Peter Taylor

jaythesouthernmag

Given the fact it's not going to be John Carver then I'd welcome Taylor. Although, soon as Pardew's inevitably sacked at some point during his 5.5 year contract, guess who'll be 'hoying his name in the hat' for the position.

The board have probs been holding XFactor-esq auditions in the dugout with potential number2s performing acts. A roleplay, if you like.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'm not exactly salivating at this appointment. Wanted JC myself. Anyone get the impression Stone is so far up Pardew's arse all you can see is the whites of his socks by the way?

Bradford City boss Peter Taylor has revealed he has been approached about becoming Alan Pardew's assistant manager at Newcastle.

Pardew has been searching for an experienced assistant ever since he replaced Chris Hughton at St James' Park last month

Taylor has been in charge of Bradford for 10 months after replacing Stuart McCall at Valley Parade and the side are currently in 10th spot in League Two.

The former England Under 21 coach admitted there had been an initial approach from Newcastle but refused to go into any further detail.

"There might be something in it, but I'll discuss that with the correct people," said Taylor.

Taylor is regarded as one of the best coaches in the business and Pardew sees him as the ideal assistant as he looks to bring success to Newcastle.

Bradford manager Peter Taylor has turned down the chance to become Alan Pardew's assistant at Newcastle, according to Bantams joint-chairman Mark Lawn.

Pardew has been working without a number two after succeeding Chris Hughton at St James' Park last month and had earmarked the experienced Taylor for the role.

However, the former England Under-21 boss has opted to remain at Bradford.

Lawn told the Yorkshire Post: "Newcastle approached us between Christmas and New Year and we subsequently agreed compensation for the remainder of Peter's contract.

"But since then Peter has indicated he wants to stay and we hope that is the end of it."

Bradford are 10th in npower League Two and beat Bury 1-0 on Monday.

Turned us down to stay at league 2 Bradford ffs. Ashley probably offered him ten bob a week and a bonus made up entirely of single digit sports direct vouchers

and a half season ticket at 50% the normal value.