The Reserves

Christmas Tree

Vukic is looking the most worrying. We get told everytime he's mentioned how he was scouted by Madrid and Milan and yet he's making no impact whatsoever.

I know we've been doing well so it's obviously going to be tough for him to break into the team and I know he's still young but if he was ever going to be real top class I think we would have seen more of him by now. That's not to say he can't still go on to be a decent player for us but I think the likelyhood of him being a real star is getting smaller and smaller.

I sort of agree but on the other hand I was under the impression that he usually does much better at reserve level. He has been getting call-ups to the bench and he's had injuries at really unfortunate times. Like said above, he's only 19 and one bad result/performance doesn't make him a false hope.

I don't think he's done too badly when he has had a chance in the first team, I'm just worried about the fact he's not getting many chances. That to me suggests the management team think somethings missing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if neither Vuckic or Kadar have made any sort of impact by the end of the season then we'll have to consider their futures (Kadar especially as I believe he'll be out of contract).

Both have had serious injuries which is a real shame because who knows how it's affected their development.

Vukic is looking the most worrying. We get told everytime he's mentioned how he was scouted by Madrid and Milan and yet he's making no impact whatsoever.

I know we've been doing well so it's obviously going to be tough for him to break into the team and I know he's still young but if he was ever going to be real top class I think we would have seen more of him by now. That's not to say he can't still go on to be a decent player for us but I think the likelyhood of him being a real star is getting smaller and smaller.

I sort of agree but on the other hand I was under the impression that he usually does much better at reserve level. He has been getting call-ups to the bench and he's had injuries at really unfortunate times. Like said above, he's only 19 and one bad result/performance doesn't make him a false hope.

I don't think he's done too badly when he has had a chance in the first team, I'm just worried about the fact he's not getting many chances. That to me suggests the management team think somethings missing.

First team have been doing well and we've no Carling Cup/Europa League or whatever to play him in.

He looked like he'd be getting a consistent run of sub appearances before his hand injury.

First team have been doing well and we've no Carling Cup/Europa League or whatever to play him in.

He looked like he'd be getting a consistent run of sub appearances before his hand injury.

Possibly but when you consider Smith was on the bench on Saturday you have to wonder why he wasn't.

• 1 month later...

Reserve squad for the Wigan game today.

Elliot,Nzuzi, Kadar, Henderson, Streete, Greg McDermott,Gosling, Inman, Edmundsson, Moyo, Sam Ameobi, Vuckic, Airey, Donaldson, Prior.

Quite surprised Shanes not in there. Wonder if he's close to a loan.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finished 2-2 which was a fair result. Overall good first half, scrappy second.

Sameobi stood out head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch playing on the right wing. Some mesmerising footwork and some good dribbles resulting in great shots that were either saved or just over/wide.

Shane played left back, looked uninterested and unconvincing defensively. However a different player again when he is involved in attack. At that end of the pitch he is very good on the ball and picks out the clever play.

A special word for a player called Yven Moyo. Came on after about 60 minutes and looked a real midfield maestro. One to watch.

Abeid as well has some quality touches and should come good. Thought he did well at right back.

Moyo looked good in the same fixture last season as well. Reminded me a bit of Sammy actually in the way he runs with the ball.

Not good news about Ferguson not looking particular interested doing the defensive side of things, as he might have to fill in there for us this season, and I've always had him down as a player that seems to give his all from the fleeting appearances that he has made for us.

Seemed like Sunderland had quite a strong team out too.

How did Streete do?

Moyo looked good in the same fixture last season as well. Reminded me a bit of Sammy actually in the way he runs with the ball.

Not good news about Ferguson not looking particular interested doing the defensive side of things, as he might have to fill in there for us this season, and I've always had him down as a player that seems to give his all from the fleeting appearances that he has made for us.

Seemed like Sunderland had quite a strong team out too.

How did Streete do?

As far as I know Street wasnt playing. The annoying thing about the reserves is trying to work out who is who. :lol: Everyone around us kept saying "who's he? which ones that?".

Definitely cant see Ferguson getting a game any time soon based on tonight. His whole body language was not interested. As Ive said however, seems to come alive when involved in attack.

You're right about the Moyo / Sammy style. He just has an air about him and looks very comfortable with the ball.

As far as I know Street wasnt playing. The annoying thing about the reserves is trying to work out who is who. :lol: Everyone around us kept saying "who's he? which ones that?".

Definitely cant see Ferguson getting a game any time soon based on tonight. His whole body language was not interested. As Ive said however, seems to come alive when involved in attack.

You're right about the Moyo / Sammy style. He just has an air about him and looks very comfortable with the ball.

Those who played tonight aren't going to Madeira...maybe thats what pissed Shane off?....along with playing left back...maybe he sees himself as a midfielder?...

Adam Campbell scored again, 4 in 4 now. Am going to stick my neck out a tiny bit and say he'll play for the first team this season.