The Reserves

Christmas Tree

As far as I know Street wasnt playing. The annoying thing about the reserves is trying to work out who is who. :lol: Everyone around us kept saying "who's he? which ones that?".

Definitely cant see Ferguson getting a game any time soon based on tonight. His whole body language was not interested. As Ive said however, seems to come alive when involved in attack.

You're right about the Moyo / Sammy style. He just has an air about him and looks very comfortable with the ball.

I meant Good, not Streete. :lol: My apologies.

Hopefully as MT has alluded to it's a question of match fitness for Ferguson. There's certainly been some issues with some of the reserve squad in the last few season who haven't put the effort in whenever I've seen them and seemed to have an attitude of we've already made it and those were always the ones who were getting released.

Not saying that's Ferguson btw, as he's certainly never seemed like that on the pitch, but it has been a problem in the past with some of our youngsters.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that JJ Hooper play?

I always thought Moyo would end up quietly leaving. Never heard anything about him getting promoted out of the reserves/U21s.

Really is time for some of these lads to make the step up. Or I can see a clearout next summer.

He played left wing. Did ok.

According to nufc.co.uk Moyo missed most of his first season with an ankle injury.

I think its hard for young players to step up given the rising quality of the first team and the sheer number of players we have vying for one or two places. If you just looked at midfield, after Tiote and Cabaye we then have the following all covering midfield.

Anita

Gosling

Amalfitano

Bigirimana

Vuckic

Abeid

Inman

Newton

Moyo

And theres probably others I havent mentioned!!! Going to take something special to get a chance to shine.

Hard to tell who was who Jonny. He scored.

Apart from the ones already mentioned I would say no one really stood out on the night.

Those Aussies do all look the same like. ;)

Based on something you've read or just guessing?

Doesnt sound right as Sammy has already tweeted tonight that he's off there tomorrow.

Samuel Ameobi ‏@Sammy_Ameobi

Good game tonight, I'm feeling a lot more match fit than I was last game...off to Portugal tomorrow #nufc

Edited by Christmas Tree

Hard to tell who was who Jonny. He scored.

Apart from the ones already mentioned I would say no one really stood out on the night.

They didn't have numbers on their backs/shorts?

1700 or so there for this. It's a shame they don't play at SJP and include better squad players more often as it's very enjoyable to go. (5 of the CT clan went last night).

As it's free to season ticket holders I think more would turn up if regular at SJP.

Last time I went Carroll, Ranger and Krul were playing so it's also nice to try and guess who will be the next "star to break through". On that occasion, Krul was immense.

Doesnt sound right as Sammy has already tweeted tonight that he's off there tomorrow.

Yeah I suppose you need 11+ 5 (6?) subs, then bodies available if theres injuries in training etc....its fair to say that Shane and Sammi will struggle to make the bench in Portugal, unless theres a disaster in training. I see Tavernier wasnt involved last night and was on the bench on Monday...does he play v Maritimo and we end up risking an injury to the only defender named on the bench v Everton, meaning, I presume, he's the only fit defender available in the squad outside of the 4 who started on Monday?...bare bones springs to mind here.

Yeah I suppose you need 11+ 5 (6?) subs, then bodies available if theres injuries in training etc....its fair to say that Shane and Sammi will struggle to make the bench in Portugal, unless theres a disaster in training. I see Tavernier wasnt involved last night and was on the bench on Monday...does he play v Maritimo and we end up risking an injury to the only defender named on the bench v Everton, meaning, I presume, he's the only fit defender available in the squad outside of the 4 who started on Monday?...bare bones springs to mind here.

Stowed away :lol:

A3JJX8WCMAAzTIy.jpg

For those that have seen him, how far off is Curtis Good from being first team quality? We don't exactly have a lot of depth there so I'm hoping the lad is ready to step up in some fringe matches soon

Based on watching him play for his previous club, in his previous league, he will need to step up tenfold.

Based on watching him play for his previous club, in his previous league, he will need to step up tenfold.

Aye...Pardew has mentioned Streete more, also Lubo Satka, bot are young but have been very impressive in the development squad.