when it was unheard of. He had twists and turns football had never seen before him. I don't want to offend Wykiki cos he's a canny lad, but it's an astonishing view.

Seconded.

Seconded.

Pele, Maradona, Cruff, Platini, etc etc, anyone who knows can't talk about the biggies without bringing up the name George Best.

I was in Roker Park one time only, and the attraction was to go and watch Bobby Charlton & Georgie Best. Besty didn't disappoint, he was incredible to watch.

Donno about most overrated and obviously he was a toon legend but accoring to me dad the likes of Bobby Mitchell weren't fit to lace the boots of Len White. He honestly believes in his heart Len White was the best player we've ever had. Only a little fella but an amazing shot, strong as an ox and quick. That's the impression I have of Hughie Gallagher, but White ended up skint, and never got a testimonial till about 1990, 25 year after he retired and the club played it at Hillheads, Whitley Bay, wanks.

Donno about most overrated and obviously he was a toon legend but accoring to me dad the likes of Bobby Mitchell weren't fit to lace the boots of Len White. He honestly believes in his heart Len White was the best player we've ever had. Only a little fella but an amazing shot, strong as an ox and quick. That's the impression I have of Hughie Gallagher, but White ended up skint, and never got a testimonial till about 1990, 25 year after he retired and the club played it at Hillheads, Whitley Bay, wanks.

Gallagher didnt end up much better like. :huff:

Gallagher didnt end up much better like. :huff:

Aye there's a train of thought Gallagher went off the rails a bit.

Aye. RIP. Best get the thread back on track.

When he left the toon for Chelsea it signalled the start of our demise to be honest league wise, but to be fair Chelsea didn't give him the platform he needed neither.

Aye. RIP. Best get the thread back on track.

When he left the toon for Chelsea it signalled the start of our demise to be honest league wise, but to be fair Chelsea didn't give him the platform he needed neither.

:huff:

Fucking hell.

I always thought Pele's comment about Best (not sure of the exact quote mind) was taken out of context, i.e. he was saying Best was the best player in the world at that time (which he probably was for a 2-3 season period) yet it's often brought up as meaning Pele was saying he was the best ever. In any case, everything I've seen and heard about Best suggests he was one of the greatest of all-time and probably the best player the UK has ever produced.