Most overrated player ever ...

Mac-Toon

Amdy Faye had a very good game against Chelsea for us once (I think it was Chelsea anyway). It was a one-off though.

Jamie McClen once got man of the match against Arsenal too...

Parky how does that work about Bryan Robson?? "He would've been a good manager but for injuries"? Brain injuries?

Him and Acuna bossed the midfield. Shame we got murdered in the replay like.

Aye, was that the game where Robert got sent off too, or was that the league game? Both draws iirc?

Robert was sent off in the league game (I think) because he scored the equaliser in the cup game in the 2nd half (70 mins-ish?). Pires got that bad injury in the cup replay when he went over on his ankle.

Aye that's right, was that the one where Wiltord skinned Distin at left back and Edu scored? I can remember games from years ago better than ones this season tbh.

Parky, I'm not having a pop but I still donno what you're on about.

Repeated heading of the old heavy ball was akin to being a boxer ie losing brain cells. ;)

You don't play enough so don't worry. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Italian player with the massive transfer fees in the 90's.

Lentini?

Schillaci did fuck all after Italia 90 as well. Sure he lied about his age like. He looked at least 35 even back then.

Yeah Lentini. ;) Looked like a playboy played like a ballboy.

I seem to remember Lentini being in a bad car crash shortly after signing and thus never fulfilled his potential.

Steve Marlet? Not the first french international to come to the Prem highly-rated and be shite. A certain toon player springs to mind. Also, Tomasson? Never seen anything to suggest he's a good player, even after he left Newcastle.

Petr Cech is vastly overrated too. Always seems to have at least one calamity a game that never gets picked up on because he plays for Chelski. Don't think he's been a good keeper since SHunt fractured his skull...

Dugarry was pretty shite.

Wasn't it Dugarry who went to Brum (I think???) toward the end of his career, really pulled his finger out and was an inspiration?

Aye. He had a canny game against us at SJP. Played as a CF and was quite a handful as well as having some nice touches.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Dugarry was pretty shite.

Pure shite great shout.

Personally I think Nwankwo Kanu is aptly named. He was shite at Inter, and lived his career at Arsenal off that hattrick at SB. Flattered to deceive imo and vast overrated.

I think Robson played every game in Spain in 1982 and in Germany 1988. He also got 90 caps and scored one in 4 from midfield.

scholes strike rate similar, but in terms of ability, ginger nuts every time.

another one for you. franz carr. fast as the wind but no end product!

Not saying Robson was the best player ever or owt but I find it strange to see him mentioned in a list of most overrated players ever.

Very strange, he gave everything in every game, he was forced to play injured with a shoulder brace on in the 86 world cup because we didnt have anyone close with his talent, fantastic box to box player imo

Gary Walsh was fucking terrible.

Aye he played in goal twice for Man Utd up here. Also Les Sealey (RIP) was never Man Utd class.

Aye he played in goal twice for Man Utd up here. Also Les Sealey (RIP) was never Man Utd class.

Didn't Sealey come in for Jim Leighton in the cup final replay? Against Palace, was it?

Didn't Sealey come in for Jim Leighton in the cup final replay? Against Palace, was it?

Aye cos Leighton was to blame for all three goals in the 3-3.

Hard to see the ball with that much vaseline over your eyes though.

Hard to see the ball with that much vaseline over your eyes though.

;) Eric Young was the same although he had some illness.

leighton was a great shot stopper,but could not kick a moving ball.

training.... ;)

Mind that one he cost Scotland a place in the second round of the world cup with 5 mins to go.