The Reserves

Christmas Tree

Love the fluidity of how our U-21 team play. They're always looking for the ball and interchanging positions with excellent movement on top of it.

The first team could do with watching this. :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Abeid should be ahead of Sammy Ameobi in regards to promotion to the first team...Sammy has quick feet - head down and run. 3 years time he will be at Donny.

They play different positions though.

Yeah I know, but Pardew is constantly saying Sammy is the best out of the reserves or more likely to make the step up. Each time I have watched Abeid, everything goes through him, he can pass, score, dribble. Sammy is like a headless chicken. Barring a goal v Scunthorpe over a year ago.

1. I agree Mark but Abeid came with so much promise and seems to have almost disappeared from any first team talk. I hope not but I can imagine Abeid slipping back to France with little fanfare. Welcome btw :)

Cheers :-) - Abeid has dropped off the radar unfortunately when it comes to first team, hopefully he can pick it back up and turn it around, seems to be set on staying according to his Twitter - Pardew wants to loan him out which may be good for him.

I agree Mark but Abeid came with so much promise and seems to have almost disappeared from any first team talk. I hope not but I can imagine Abeid slipping back to France with little fanfare. Welcome btw :)

The club consider Abeid a big one for the future and lately he has been playing well in the reserves (think he scored this week v Villa). Think Pardew wants to get him to the championship on loan for a year.

People need to remember that a lot of these lads were bought with a view to two or three years down the line, not to imminently break into the first team.

The club consider Abeid a big one for the future and lately he has been playing well in the reserves (think he scored this week v Villa). Think Pardew wants to get him to the championship on loan for a year.

People need to remember that a lot of these lads were bought with a view to two or three years down the line, not to imminently break into the first team.

:pmsl: