Most overrated player ever ...

Mac-Toon

That Italian player with the massive transfer fees in the 90's.

Lentini?

Schillaci did fuck all after Italia 90 as well. Sure he lied about his age like. He looked at least 35 even back then.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Italian player with the massive transfer fees in the 90's.

Lentini?

Schillaci did fuck all after Italia 90 as well. Sure he lied about his age like. He looked at least 35 even back then.

Yeah Lentini. ;) Looked like a playboy played like a ballboy.

Who would you say is the most overrated player you've seen?

For me, it's got to be Ibrahimovic. I've never seen him have a good game, EVER.

From April 2010;

Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic very nearly covered less ground than his own goalkeeper in midweek against Internazionale according to damning post-match performance statistics.

Barça have Leo Messi running on empty after 24 consecutive starts and are beginning to question Ibrahimovic's contribution after the mileage figures reinforced the impression that he was a passenger in the Champions League semi-final first leg.

While players such as Xavi Hernandez, Pedro and Gerard Pique covered every blade of grass in the San Siro, Ibrahimovic was immobile and ineffective until being replaced midway through the second half having run only 300m further than Victor Valdes.

The money he's commanded in transfer fees must be up there with the highest, I'd have thought. Absolutely shite.

most overrated player in the modern game, without a doubt.

Ray Wilkins was shite.

So was Tino Asprilla.

Hmm. I see what you're saying but Tino's always been lauded more for being a cult hero as apose to a world beating striker. I loved Tino from day one and still do for his affiliation with our club. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the most overrated player poll though.

I think Robson played every game in Spain in 1982 and in Germany 1988. He also got 90 caps and scored one in 4 from midfield.

scholes strike rate similar, but in terms of ability, ginger nuts every time.

another one for you. franz carr. fast as the wind but no end product!

Not saying Robson was the best player ever or owt but I find it strange to see him mentioned in a list of most overrated players ever.

Never forget that goal in the world cup (first game? France).

Who would you say is the most overrated player you've seen?

For me, it's got to be Ibrahimovic. I've never seen him have a good game, EVER.

From April 2010;

Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic very nearly covered less ground than his own goalkeeper in midweek against Internazionale according to damning post-match performance statistics.

Barça have Leo Messi running on empty after 24 consecutive starts and are beginning to question Ibrahimovic's contribution after the mileage figures reinforced the impression that he was a passenger in the Champions League semi-final first leg.

While players such as Xavi Hernandez, Pedro and Gerard Pique covered every blade of grass in the San Siro, Ibrahimovic was immobile and ineffective until being replaced midway through the second half having run only 300m further than Victor Valdes.

The money he's commanded in transfer fees must be up there with the highest, I'd have thought. Absolutely shite.

most overrated player in the modern game, without a doubt.

Ray Wilkins was shite.

So was Tino Asprilla.

Hmm. I see what you're saying but Tino's always been lauded more for being a cult hero as apose to a world beating striker. I loved Tino from day one and still do for his affiliation with our club. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the most overrated player poll though.

I loved Tino;s sheer joy of the game and his genral happy go lucky charm. Was scarred by his experiences with Colombia in the WC.

I think Robson played every game in Spain in 1982 and in Germany 1988. He also got 90 caps and scored one in 4 from midfield.

Not saying Robson was the best player ever or owt but I find it strange to see him mentioned in a list of most overrated players ever.

Never forget that goal in the world cup (first game? France).

Aye, 20-odd seconds. Was the quickest goal in WC Finals history at that time (been beaten since iirc). Went on to win 3-1 against what was a class French side. England exited the tournament without having lost a game as well, due to their being a 2nd group phase.

Lentini?

Had a bad car crash before he could make his mark iirc.

He'd been at Milan a year before the car crash and although he played a canny bit he struggled to live up to his price tag. He didn't play much after the crash like, which couldn't have helped (I think he nearly died).

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Agree 100%. England's best player of the 80's, too many injuries though. I can't remember if he's a toon fan or a mackem fan though. Certainly got a mackem accent, worse than most CLS accents even.

The fact Amdy Faye has amassed probably £3m from playing football when there are better players on this board, suggest to me he truly is the most overrated player in history.

Of players who are rated as true legends Totti stands head and shoulders above the rest imo.

Lentini?

Had a bad car crash before he could make his mark iirc.

before that was really good. the italian lee sharpe, but with more luxuriant hair.

Think you're always paying a premium for luxuriant or exotic hair apparatus (note Carroll).

Agree 100%. England's best player of the 80's, too many injuries though. I can't remember if he's a toon fan or a mackem fan though. Certainly got a mackem accent, worse than most CLS accents even.

The fact Amdy Faye has amassed probably £3m from playing football when there are better players on this board, suggest to me he truly is the most overrated player in history.

Of players who are rated as true legends Totti stands head and shoulders above the rest imo.

Think he's NUFC as when he went to Boro his Dad said 'At least it wasn't Sunderland' or similar.

But for all the head injuries would have made a decent manager.

I forgot all about Amdy Faye. He was dog shit at every club he played for. Can't remember him ever having a half decent game for us.

Totti ranks alongside Ibra and Adriano for me.

Ali Dia was overrated but I guess he rated himself so it doesn't count ;)

I forgot all about Amdy Faye. He was dog shit at every club he played for. Can't remember him ever having a half decent game for us.

Totti ranks alongside Ibra and Adriano for me.

Ali Dia was overrated but I guess he rated himself so it doesn't count ;)

Totti stayed at Roma too long.

Amdy Faye had a very good game against Chelsea for us once (I think it was Chelsea anyway). It was a one-off though.

Jamie McClen once got man of the match against Arsenal too...

Parky how does that work about Bryan Robson?? "He would've been a good manager but for injuries"? Brain injuries?

Amdy Faye had a very good game against Chelsea for us once (I think it was Chelsea anyway). It was a one-off though.

Parky how does that work about Bryan Robson?? "He would've been a good manager but for injuries"? Brain injuries?

Him and Acuna bossed the midfield. Shame we got murdered in the replay like.

Aye, was that the game where Robert got sent off too, or was that the league game? Both draws iirc?

Aye, was that the game where Robert got sent off too, or was that the league game? Both draws iirc?

Robert was sent off in the league game (I think) because he scored the equaliser in the cup game in the 2nd half (70 mins-ish?). Pires got that bad injury in the cup replay when he went over on his ankle.

To do with the old balls and their weight. Read an article a few years back that was basically inferring it had the same effect as if they (especially CB's) were boxers. That and the drink combined (Adams). Robson was a fair drinker (with Mcgrath and Whiteside) and all that heading they did. You can see shades of it when Bruce talks.

Robert was sent off in the league game (I think) because he scored the equaliser in the cup game in the 2nd half (70 mins-ish?). Pires got that bad injury in the cup replay when he went over on his ankle.

Aye that's right, was that the one where Wiltord skinned Distin at left back and Edu scored? I can remember games from years ago better than ones this season tbh.

Parky, I'm not having a pop but I still donno what you're on about.